83 replies to this topic

#81 Edge

Edge

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:44 AM

I love dark music. Dark themes, dark lyrics, metal, industrial, and anything creepy sounding.

#82 Broomflower

Broomflower

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:29 AM

The Cure, Sisters of Mercy, Siouxie, Bauhaus, The Smiths...I admit it, I'm old. :Spider-1:

Eat your lawn.

#83 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:40 AM

The Cure, Sisters of Mercy, Siouxie, Bauhaus, The Smiths...I admit it, I'm old. :Spider-1:

I love Siouxie! 

I liked a lot of goth/deathrock when I was in my 20s, still listen to it but don't really seek out new artists in those genres. Lately I've been enjoying Ladytron's last album and ambient music...I still wear a lot of black and dress slightly "goth" but what's in my headphones doesn't really match that look these days.

Although a friend introduced me to a metal band called Batushka--never liked metal--but I like this band. They use a lot of Orthodox-style chanting over the guitars and screaming and I have to say there's something cathartic about it for me. 

Edited by Madame, 02 March 2017 - 05:40 AM.

#84 Revan

Revan

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

I've had some people say that some of my music is dark/creepy. I listen to a lot of orchestra: Audiomachine, City of the Fallen, Two Steps From Hell just to name a few. Some of the songs can be rather eerie, but I like it at times.