9 replies to this topic

#1 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

Okay - I;m on ESt time.... what is everyone interested on?

If you are on all about the same time, I'd like to start a twice monthly discussion group and read/re-read the CS books together (pick any one you want, we don't all have to be reading the same one) and discuss our guesses at the mysteries, our responses to any ritual we do from one of the books, the responses to the sex rituals and the "de-xtion-culture" (for lack of a better term - de-sensatize yourself) rituals, what dreams have come... etc.

I'm thinking of this Thursday for an hour starting about 9 p.m. est (if u have family hopefully dinner and dishes will be done by then!), then every other Thursday, same bat-time, same bat-channel.

If anyone from CS happens to read this, I hope you don't mind our using your very interesting books for our discussion group - believe me, we are not assuming we know anything, nor are we in any way teaching about CS... just exploring new avenues :-)

Let me know who, if any, are interested!

#2 sarasuperid

sarasuperid

Wild Witch of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

Sounds great to me. We are starting this thursday? Sounds good.
"A Craft, a calling, a set of Keys to unlock a particular cosmology that is borne, and born, in the blood of the practitioner, and sets the Work to be done with which one may commune with those who hold the patterns and keys of the life of the practitioner and hir stream. The Work is to be done, and we are to do it." --Aiseling the Bard

#3 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:08 AM

Michele,

Make sure you start a thread, or add to this one, that gives specific dates - maybe two or three chat sessions in advance, so that peeps can make plans.

Great idea for a chat! I will definitely swing by so I can soak up some of the knowledge floating around. :-)

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#4 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:23 AM

Michele,

Make sure you start a thread, or add to this one, that gives specific dates - maybe two or three chat sessions in advance, so that peeps can make plans.

Great idea for a chat! I will definitely swing by so I can soak up some of the knowledge floating around. :-)

or hopefull BE the knowledge 'cuz god knows I have no clue what I'm doin' lol

#5 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:26 AM

or hopefull BE the knowledge 'cuz god knows I have no clue what I'm doin' lol

Not when it comes to Chumbley, luv... I will NOT be the knowledge, LOL! That doesn't matter, though. Sometimes a lot can be learned from talking about what we don't know. :D

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#6 Nautonnier

Nautonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

absolutely!
Exploration is very useful!

I LOVE this site!...sorry ,..Like a kid in a toyshop...I will calm down eventually..or youll all get sick of me...

!!!

#7 Lela

Lela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

I, too, am going to try to make it to the chats. I haven't read Chumbley yet, (he's in the TBR pile) but participating in chat might help to shed some light on his work and the CS.

I do have VU which I'm still in the process of reading work keeps getting in the way from me doing much these days, but I'm trying to remedy that. As for Ars Philtron, I have the Codex Vasculum version just released from Xoanon this past year tucked away ready to read once I get through VU.

I think these chats are a great idea!

#8 witchwood

witchwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:20 AM

Are these chats happening at all. I've just managed to , ahem, download a copy of the Chumbley books. I would buy them if they get reissued, so it woul dbe good to hear others views. I have the VU and Ars Philtron which are great too. They are origioanls before some copyright geek points the finger.

#9 ValarieAnne

ValarieAnne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:03 PM

This sounds like something I'd really enjoy, if I can stay awake that "late".. I have to get up at 4:45 every day. My knowledge is sketchy but a great place to sit quietly in the corner and absorb! Thanks Michele, more knowledge is always a good thing!

EST time here too.

#10 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

If you check the date of this thread you will see that it is from a year ago.
Think I might need to do some housekeeping in the Announcements area!

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.