Photo
- - - - -

Flu remedy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Patrima

Patrima

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:06 AM

Flu season's not over yet!

I just got over what could have been the most awful flu a short while ago and thought I'd share a recipe for anyone who might need it. If you take this regularly when you first fall ill, you'll be back to it in no time. I took it four times the first day I was really sick, and was well enough to go back to work the next day! Ok, well, maybe that's not really a selling point, but you know it means good things.

3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons of lemon juice ( I prefer fresh, but it doesn't really matter)
1 tablespoon of honey

Put these ingredients in a mug and add hot water. Drink it up! If you are really congested, you'll cough like stink at first, but then suddenly you'll feel much much better (and not just because you stopped coughing).

I also recommend brushing your teeth afterwards, because the vinegar is reaply not that great for tooth enamel.

I found this recipe on the excellent resource Earth Clinic:
http://www.earthclinic.com/

#2 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:11 AM

Thanks for this! :D

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#3 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for that - at first glance it looks really acidic.. but I bet the honey straightens that out!

Amber xxx

"Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Every natural fact is a symbol of some spiritual fact." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

#4 Frankie

Frankie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:03 AM

Thank you! I will definitely be remembering this one!
Nature is open to the eyes that can see it.

#5 Patrima

Patrima

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:44 AM

Thanks for that - at first glance it looks really acidic.. but I bet the honey straightens that out!

It's not as bad as it sounds. I got quite addicted to it, actually... :red_witch:
And since you're sick, and you can't taste it so much, it's all the better! The Earth Clinic site is great, if you have not had a chance to look at it. It seems that some people use apple cider vinegar for just about everything.

#6 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:55 AM

Apple cider vinegar is some miracle stuff... LOL! I love it.

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#7 Jaime

Jaime

the cat's staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

Sweet, thanks for this Patrima!

J :)

:howl-moon:

Respect the Elders. Teach the Young. Cooperate with the Pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your Mark.

:Witch-1: