Chumbley

owlblink

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this...?

I thought I'd start the thread about Chumbley and his work, i.e. Qutub, Azoetia, One. I have just started to read Qutub and Azoetia - only just managed to get hold of them.

Maybe someone who has actually read some of his work (michele..?) could start by gving an overview of what is in it, and what you thought of it. I literally only just got it last night, so might not be able to comment much for a day or two, till i've read some more of it...!!

Let the discussion commence!:banana:

K - I have read (but can't spell - lol) the QTub, Azoetia, and majority of the V Umbris. LOVE THEM!!!! I am hoping with my tax check to get a copy of the Ars Philtron. They DO make very good bed-time companions. I'd try sleeping with them. (not all of them at one time.)

I also find gazing at the pics with "blury eyes" very interesting, but so far only in one of the pics... dont know if that's myimagination or not.

I find them very hard to understand, but then read them again, and they made more sense. Have also been told that if you read Pillars of Tubal Cain, Masks of Misrule, and Book of Fallen Angels first, (and try a few of the suggestions in them) that they will make more sense. Also read that the ritual at the end of Qtub opens things up. I was "this close" to trying it, but one sentence has stopped me. I would love to privately discuss that sentence with someone as it may just be me being too literal.

Although there are seemingly xtion things in them, they go by veils upon veils... that the "greater Mysteries"are hidden behind the veils as the different religions have taken over.

I found all three of them a good slap-in-the-face of "oh you silly urbanite, how little you really know" - lol, but as soon as I got passed that overwhelming feeling (for I am not a scholar -- or a speller) I immediately found a passage in the Umbris about not entering the wilds hungery.So I put aside my own "profane" wish to know and be one who knows, and entered with only the wish to connect. Immediatelythings got different. I am trying to keep that attitude, but it's not always easy lol. Sometimes I get impatient waiting for the next snippet, but the old ones can't be pushed, and who am I to demand audience with an Oak that has seen the birth of this nation - I?

The Q & A seem to me to be about letting go of, to an extent, our cultural imprints and finding the truth, and also finding me (or I).

*****This is what I have got so far; I could be wrong. If anyone else is studying these and want to start a bi-monthly chat/reading group and the mods don't mind us using the chat room for same twice a month.... well, I'd LOVE to have some reading companions along this very long and crooked path.... ***************** Mods? What say You????

P.S. "One" is impossible to get short of a year's salary; however, there are other books that have the toad right in them.... will have to look up which ones.....

I will try to have a good read of it tomorrow - and I'll have a read over the ritual at the end, too.

Also read that the ritual at the end of Qtub opens things up. I was "this close" to trying it, but one sentence has stopped me. I would love to privately discuss that sentence with someone as it may just be me being too literal.

Good idea! This discussion has really got me wanting to study it now. I really enjoyed his other works and essays, some of which I have already read.

If anyone else is studying these and want to start a bi-monthly chat/reading group and the mods don't mind us using the chat room for same twice a month.... well, I'd LOVE to have some reading companions along this very long and crooked path. Mods? What say You????

why did the ritual put you off Michelle?

feel free to pm me!

(about xtian........thats because of the great LIE......a christos is an anointed initiate of the ancient mysteries......sometimes I wonder If any doorway is sufficient....

any initiation.......had a few...but not yet the CS one....and having ones eyes opened...seems ONE can SEE ALL...so its probably not totally necessary..but would Be the Icing on my human cake for me!

(hidden meanings abound!)

to an initiate.....a Christian ..takes on a whole NEW meaning...and not at all to be confused with papacy.....or anything remotely mainstream....I can try to explain it more clearly in another thread if you desire it

{also there is a part of the reason for the downfall of the Templars....even back to the Council of Nicea...}

)

BTW..the invocation at the start of Azoetia...is also powerful stuff!

I have studied, Azoetia, Qutub..Ars Philtron, Viridarium umbris..

the rest I am reading ...then study in depth..."one" being elusive

however another kind of "one" is Omnipresent

Omneity...its called by some

and The Various Grimoires of Cs...by far are imbued with the Essence

;)

absolutely literally driven I am by all CS material....

have a copy of Ars Philtron and Qutub on order from xoanon....

My dream to be initiated proper ...we shall see how that fares out

The actual Grimoires have spirits bound into them...

the first part of the passageway is a very scarey place...

Do not Fear!

