• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 Lexi

Lexi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:58 AM

People often think that Empaths care about people, which is true to an extent, but when you truly feel all human emotion, you really get kinda sick and tired of other people very quickly.

LOL. Ditto. This is probably the reason I'm such a recluse. I have healing ability, but I usually only use it to help out family and close friends.

Otherwise, for some reason, I tend to attract all the Negative Nancys in the world, and they're exhausting. T_T

Edited by Ilexys Morighanan, 28 June 2011 - 07:01 AM.

Lexi [Ilexys Morighannan]

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
- Roald Dahl

#42 Oakbuchanan

Oakbuchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

I have totally no empathy, and am totally not empathic.

Keep on bringing out that shadow girl ;)

I am too an empath or should that be empathic?... In fact in can be a pain in the ass ..

It's also gets embarrasing sometimes.. I can be sat watching a film with family or friends and suddenly a tears rolling down my face, thankfully most times when that happens their far too busy stuffing their faces with Nacho's or Pringles too even notice lol...

#43 ejfinch

ejfinch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Yes! This is one of many reasons I'm such a recluse. Being around people is just plain exhausting and it makes me very cranky, especially when they decide I look approachable and want to dump everything troubling them onto me. I just don't want to deal with it!

This describes me perfectly, too, Freki. I'm glad it's not just me-I was starting to think that I was pre-maturely turning into the stereotypical grumpy, hermity, old person! lol

#44 8people

8people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

To be honest, if you consider the most average person you know, then consider half the population is less intelligent than that person. Then consider most the population thinks they are more intelligent than that average person.

It explains why so many people are tiring to be around! ;)

#45 Gramayr

Gramayr

'Mysterio'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

You know, looking back and remembering folks wanting to spill their life stories to me or coming up to me in the pub years ago and telling me their problems and me thinking 'will you please just f-off and leave me alone..' lol
Also as Jevne mentions " I have zero patience, even less tolerance, " ditto, can't suffer fools. If someone does something stupid or winds me up I give them 'my mother's look' as my other half calls it, I've been told by several people it's an evil look (and I even made someone cry with it once).
My work mate is depressed (recovered from cancer but has been feeling crap lately with his meds etc) and muggins here ends up coming home feeling the same so I'm now trying to block it out. I'm not a strong empath by any means but I can pick a few things up. Oh and I sometimes cry when watching some films as well but I generally hide it lol

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." - Albert Einstein

#46 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

Oh I can relate to this in a big bad way. Try being a Flight Attendant for 20 years, with all sorts of two legged walks of life's. Every body in the world told me their problems, their secrets, UGH ! After a 4 day trip from Hell, I couldn't even go to the grocery store, too many damn people too much noise. The only thing I wanted to hear, when I got home, was the ice cubes clinking about in my well deserved large glass of Brandy. I haven't taken this " test " so I don't know where I'd fall as and Empath. lol !

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#47 Guest_Elfyd_*

Guest_Elfyd_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:02 AM

This is a much better quiz as it tells you what kind of empath you are:
http://quizfarm.com/...empath-are-you/

This is my result:
You Scored as Precog
You are a Precog Empath. You are a visionary & a human thermostat. You can predict outcomes and see where paths may lead. You are a good scout and a guide to others. Be careful of your dreams. Your sight penetrates the veil that hides the truth from mankind

Thanks for this Sandy, I decided to play along with this and do my own test.
SHAMAN 90%
JUDGE 90%
PRECOG 85%
UNIVERSAL 85%
TRAVELLER 80%
HEALER 80%
ARTIST 80%
FALLEN ANGEL 50%

Judge Empath who is a Truthsayer, do not know the ramifications of these results or footnotes, interesting though.
FFFF
Elf

#48 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

Just took this and it asked me to do a tie-breaker question. lol All three answers were appropriate, but I could only choose one. According to this quiz I fit into 4 categories equally. (Don't know that I'm actually an empath though, just took this for fun.)

You Scored as TravelerYou are a Traveler Empath, you come from a time & place far removed from here. You are an innocent, in search of your own kin and have a difficult time understanding this world. You are lost & only want to find your way back home. You bring unique gifts to this world and share them with a loving heart. Although very misunderstood, you are also very forgiving. (from the "Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Precog 95%
Shaman
95%
Traveler 95%

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#49 Guest_Elfyd_*

Guest_Elfyd_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

Just took this and it asked me to do a tie-breaker question. lol All three answers were appropriate, but I could only choose one. According to this quiz I fit into 4 categories equally. (Don't know that I'm actually an empath though, just took this for fun.)

