Frog in the letter box?

meg

We found a great rental house a few months back and on the day we inspected it we found a green tree frog in the letter box. My kids found it in there and we got it out and let it go in the garden worried it might dehydrate in the summer sun. When we moved in we once again found it in the letter box. it goes there when it gets hot, eats some spiders in there and is doing quite well. we don't remove it anymore. So is there any meaning to a frog in the letter box. Our home is a deceased estate that i dreamt of over 3 yrs ago. So i feel it is a 'meant to be' home.

Maybe this topic belongs in divination. still learning where things belong.

The frog is seen in many different ways in different cultures, but I see them as good fortune, protection, re-creation and fertility. I'd look after it and spend time contemplating on it.

hmm, well in eastern cultures frogs and toads are a sign of prosperity (those weird little toads with coins in their mouths which you face towards the door) My knowledge so far of western lore is the frog or toad as a magical talisman and a sign of knowledge. Not sure! Have you named him?!

:gumbert: (not a frog - closest i could find!!)

I find naming things a very difficult task. I'll see if he's in the letterbox tomorrow and see if i can connect. we have been doing well financially but that came before the frog.

I have always heard the frogs represent prosperity and protection. But that was not my experiance. Prosperity wasn't anyway. My other home had lots of frogs. One big toad lived in the garden right by my front door. Protection may have been something they provided. But prosperity it did not. That was actually the worst we had ever had. We started to prosper and do better after moving away from that home and living in one that has not had one sign of a frog around. Of course things do tend to be opposite for me. LOL. Like it has been said. It would represent what you personally feel it does. Not always the same for each person.

Rebie

Oh I LOVE frogs! My mom got me a toad house for Christmas, LOL...

I'd be so excited if one took up residence in my mailbox. To me, that's a good thing.

Hi Meg,

I`m not sure about the frog although it could very well be part of the sign that the house is for you and that you will be happy there, but if you dreampt of the house too then I DO think there is something in that. Sounds as though it was meant to be.

xx

:frogspells: Hi Meg

What happens when someone posts a letter? He wont get squashed will he?

we oddly have one letter box on top of the other and he resides in the brick one, not the flip top one. The brick one is never used as its hard to put the letters in.

I been a frog lover since childhood. lol

The only prosperity I got was when I bought one of those frogs with the coins in his mouth & placed him facing my front door. But for me It was a totem/spirit animal along with protection.

I use to have a big collection of frogs & turtles all over my livingroom then I minimized it down to one of each & started collecting other animals to that had meanings for me.

For me there was just a special feeling that came with frogs, I even talk to mine. lol

Sapphire

Frogs are wonderful! I love listening to them when its been raining or its about to rain, esp in the evening!

I have a lucky frog my MIL gave me for christmas...she went to a special "witchy" store as she called it. LOL. Its certainly been lucky for me since ive had it on my keyring ^^

Its official, his name is Harold.

So cool Love the name! I have a thing for frogs too. I got a really neat stained glass of a frog, and whats real neat is the frog glass is out of an old church from over the pond and they don't make that kind of stain glass anymore.. It has a real special meaning to me for some reason.

Archived