At work, but just a quick disclaimer here - we are all very lucky to have had these books come to us. I know the prices are high and that some, or parts, or all , of them are here and there on the internet. I also know those owning/working (or whatever the word is) this web-site would never condone the disregard of copyright laws, and as such and to avoid confusion, lets not say our respective books' formats in the posts. The owners of this forum have no control over what anyone decides to do/download/read/what-have-you on the internet and we don't want to discuss anything that could get them in any trouble :-)

xoxox

Indeed, thanks for posting that Michele. Discuss the books by all means, but do not post links to ebook versions as Moderators or Admins will be forced to remove them from the thread.

Discussion of the works of CS is encouraged, but let's keep it discussion and not links to copyrighted material.

Thanks again Michele for thinking of this site xxx

Naut - I have seen reference to the "LIE" and think it ties in with cain, eve and the serpent (ant?) and possibly lillith. I also know that conquering religions superimpose upon others. I also read somewhere that Cochrane said somethign to the effect of what is gained by ritual is an understanding of the deeper mystery.

And the cs find religion veils a deeper mystery..... (if I'm reading this correctly)....

AHHHHHH - it's almost pumpkin time -I have to go back to work from lunch.... will log on again when I get home. Bye all for now!

Michele,

as regards using the chat room as a chat/reading group, go for it. The chat room is there for members to use, moderated chats announced by Moderators etc are one part of that, members deciding to do something themselves is also encouraged.

If anyone else is studying these and want to start a bi-monthly chat/reading group and the mods don't mind us using the chat room for same twice a month.... well, I'd LOVE to have some reading companions along this very long and crooked path.... ***************** Mods? What say You????

I Will Try to participate in a chat...however my online time is limited to usually mornings...

(I am a chef and work in the evenings)

The Great "LIE" as you mentioned Michele......is a doorway into yourself.

Thats why the Liars perpetrated the Lie in the first place..and persecuted us for millenia.

in a way CS..Un-veils rather than veils..

its the mainstream religions that imposed the veil..

Not bashing.....honestly I dont personally Care what anyone else decides to do to waste their opportunity on this Earth...What I Do care about is others imposing their opinions on me..and on anyone else who happens to be seeking and finds themselves prevented due to the ignorance of others.

Now...I am not either claiming that I know anything!....all students together!

qutub....when I First read it...touched a chord within me....

suddenly everything was clear...

personally speaking I have been very fortunate.....my enthusiasm to "understand"....brought me to places that it is difficult to reach.

I would bring everybody to those places...as was the intention of Chumbley.....and a great many "unknown" people.....many of whom were tortured , burned, Hung, Drowned...by fearful ignorant people who chose not to pass through the veils...and worse...chose to actively prevent the passage of their fellows ....

Thankfully Those times are behind us

as for the "christian" symbolism within CS material.....

I Mentioned that there is a different meaning....

It NOT the "normal" definition....

However That can also be an advantage and definitely veils "us" from our Enemies....

as it is said...it is a test that few manage to penetrate..

I am deliberately stating these things in a public place

bound to certain aspects of silence ....its part of the process...

The Three stages of silence....( will start another thread to explain)

I have a quotation from Clymer..

which illustrates the great "Lie"

to understand the "lie"

is a huge step to understanding yourself and therefore penetrating through the veils into the mysteries..

and therefore to an unlocking of the cipher of Qutub

You will not find this quotation anywhere..its from a "private" book called the mysteries of Osiris...

it would appear that Initiation IS initiation no matter what Title is placed upon it......thats a useful thing

the more humble one can be...the more "strength" one can have.

(a difficult paradox)

Clymer speaks of being alive....i.e being the Spirit that manifests Inside the Human form.

He Describes How The mainstream has closed the Doors....

Quote:

"The Manifestation of The Present Life and its activities has ever aroused the conservative element in man;

While in REVERSE it has brought about in other men unwilling to live an enlightened life and Goaded by an active conscience,

Those Scenes of religious Diabolism

(inquisition, witch hunts etc. -my emphasis)

which so frequently enshrouded the world in deepest sorrow,

due to the Certainty ...

That .....Self Guilt,

or

Inner accusation becomes the MOST powerful of ALL forces of Evil

In an attempt to Justify Itself"......endquote

The mainstream has oppressed us for long enough......

I stand alone in saying that ...and also...I will tone down my level of indignation in public..do not wish to bring any unnecessary attention in the door behind me..I close it firmly as I pass!...

when you consider how vehemently the church leaders from aeon to aeon have fought to prevent us from passing through the veils...

