Photo
- - - - -

Progress!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:01 PM

hi everyone,

I think I've been on the forum for about 2 months (?) and so I just wanted to say how things have changed for me since joining, and working more with traditional craft. Let me know if you think im wrong on anything, because i’ve not been long at it ... !

:embarrased: ... here goes...

Witch is within. whatever you do outside of yourself is extra, additional, and perhaps whilst it works well for some, it’s not necessary. I’d always suspected this; but I think the work I’ve been doing recently and the discussions with everyone on here has confirmed it for me!

I have found that I have become more ‘in tune’ with our ancestors, and the earth beneath me. I have worked with a few methods of raising earth/ancestral power using a method someone recently showed me, and it is a quiet, solitary, slow, powerful, way of raising and directing that energy in contrast to, for instance, a wiccan cone of power - (similar to the difference between cooking a yummy roast for 4 hours (with stuffing and all the trims!) and just putting a ready meal in the microwave for 60 seconds!!)

Trads are down to earth. Thank god/s(?!)

On that point, witchcraft is not a religion. It’s a craft, art, way of life, a belief. It can be paired with religion, as I do, but this is not necessary nor does it make any difference to the effectiveness of magic.

Whilst the term ‘traditional craft’ gives the impression of a single ‘tradition’ this isn’t strictly true. Everyone has their own ways of working, and even hereditary ‘traditions’ can change from generation to generation.

To work with traditional craft it helps to first change your 'world-view'. For instance, the issues of ethics, karma, sin (etc etc) are perhaps things which have been introduced to our society by other religions/belief systems/cultures, and as such are not necessarily an influence for people working with trad craft.

Trads tend to have a good sense of humour and don’t take anything too seriously. I like this. No great high poo-bahs!!!

There is a sense of continuous learning, mysteries unfolding through personal experiences, rather than being lead by something you have read in a book, and rather than ‘now you have this degree you know it all’. I know a few people who have become High Poo-Bahs through the usual medium, and that doesn’t mean anything. Noone knows everything!

It is giving me a greater connection to my native land (i.e. Britain/Europe). I know that not everyone on this forum are British, and I don’t mean it like that. I mean that for me this is a journey of moving away from ‘jack of all trades’ and becoming 'master of one'. In terms of the origins of my craft, initiatory craft was a great journey through the cultures of the world for me, but im ready to come home now..!

Whilst bookishness knowledge is not important in trad craft, the odd expensive chumberly grimoire is always on the wish list..!! (especially mine….)

Thanks to everyone for making this forum great, it’s really fresh and fun for me!!! viks

:witch_bounce:

Edited by owlblink, 19 January 2009 - 01:11 PM.

Do not do what you desire - do what is necessary

#2 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

:banana:Good one.

#3 lurcher

lurcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

Perfect. Almost what I'd have written myself about eight years ago. Except I couldn't have put it so well.

Brian

#4 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

What you've written at the beginning of this post makes total sense to me.. you've summarised it nicely!

I have found that I have become more Ďin tuneí with our ancestors, and the earth beneath me. I have worked with a few methods of raising earth/ancestral power using a method someone recently showed me, and it is a quiet, solitary, slow, powerful, way of raising and directing that energy in contrast to, for instance, a wiccan cone of power - (similar to the difference between cooking a yummy roast for 4 hours (with stuffing and all the trims!) and just putting a ready meal in the microwave for 60 seconds!!)

Btw.. if you feel like enlarging upon the above statement (perhaps in a different thread) I'd be really interested in what you have to say. That's obviously your choice tho :witch2: so hope you don't mind me suggesting it :D

Amber xxx

"Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Every natural fact is a symbol of some spiritual fact." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

#5 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:15 AM

Couldn't have said it better Owl - lovely words :D
I make the path - Alice from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

#6 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

i will do...have to wait until tonight to type it though - the boss is around!!!!!!

Btw.. if you feel like enlarging upon the above statement (perhaps in a different thread) I'd be really interested in what you have to say. That's obviously your choice tho :witch2: so hope you don't mind me suggesting it :D

#7 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hi Amber, my boss has gone home now (phew) so here it is..!

I was given the initial idea for this by a friend of a friend. I merged it together with a few things that I had made up on the spot!

