ONE: The Grimoire of the Golden Toad

Cairelle

Not sure if you tried Caduceus Books, but they list one on their website here http://www.caduceusbooks.com/sh-witch.htm. Just scroll halfway down the page for it.

*DROOL*

Kirk would KILL me if I shelled out 4K for a book... but this one's got the goodies that came with it originally...

(scheming, scheming... )

Thanks Lela!!:grin_witch:

yes, and if you manage to get hold of it you will suddenly have lots of guests turning up on your doorstep wanting to stay for the weekend who all want to read it.....!!! (obviously i will be there, hehe)

*DROOL*

Kirk would KILL me if I shelled out 4K for a book... but this one's got the goodies that came with it originally...

(scheming, scheming... )

Thanks Lela!!:grin_witch:

My understanding is the toad ritual is also in the "Pattern Under the Plough." Yet as the One is a CS book, there may be spirits bound to it that wouldn't be bound to the Pattern. Also, there is an article on the internet, legally, which was written by Chumbley about the ritual. In fact, I have a book I just picked up from Amazon for under 10 bucks that has several references to, and bits and bobs of, toad rituals called (long title) "Magic and Healing, The History and Folklore of Magical Healing Practices from Herb-Lore and Incantations to Rings and Precious Stones" by C J S Thompson.

• 5 years later...

Um, yes I have it! Its bloody expensive and emptied my second credit card - just as I was getting back to a full credit card on another one. I helped one of my contributors in writing an article on the Horse Whisperer's Society using information out of this book  in my own style of write - not copied. I also have a slim volume by Andrew Chumbley called "The Leaper Between" which also deals with the Natterjack Toad and its associations with a certain bone that floats in water and which is used as a charm to help you control your horse. Why no one has hit on the idea of using the reins of a horse, your spurs, and you riding crop, to control it, I'll never know. Don't people ride horses any more these days? :witch_bounce:

Yup, I haven't been able to ride in a while though. Don't forget that you also use your legs and pressure (more than anything really). I used to get off and feel like my legs were spaghetti after lessons lol.

I thought the bone was supposed to allow the person to actually talk to the horse and be understood , rather than to just control it....

• 2 years later...

All I have to add to this discussion is that Chumbley's work on this was simply a twist on older and available documents, meaning I certainly would not pay a damn fortune for this book. Heh.

I wouldn't pay a fortune for anything Chumbley wrote or Xoanan publishes. It's all just someone Personal Gnosis and has never been of any help to me.