"Dark" music

Frankie

Dopesmoker by the band Sleep....goes for an hour or so...hooray for Doom Metal. Black Sabbath usually work for me as far as 'dark' goes among other bands but I only listen to metal when I can be bothered or if one.of my favourite radio stations is having their weekly metal nights on.

Dopesmoker by the band Sleep....goes for an hour or so...hooray for Doom Metal. Black Sabbath usually work for me as far as 'dark' goes among other bands but I only listen to metal when I can be bothered or if one.of my favourite radio stations is having their weekly metal nights on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like Sleep I could recommend a couple if doom bands

Windhand

Electric Wizard

Candlemass

Witchfinder General

St. Vitus

Count Raven

And a little darker

Runemagick

Swallow the Sun

Glorior Belli

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Not metal or anything hardcore, but as for darker music in general, the poetry of Maynard James Keenan is very inspirational and empowering for me. "Rose", in particular, is practically my mantra when I need to overcome.

• 10 months later...

The Cure, Sisters of Mercy, Siouxie, Bauhaus, The Smiths...I admit it, I'm old. :Spider-1:

I love Siouxie! 

I liked a lot of goth/deathrock when I was in my 20s, still listen to it but don't really seek out new artists in those genres. Lately I've been enjoying Ladytron's last album and ambient music...I still wear a lot of black and dress slightly "goth" but what's in my headphones doesn't really match that look these days.

Although a friend introduced me to a metal band called Batushka--never liked metal--but I like this band. They use a lot of Orthodox-style chanting over the guitars and screaming and I have to say there's something cathartic about it for me. 

Edited by Madame

• 1 month later...

I've had some people say that some of my music is dark/creepy. I listen to a lot of orchestra: Audiomachine, City of the Fallen, Two Steps From Hell just to name a few. Some of the songs can be rather eerie, but I like it at times.