• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Frankie

Frankie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

I just finished reading an old thread about "witchy" music. I saw that most of you that posted are really into the celtic, Loreena, Enya type music...which incidently, I love. My question is....do any of you enjoy dark, gothic type music? My absolute favorite is...ahem....Cradle of filth!!! My husband thinks I'm nuts, but thats cool with me! I also enjoy Leaves eyes and Tristania, to name a couple. Anyone out there with the same musical tastes?
Nature is open to the eyes that can see it.

#2 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

if you describe NIN as dark music, then yes ;) their videos certainly are!
Do not do what you desire - do what is necessary

#3 Lela

Lela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

I like to listen to Nox Arcana every once and a while. Check em out: http://www.noxarcana.com/

#4 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

I have quite a bit of drama in my life. I need soothing music to calm my soul. Too many Dark folks coming at me from inside my own family. We have cleaned and shielded numerous times, and I have personally shielded. IT is tiring.

#5 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

i think as I get older I am softening up ... :buddies:
Do not do what you desire - do what is necessary

#6 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

:scared: Yes... me too.. I like an eclectic selection of music.. but nothing massively heavy :scared:

Amber xxx

"Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Every natural fact is a symbol of some spiritual fact." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

#7 Grimalkin

Grimalkin

The grumpy one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

My favorite music is from an Apache band called Ah Nee Mah...their "Ancient visions" album is my favorite. I also enjoy, Cusco, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Spa Moods Collection, Blue Oyster Cult and of course, Led Zeppelin.

Posted Image
Life's only souvenir is the love we have for each other.

#8 SaiOdin

SaiOdin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

Has anyone heard Dark Chest of Wonders by Nightwish, i think it falls under the category of both Dark and Amazing. :)

#9 The Old Crone

The Old Crone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:02 PM

I listen to some prog, and when I want some "peaceful stuff" I will throw on some Blackmore's Nights, but am a symphonic metal/speed metal chic basically, at heart. Some favorites are-Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Stratovarius, Angra, Helloween, Galloglass, Kamelot, etc..to name just a few. I love Nightwish, but with Tarja-Wishmaster was unbelievable and I have never found anything like it since! This doesn't mean that I don't love my Nat King Cole, Johny Mathis, And Tom Jones. Strange, I know from a metal head, but, whadda ya gonna do.

#10 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

I think my age is showing ... I recognize nearly none of what y'all are talking about! Personally my favorite "group" is the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields - especially if Sir Neville Mariner is conducting.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#11 sarasuperid

sarasuperid

Wild Witch of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

I think VNV Nation is quite inspiring, if you go for industrial music.
"A Craft, a calling, a set of Keys to unlock a particular cosmology that is borne, and born, in the blood of the practitioner, and sets the Work to be done with which one may commune with those who hold the patterns and keys of the life of the practitioner and hir stream. The Work is to be done, and we are to do it." --Aiseling the Bard

#12 SaiOdin

SaiOdin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

http://ca.youtube.co...h?v=zsGd5IrC97o Heres the song i was talking about. I wish i could find the actual music video though, its really good.

#13 Frankie

Frankie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

Yeah, I've heard that song. Its awesome. I've always been a metal head at heart but I do like all kinds of music...from Lil Wayne all the way to Beethoven!!

#14 BlackAngel

BlackAngel

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:25 PM

I love Type O Negative..... wierd i know but i think the singer is so cool!

#15 BlackAngel

BlackAngel

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

forgot to say i also love inkubus sukkabus..lol

#16 Frankie

Frankie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, Type O Negative is great. I especially love the song Wolf Moon....it's awesome!

#17 Guest_nick_*

Guest_nick_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:30 AM

I just finished reading an old thread about "witchy" music. I saw that most of you that posted are really into the celtic, Loreena, Enya type music...which incidently, I love. My question is....do any of you enjoy dark, gothic type music? My absolute favorite is...ahem....Cradle of filth!!! My husband thinks I'm nuts, but thats cool with me! I also enjoy Leaves eyes and Tristania, to name a couple. Anyone out there with the same musical tastes?

:hug: YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!!!!!!!
I dont mean anything dissrespectfull, but if your hubby ever leaves you IM SINGLE!lol
:loveeyes:I LOVE CRADLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:46 AM

Cradle of Filth are awesome, i like Evanescence which can be dark at times, Lacuna Coil, My chemical romance, 30 Seconds to Mars, NIN, Within Temptation, Seether, Slipknot, Drowning Pool, Stone sour,Smashing Pumpkins....well i guess i'm on the lighter side of dark. I like stuff i can sing to, don't really like a lot of the screaming that happens in death metal though...
I make the path - Alice from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

#19 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:42 AM

i just finished reading an old thread about "witchy" music. I saw that most of you that posted are really into the celtic, loreena, enya type music...which incidently, i love. My question is....do any of you enjoy dark, gothic type music? My absolute favorite is...ahem....cradle of filth!!! My husband thinks i'm nuts, but thats cool with me! I also enjoy leaves eyes and tristania, to name a couple. Anyone out there with the same musical tastes?

hell yes!!!!!

#20 Kiara

Kiara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

I love Nightwish, but with Tarja-Wishmaster was unbelievable and I have never found anything like it since.

Very true.

I listen to "gothic rock" mostly alone when I'm driving. My kids don't like it too much. Usually it is Nightwish.