It is not difficult to imagine that a thing of great value must be hidden behind those veils

maybe the most valuable....

the key to self

and freedom from serfdom and slavery

to be able to finally "think" and act with Free Choice for oneself

maybe that is happiness???

and qutub Is a way to go there

Thanks michele for organising the chat on this.

I still havent got round to reading it all, so I better get on with it soon before the organised chat comes around!

nautenier you talk in riddles, lol. Although, that seems fitting to CS :wink:

Thanks for posting this stuff. I was at the book store the other day and left very dissapointed as i was tired of reading and re-reading the same old. I did some research on the author and books you mentioned and decided to get myself a copy of some of the books. I'm excited to start reading. :) Hopefully i can get enough read to atleast understand the Chat discussion on thursday.

Please everyone remember the chat is started to all give ideas - I really know nothing of the CS, and want to hear opinions of others on the books and bounce around ideas to help me understand!!!!!!

right ... have begun flicking through both Qutub and Azoetia and on the surface it looks like Qutub might be the easiest to start with; even though i think Azoetia came first, so theoretically...

Qutub; its the sort of book I have to read while sat next to google, hehe ... but as he says in the first proper paragraph of the book, 'amid these words (of the poem) a secret is voiced.' There are bits and pieces that I did recognise in these poem section of the book though (all 33 pages of it...) like references to Lilith, Azrvan Akarana, and the 'dragon'.

The first thing about Azoetia is the amazing pictures. Have to flick right the way through to see them all before considering to read the text :naughty:

Oi, don't do what I did, there is a complete glossary at the end of Qutub. (I spent a few hours on google looking every word I didn't know up.

noooo! haha oops. thanks!

Oi, don't do what I did, there is a complete glossary at the end of Qutub. (I spent a few hours on google looking every word I didn't know up.

the Glossary helps!...LOL!

It Is a beautiful poem as well on its own dont you think!

and If You Read it out loud..It Seems to come alive when you speak the words!...

That would be excellent!

I can provide suitable music ......I (and a friend sometimes) compose ....in a state of trance...using the activators within CS grimoires.....

If someone can figure out how......I can get an mp3 here or somewhere so you can all hear it....and use it if you wish

(Told you ...very weird!..LOL!)

Would we need permission to do it?

How would we get the permission?

any suggestions?

a nice background video would be cool as well..

i am game if anyone else is.....Just ....need to get the right approval...

how does it stand with copyright etc.????

I think it's a fun idea, but not sure that we should actually entertain doing it, lol. If I wrote a book about my gods/spirits/beliefs and possible contact and I saw someone reading it on u tube it would feel a bit like they were poking fun at it. Unless they had a deep and involved konwledge and were doing it as a teaching tool... and I sure as hell don't know the CS well enough to pronounce some of the words/names, much less know anything about it!!!!! lol .... but it is a fun idea to bounce around :-)

probably right!..I hadnt thought about that....You tube Is Full of a lot of satire! and people probably would get the wrong idea..and I am not a teacher.

no plans whatever in that department..have enough trouble with Myself as unruly Pupil...not to mind anymore!

:sunny:

had a lovely sunny morning Here....was outside working with it!

:cauldron:

observing strange magnetics in Incense...have you noticed that on a calm day the atoms of the smoke hang in the air like snakes...

Its all connected.

I know poetry is meant to be read, and of course I would do it in all seriousness. I am planning on making a channel devoted to things I am working on within the craft--nothing super secret, just things that other folks might be struggling through as well.

Satires are usually pretty obviously satires. It also depends on what else is on the youtuber's channel, if the rest is craft related and serious, I doubt it would be taken wrong.

As far as I know there is nothing illegal about reading other writer's poetry aloud. Of course I would not read the whole book (the interpretations, the glossary, the rituals, etc, I would leave out) I read the whole poem aloud to myself yesterday and I really enjoyed it.

I know poetry is meant to be read, and of course I would do it in all seriousness. I am planning on making a channel devoted to things I am working on within the craft--nothing super secret, just things that other folks might be struggling through as well.

Satires are usually pretty obviously satires. It also depends on what else is on the youtuber's channel, if the rest is craft related and serious, I doubt it would be taken wrong.

As far as I know there is nothing illegal about reading other writer's poetry aloud. Of course I would not read the whole book (the interpretations, the glossary, the rituals, etc, I would leave out) I read the whole poem aloud to myself yesterday and I really enjoyed it.

Cool - channel on what (item, not subject)... I mean like on the internet, or utube, or cable tv.... god some of the stuff one can do now really amazes me (not to age myself...)

Archived