So this is what I was told Ö its purpose is to raise ancestral power within the person rather than outside of them - to join the ancestral energy of the earth with the person, and visa versa. Some people describe the earthís energy as serpent energy, this is how I tend to see it nowadays, and also how this method was described to me.

Its actually very easy in practice, itís a slowing of the breath, and then bringing about a feeling like you are sinking into the earth. When you get that right, you then bring that serpentine-like earth energy up within yourself and allow the ancestral energy to merge with you for a time. (ooh, tingley!)

When Iíve done this, it hasnít felt like any raising of energy Iíve ever done before Ė it sort of feels like my body is full of this greeny-bluey really thick energy. I suppose you then send that energy off towards what you are working for, but I havenít got that far yet. Iíve always done this outdoors (we have a tumuli near us, which I sit on or near) or indoors at the altar.

Recently, Iíve added using bones with this. I found some deer bones (at least I think thatís what they are!) and it seemed natural to tap them together which makes for a really excellent noise and a way to get into a trance state. It was only in the last few days when reading an artisson book that I found out he calls working with ancestral spirits Ďtapping the boneí (!!!)

It seems much, much, stronger than other ways of raising power (such as the cone of power, which although can create some good energy seems to me like it has a very short term effect). Also, this method has been something Iíve had to develop (and still am!!) so I think perhaps that also makes it a much stronger and worthwhile way of working??

What you've written at the beginning of this post makes total sense to me.. you've summarised it nicely! Btw.. if you feel like enlarging upon the above statement (perhaps in a different thread) I'd be really interested in what you have to say. That's obviously your choice tho so hope you don't mind me suggesting it

#8 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

This is awakening your kundelini and bringing the kundelini energy up through your chakras. It is a very powerful way to heal especially if you also bring energy in from above as well. Careful though, it can set you off that you feel like you want to climax ... ...
Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#9 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

wooo! :naughty:

This is awakening your kundelini and bringing the kundelini energy up through your chakras. It is a very powerful way to heal especially if you also bring energy in from above as well. Careful though, it can set you off that you feel like you want to climax ... ...

#10 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

i have consulted with the 'mighty google'. So its an eastern method then...? or is it just an eastern term, i.e. - are similar methods found elsewhere outside of eastern belief systems? im not sure what the bone bit was all about though - but seems tp work! Viks x

Edited by owlblink, 20 January 2009 - 07:24 PM.

#11 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

This happened to me about 6 years ago... went into a deep meditation and got the feeling that the energy was 'different'.. and yes... it felt like that too!

Right.. I'm off to find a tumuli (grabs coat and torch) :flyaway:

Amber xxx

#12 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

Hi Amber, my boss has gone home now (phew) so here it is..!

I was given the initial idea for this by a friend of a friend. I merged it together with a few things that I had made up on the spot!

So this is what I was told Ö its purpose is to raise ancestral power within the person rather than outside of them - to join the ancestral energy of the earth with the person, and visa versa. Some people describe the earthís energy as serpent energy, this is how I tend to see it nowadays, and also how this method was described to me.

Its actually very easy in practice, itís a slowing of the breath, and then bringing about a feeling like you are sinking into the earth. When you get that right, you then bring that serpentine-like earth energy up within yourself and allow the ancestral energy to merge with you for a time. (ooh, tingley!)

When Iíve done this, it hasnít felt like any raising of energy Iíve ever done before Ė it sort of feels like my body is full of this greeny-bluey really thick energy. I suppose you then send that energy off towards what you are working for, but I havenít got that far yet. Iíve always done this outdoors (we have a tumuli near us, which I sit on or near) or indoors at the altar.

Recently, Iíve added using bones with this. I found some deer bones (at least I think thatís what they are!) and it seemed natural to tap them together which makes for a really excellent noise and a way to get into a trance state. It was only in the last few days when reading an artisson book that I found out he calls working with ancestral spirits Ďtapping the boneí (!!!)

It seems much, much, stronger than other ways of raising power (such as the cone of power, which although can create some good energy seems to me like it has a very short term effect). Also, this method has been something Iíve had to develop (and still am!!) so I think perhaps that also makes it a much stronger and worthwhile way of working??

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply (and risking the wrath of the boss LOL)... it sounds great. :)

Amber xxx