You Scored as TravelerYou are a Traveler Empath, you come from a time & place far removed from here. You are an innocent, in search of your own kin and have a difficult time understanding this world. You are lost & only want to find your way back home. You bring unique gifts to this world and share them with a loving heart. Although very misunderstood, you are also very forgiving. (from the "Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Precog 95%
Shaman
95%
Traveler 95%

Interesting link, lots of detail.

I like to pay along with the fun side of this subject, the serious side takes precedence though.

I still feel we all have at least a little empath in all of us but i bow to those who have truly shown their mastery and application of same.

FFFF
Elf

#50 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

You Scored as JudgeYou are a Judge Empath, one who is a "truthsayer". You can tell truth from lies, good from evil. You do not tolerate wrong doing. You are a defender of the good and the innocent. You are kind and merciful but do not play foolish games. (from "The Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Artist100%

Judge100%

Universal90%

Traveler85%

Healer80%

Shaman80%

Precog75%

Fallen Angel60%

#51 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

Pretty silly really! :)

Shaman
95%

Precog85%
Healer85%
Judge80%
Artist80%
Fallen Angel60%
Universal55%
Traveler55%

You Scored as ShamanPosted ImagePosted ImageYou are a Shamanic Empath. You are at one with nature and can speak with animal/plant life. Your powers come from the Sun & the Moon, and the elements. The weather moves with your mind and all of nature is at your beck and call.

Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#52 Anara

Anara

aspire beyond fear of death (Bhairavi)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:33 PM

me too, Brigid...lol

You Scored as Shaman. You are a Shamanic Empath. You are at one with nature and can speak with animal/plant life. Your powers come from the Sun & the Moon, and the elements. The weather moves with your mind and all of nature is at your beck and call. (from The Book of Storms by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Shaman 90%
Fallen Angel 85%
Artist 85%
Universal 85%
Healer 75%
Judge 70%
Precog 70%
Traveler 65%

cool quiz... thanks for bumping, Whiterose :)

~Ruby

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#53 Brigid

Brigid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

me too, Brigid...lol

You Scored as Shaman. You are a Shamanic Empath. You are at one with nature and can speak with animal/plant life. Your powers come from the Sun & the Moon, and the elements. The weather moves with your mind and all of nature is at your beck and call. (from The Book of Storms by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Shaman 90%
Fallen Angel 85%
Artist 85%
Universal 85%
Healer 75%
Judge 70%
Precog 70%
Traveler 65%

cool quiz... thanks for bumping, Whiterose :)

~Ruby

Did you know that you had Mother Nature by the balls?? I certainly didn't!! Posted Image

Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#54 Anara

Anara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

Did you know that you had Mother Nature by the balls?? I certainly didn't!! Posted Image

LMAO!!

I was more surprised to hear that Mother Nature had a set...lolol he he :laugh1:

but, nope, I can honestly say, I did not know! Learn something new every day...lol

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#55 Brigid

Brigid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:05 PM

LMAO!!

I was more surprised to hear that Mother Nature had a set...lolol he he :laugh1:

but, nope, I can honestly say, I did not know! Learn something new every day...lol

Posted ImageLOL

#56 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

An interesting quiz..

You Scored as UniversalYou are a Universal Empath, you possess all the qualities of the other seven empath groups. You are what is known as an "Implicate" or Imp, a product of evolutionary design and genetic mutation. You are a psychic hybrid. (from "The Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Precog = 100%
Universal = 100%
Healer = 100%
Judge = 100%
Artist = 100%
Shaman = 100%
Traveler = 90%
Fallen Angel = 90%

Edited by Lucea's Child, 21 October 2011 - 02:45 PM.

“One doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

— Andre Gide

#57 Anara

Anara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

An interesting quiz..

You Scored as UniversalYou are a Universal Empath, you possess all the qualities of the other seven empath groups. You are what is known as an "Implicate" or Imp, a product of evolutionary design and genetic mutation. You are a psychic hybrid. (from "The Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

That's pretty bad a** Lucea! Go ahead with your bad self! :cool_witch:

~Anara :)

Edited by Anara, 21 October 2011 - 05:56 PM.

#58 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

That's pretty bad a** Lucea! Go ahead with your bad self! :cool_witch:

~Anara :)

Yeah, I guess it's not a bad score for a genetic mutation... LOL

;P

~ LC

“One doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

— Andre Gide

#59 Anara

Anara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

Yeah, I guess it's not a bad score for a genetic mutation... LOL

;P

~ LC

LOL...oh geez... :lolol:

#60 meg

meg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

thanks for this quiz. i had a tie breaker between precog and healer.
Meg

It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewere, would much rather you weren't doing. Terry Pratchett