Sign in to follow this  
Frankie

"Dark" music

I just finished reading an old thread about "witchy" music. I saw that most of you that posted are really into the celtic, Loreena, Enya type music...which incidently, I love. My question is....do any of you enjoy dark, gothic type music? My absolute favorite is...ahem....Cradle of filth!!! My husband thinks I'm nuts, but thats cool with me! I also enjoy Leaves eyes and Tristania, to name a couple. Anyone out there with the same musical tastes?

I have quite a bit of drama in my life. I need soothing music to calm my soul. Too many Dark folks coming at me from inside my own family. We have cleaned and shielded numerous times, and I have personally shielded. IT is tiring.

:scared: Yes... me too.. I like an eclectic selection of music.. but nothing massively heavy :scared:

My favorite music is from an Apache band called Ah Nee Mah...their "Ancient visions" album is my favorite. I also enjoy, Cusco, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Spa Moods Collection, Blue Oyster Cult and of course, Led Zeppelin.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone heard Dark Chest of Wonders by Nightwish, i think it falls under the category of both Dark and Amazing. :)

I listen to some prog, and when I want some "peaceful stuff" I will throw on some Blackmore's Nights, but am a symphonic metal/speed metal chic basically, at heart. Some favorites are-Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Stratovarius, Angra, Helloween, Galloglass, Kamelot, etc..to name just a few. I love Nightwish, but with Tarja-Wishmaster was unbelievable and I have never found anything like it since! This doesn't mean that I don't love my Nat King Cole, Johny Mathis, And Tom Jones. Strange, I know from a metal head, but, whadda ya gonna do.

I think my age is showing ... I recognize nearly none of what y'all are talking about! Personally my favorite "group" is the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields - especially if Sir Neville Mariner is conducting.

Yeah, I've heard that song. Its awesome. I've always been a metal head at heart but I do like all kinds of music...from Lil Wayne all the way to Beethoven!!

Guest nick
I just finished reading an old thread about "witchy" music. I saw that most of you that posted are really into the celtic, Loreena, Enya type music...which incidently, I love. My question is....do any of you enjoy dark, gothic type music? My absolute favorite is...ahem....Cradle of filth!!! My husband thinks I'm nuts, but thats cool with me! I also enjoy Leaves eyes and Tristania, to name a couple. Anyone out there with the same musical tastes?

:hug: YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!!!!!!!

I dont mean anything dissrespectfull, but if your hubby ever leaves you IM SINGLE!lol

:loveeyes:I LOVE CRADLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cradle of Filth are awesome, i like Evanescence which can be dark at times, Lacuna Coil, My chemical romance, 30 Seconds to Mars, NIN, Within Temptation, Seether, Slipknot, Drowning Pool, Stone sour,Smashing Pumpkins....well i guess i'm on the lighter side of dark. I like stuff i can sing to, don't really like a lot of the screaming that happens in death metal though...

i just finished reading an old thread about "witchy" music. I saw that most of you that posted are really into the celtic, loreena, enya type music...which incidently, i love. My question is....do any of you enjoy dark, gothic type music? My absolute favorite is...ahem....cradle of filth!!! My husband thinks i'm nuts, but thats cool with me! I also enjoy leaves eyes and tristania, to name a couple. Anyone out there with the same musical tastes?

hell yes!!!!!

I love Nightwish, but with Tarja-Wishmaster was unbelievable and I have never found anything like it since.

Very true.

I listen to "gothic rock" mostly alone when I'm driving. My kids don't like it too much. Usually it is Nightwish.

I love dark music,

The darker the better

There is an Industrial metal band

called Tsengrin

The album called T.R.I.A.D.E.

Its my favourite at the moment

I was always into fringe music..

this cost me only 99c on ebay....

what a bargain!

Problem with ebay is there are always interesting product there

i got two orgone rods and an auric amplifier for less than 10

euro!

Excellent!

Sweet!!!! More Cradle of filth fans!! I'm pretty stoked because I'm going to see them in concert next month...can't wait! :witchnana: Nyxiah, I listen to the bands you mentioned as well. And Nick....you're funny!!!:D

Guest nick
Cradle of Filth are awesome, i like Evanescence which can be dark at times, Lacuna Coil, My chemical romance, 30 Seconds to Mars, NIN, Within Temptation, Seether, Slipknot, Drowning Pool, Stone sour,Smashing Pumpkins....well i guess i'm on the lighter side of dark. I like stuff i can sing to, don't really like a lot of the screaming that happens in death metal though...

Same here, I Luv Dark music but if there is to much sceamin I dont listen to it for long. But if its just the music no lyrics I will listen all day.

Guest nick
Sweet!!!! More Cradle of filth fans!! I'm pretty stoked because I'm going to see them in concert next month...can't wait! :witchnana: Nyxiah, I listen to the bands you mentioned as well. And Nick....you're funny!!!:D

:abduct:yeee!!!!lol

Laugh if you will, I love my Queen of the Damned soundtrack. Movie sucked ass, but the music fucking rocked! Can't remember off-hand who's on it.

Sign in to follow this