• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:38 AM

Did you read the entire thread? This has been addressed here already. There is no 100% fool proof way to make this sort of work 100% safe. There just isn't.
No one can tell you exactly how to identify a trickster, because the trickster will wear a different face for everyone.
Make it as safe as possible by learning and growing, transcending fear, learn discernment and know yourself and your own internal demons.
The best way to do that is serious introspection and meditation.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#62 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:21 PM

I simply talk to my Mother and Father's photo when I feel that I need some guidance. I always get an answer from my Mum. I suppose I should have a special ritual but just talking to their picture seems to do the trick.

#63 OwlSerpent

OwlSerpent

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:23 PM

I don't do a massive lot with ancestors myself. However this time of year I find myself doing more and more especially around Halloween. Through out the year I hold a sort of communion with the ancestors on Saturdays and dark moons or at least aim to.

#64 FancyShadowCat

FancyShadowCat

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:34 AM

I did read the thread, though I can’t deny the possibility I may have missed something. I think there may be a misunderstanding of what I asked. My post was actually in response to yours Solanaceae. I didn’t mean to ask how to directly identify ‘them’ upon first contact (since they are tricksters). What I meant by my question was how to identify the signs that a spirit you are working with is a trickster. As in yes, I trust your statement that this is not 100% safe, so how might you go about discerning the signs of a trickster in your midst before it turns into a bigger problem? What symptoms may begin appearing that could be tell-tale signs that this spirit is using you?

If the methods of properly identifying that a spirit is screwing with you has been addressed here, I apologize, and again, I’m open to being directed to another thread although I did not find anything on this sub-topic in the search bar.
I’d also like to add that it’s not my intention to place the burden of my inexperience on anyone by feeling obligated to their wisdom, I’m more than willing to find out through my own experience, but I appreciate the wisdom often shared on this site.

Edited by FancyShadowCat, 11 October 2018 - 07:38 AM.

#65 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:05 AM

Through discernment you will know them. What does your own intuition tell you when you encounter them?
Keep in mind that if you are not used to spirit encounters you may have a fear response that is triggered by the unknown. This should not necessarily be taken as an indication of malific intent.
Do they tell you anything useful or do they simply string you along?
One thing I have noted is usually a clear sign that the spirit is NOT really an ancestor is if it attempts to seduce or otherwise sexually accost you. Sexual energy is a great source of 'food' and a spirit may wear an ancestors face to get close enough to you to allow an 'in'. If they start to get too friendly that is a pretty clear sign. The only exception would be if your ancestor was in life that sort of pervert who would attempt to seduce thier kin, in which case you might want to reconsider working with them unless of course you are into that sort of thing, lol.

#66 FancyShadowCat

FancyShadowCat

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:11 AM

I definitely believe you about the value of sexual energy as food there. I have been seduced during my sleep by an entity before (discussed on another thread) until a spirit protecting me stepped in. I probably will not trust anything that tries to seduce me from now on. I did not consider how I’d interpret an ancestor coming onto me but your advice definitely makes sense.
Thank you

Edited by FancyShadowCat, 12 October 2018 - 01:13 AM.

#67 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:27 AM

In light of other recent threads bringing up the subject of sexual encounters with incorporeal entities, I feel I should add here that not all sexual encounters with spirits should be assumed to be malific or parasitic in nature. The red flag is raised if it is a supposed ancestor who approaches you this way, because that is generally uncharacteristic of ancestral spirits.
However with other entities it can indeed be a mutually beneficial exchange of energy. Just putting that out there in the hopes of preventing misunderstanding.

Edited by Solanaceae, 18 October 2018 - 02:30 AM.