The Crooked Scythe

Michele

Hey - I picked this book up for a song off the internet, and it is an anthology of oral history. It has a section on horsemen, and a "toad ritual" they used to either draw or jade a horse, and it sounds a lot like the natterjack toad ritual from the descriptions of it in the book. It goes into folk-lore of the country folk as recited to the author and written down. Some is just daily life, a lot is (to me) magical.... worth all three dollars I paid for it and then some! I haven't done much besides skim through it yet.... I ordered 6 books total and can't decide where to start, but looking very forward to a lovely weekend with my nose proverbally hidden!

P.S. The natterjack ritual is, I believe, the Chumbley ritual from the One Toad, but don't quote me. Also, I'm SURE any Chumbley book goes into tons more detail and information....

thank you for sharing,

It sounds fascinating....

regarding the "toad"

here is a little bit of trivia for you

as you know there Is so much more to the whole "toad" than meets the eye

as far as I know..it is indeed the Natterjack toad that is being referred to...

Its an endangered species....so ....One needs to make ones own ethics..

remember that there are layers within layers of meanings to such things..

and maybe not altogether necessary to physically "do" anything to Find what is Hidden..

:goodluck::wink:

http://hedgewitchhollow.blogspot.com/2008/06/moon-stallion.html

Very interesting video Naut - do you know what movie it is from... might be interesting to watch the whole thing!

I have always been a literal creature, lol, and peeling back the layers is interesting to me (always did love a good onion ;-)

Its from a 70's BBC series called The Moon Stallion - I tried to get it on Amazon or Ebay a few months back but no luck. :frown:

Very interesting video Naut - do you know what movie it is from... might be interesting to watch the whole thing!

I have always been a literal creature, lol, and peeling back the layers is interesting to me (always did love a good onion ;-)

yes..the moon stallion...

there were a few interesting parts in it...but its very "English"

in a famous Five ...sort of a way!..LOL!

that being said...

I have re-visited a lot of what I was reading and watching as a child..

and there are some very very creepy kind of ......"OH!...I know what that IS now.....shit ...was that actually "THERE" all the time "...things!

mind you....I am so crazy now (jk) that I SEE things everywhere!......

In T.V adverts...or Hear things in all the lyrics of songs etc.

apparently its a certain stage ....(premature senility perhaps ...LOL!)

so long as nobody notices ..eh!

:laugh1:

the maddest stuff..is the books that my kids are reading!!!...and I didnt Choose the Books for them!!!

Outcast for example by Michele Paver......an Excellent Book....about ancient Tribes ...

then there is all the mysterious magical fantasy books...

The Edge chronicles...

Runemarks......

....Percy Jackson

Its Much more "direct" and explicit....than it used to be.....acceptable almost...

and yet of course..that means that in 10 years Time...

WE ..are going to have a very busy time of it..

or Let all those people who would be seeking...."fall" into a net of people who only want to take advantage of them..

apologies that I went off on a tangent!

Edited by Nautonnier

Guest Oakbuchanan
Its from a 70's BBC series called The Moon Stallion - I tried to get it on Amazon or Ebay a few months back but no luck. :frown:

Haha I came across that clip earlier this week on veoh, I think I remember watching in tv... Love to get a copy myself..

Guest Oakbuchanan

Pm for you :)

wish I'd seen this earlier (as in before the event had happened) I really wish I could have gone to this!

This might be of interest re: Horsemans' Word HERE

im a very horsey person, I have always loved horses. I might just have to get in touch with this dude and get an initiation :wink: