Religulous

circelilith

Partner and I watched this film last night. It was Absolutely FANTASTIC!

This movie was very much passed over and hushed up due to its inflammatory nature. It looks at the Christian religion and asks the questions we all ask about christianity.

Bill maher looks at the Christian religion from an athiests point of view. I love how unlike so many documentaries he looks at religion from the point of view of " we dont know for certain so how can you be certain that there is a heaven or hell ?"

For anyone who loves a good doco, and would like so see some good debating on the suject ( not to mention a lot of cringe moments, confusion and stupidity) then this is the movie for you! For all those times that the door to door preachers come to the door and u wish u could ask them the hard questions and watch them stumble in answering, Bill maher does this for you!

i give it 5 out of 5 :D

Have not even heard of this. It could be because I reside in the edge of the so called bible belt here in the states. I can see people burning their televisions if it was as interesting as you say. is it a documentary or movie or what(what title) I would like to see it.

Yesterday while at grocery I got cornered by a fundie wanting a donation for her church. Very aggressive and very hateful every time because I won't donate. I have seen her there several times before, never anyone but her. No idea what church, she sets up a table and collects donations, never seen the name of her church or any printed material on her table. I have wondered if she is scamming people or what.

I just happened to have a triple circle pentagram in silver and black onyx on beneath my shirt (Almost always there but always out of sight , only one or two friends know its there.). I pulled it out and held it up about two feet in front her without saying a word. The bitch almost fell over her chair backing up. She didn't say another word and so far no crowds waving torches and pitchforks have shown up at the front door. But it is a three day weekend and this is only the first day.

She didn't say another word and so far no crowds waving torches and pitchforks have not shown up at the front door. But it is a three day weekend and this is only the first day.

:laugh1:

Yeah I heard about that movie a while ago and wanted to see it and then i never heard anything more about it so I guess it was just trying to be hushed up a little.

It looked great, one of those documentaries where you almost feel awkward watching people search for an answer to some of his questions.

Have not even heard of this. It could be because I reside in the edge of the so called bible belt here in the states. I can see people burning their televisions if it was as interesting as you say. is it a documentary or movie or what(what title) I would like to see it.

Runewriter, Check out these links for more information on the movie. As you will see Amazon is taking pre-orders for the DVD release. :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0815241/

http://www.amazon.com/Religulous-Bill-Maher/dp/B001MFNB5I/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/186-3864815-9939053?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1232288208&sr=8-1

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Religulous&search_type=&aq=f

Appreciate the links. Looks very interesting.

Not that I would ever suggest file sharing,but, it does just happen the movie is listed on Pirate's Bay. There you can download it for free as a torrent to watch on puter or your dvd player.

I just happened to have a triple circle pentagram in silver and black onyx on beneath my shirt (Almost always there but always out of sight , only one or two friends know its there.). I pulled it out and held it up about two feet in front her without saying a word. The bitch almost fell over her chair backing up. She didn't say another word and so far no crowds waving torches and pitchforks have not shown up at the front door. But it is a three day weekend and this is only the first day.

:roflhard: That is rich!! What a great response to the "gimme gimme lady"!

Yesterday while at grocery I got cornered by a fundie wanting a donation for her church. Very aggressive and very hateful every time because I won't donate. I have seen her there several times before, never anyone but her. No idea what church, she sets up a table and collects donations, never seen the name of her church or any printed material on her table. I have wondered if she is scamming people or what.

I just happened to have a triple circle pentagram in silver and black onyx on beneath my shirt (Almost always there but always out of sight , only one or two friends know its there.). I pulled it out and held it up about two feet in front her without saying a word. The bitch almost fell over her chair backing up. She didn't say another word and so far no crowds waving torches and pitchforks have not shown up at the front door. But it is a three day weekend and this is only the first day.

lmao! Thats funny as. Oh to have been there to see her face!

I just watched the movie. It had its funny parts where I laughed out loud. But it did have some realities that are more than a bit hairy. The fundies,whatever fanatical path they choose, are seeking their salvation to the point of self destruction. I have heard the xtians and the moslems both wishing for the end of the world. I can only shake my head in disbelief and hope they never achieve their goal. It appears the spirit of Jim Jones is alive and stronger than ever.

I just watched the movie. It had its funny parts where I laughed out loud. But it did have some realities that are more than a bit hairy. The fundies,whatever fanatical path they choose, are seeking their salvation to the point of self destruction. I have heard the xtians and the moslems both wishing for the end of the world. I can only shake my head in disbelief and hope they never achieve their goal. It appears the spirit of Jim Jones is alive and stronger than ever.

Slightly unnerving isnt it ? sends shivers down my spine at the thought.

• 1 month later...

I watched it last night. Some parts where funny, other parts where very real. You guys in the UK and other parts of the world that are not familiar with how some of the churches are over here now have a glimpse of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched it. As others have said, funny in parts but ...

He could've REALLY done something here instead of just skimming the surface. For example, when he's arguing with some of the Muslims and Christians, he could've quoted chapter & verse. (I've found this VERY effective when arguing with the fundies - many times if you cite chapter & verse they get a blank look on their face.)

Hell, he had cheat cards, anyways.

Glad I only did pay-per-view. Not something I'd spend the bucks for a DVD.

Just watched it. As others have said, funny in parts but ...

He could've REALLY done something here instead of just skimming the surface. For example, when he's arguing with some of the Muslims and Christians, he could've quoted chapter & verse. (I've found this VERY effective when arguing with the fundies - many times if you cite chapter & verse they get a blank look on their face.)

Oh yeah....would have totally been SO much better had he done that! I totally know what you mean MW! And yeah, no need to own it. Once you've seen it...yer good. lol

yeah its a good film to see once, but i dont feel the need to see it again. I was lucky to have been given a copy, so i just pass it on to others who are interested in seeing it ^^

Archived