Sign in to follow this  
circelilith

Empaths and HSP

Hey everyone sorry its been so long...life seems to be so much more hectic with Rowan now ^^

Anyway there were a lot of posts a few months ago about Empaths and Empathetic abilities. I found this info while browsing and found it really helpful for helping find ways of helping those who are empath,manage these abilities and help lessen the emotional draining etc.

http://healing.about.com/od/empathic/a/hsp.htm

Not sure if all the info will help but its an interesting read and food for thought. Hope it helps some ppl:wickedwitch:

Circe

I just took the test and got 90% - :omg2: I learnt long ago to ground myself and protect myself too. I used to massage clients and feel their emotions/symptoms, like nausea or headaches/upsets etc.

The most interesting one was a reflexology session when all I could 'see' was a specific credit card in my mind (an unusual looking one).. it kept coming into my head over and over, floating around in front of my third eye.

In the end, I chatted to the client and I told her what I saw (she was asking me if I'd picked anything up from her (meaning pains etc) - so she was unprepared for my answer!)... anyway... it turned out that prior to her appointment, she'd gone on a mad shopping spree in retaliation for an argument with her husband that morning and taken his credit card, which he'd forbidden. She got the card out of her purse and there it was, the posh, unusual credit card that I'd never seen before.

She said she'd spent the whole hour lying there on my couch, thinking about what she'd spent his money on and trying to decided whether she felt guilty or not. :stars: We had a bit of a giggle about it - and as far as I know, he didn't wring her neck. :ghost:

This is a much better quiz as it tells you what kind of empath you are:

http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/Pangelic/what-kind-of-empath-are-you/

This is my result:

You Scored as Precog

You are a Precog Empath. You are a visionary & a human thermostat. You can predict outcomes and see where paths may lead. You are a good scout and a guide to others. Be careful of your dreams. Your sight penetrates the veil that hides the truth from mankind

Here's mine:

You are a Healer Empath. You take in the energy of others and transmute it. You trigger transformation in others and free trapped energy. You are capable of great healing abilities. You walk between the worlds and bring waves of healing energy with your presence.

You Scored as Healer empath.

I have to be very careful when I am healing as it can really drain me, I've had migraines after some sessions.

I have been lucky to have had a good teacher who taught me how to protect and ground myself.

Edited by spinneyhex

Here is mine:

You Scored as Shaman

You are a Shamanic Empath. You are at one with nature and can speak with animal/plant life. Your powers come from the Sun & the Moon, and the elements. The weather moves with your mind and all of nature is at your beck and call. (from The Book of Storms by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Shaman

100%

Precog

95%

Traveler

95%

Healer

95%

Fallen Angel

90%

Artist

90%

Universal

90%

Judge

85%

You Scored as a : Shaman Shaman 100% Precog 95% Traveler 95% Healer 95% Fallen Angel 90% Artist 90% Universal 90% Judge 85%

And Mine

You Scored as Judge

You are a Judge Empath, one who is a "truthsayer". You can tell truth from lies, good from evil. You do not tolerate wrong doing. You are a defender of the good and the innocent. You are kind and merciful but do not play foolish games. (from "The Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Judge100%Fallen Angel90%Healer80%Artist75%Precog75%Shaman70%Traveler70%Universal65%

Guest Oakbuchanan

Heres what I got:

You Scored as Shaman

You are a Shamanic Empath. You are at one with nature and can speak with animal/plant life. Your powers come from the Sun & the Moon, and the elements. The weather moves with your mind and all of nature is at your beck and call.

Ohhh I just tried this:

You Scored as Shaman You are a Shamanic Empath. You are at one with nature and can speak with animal/plant life. Your powers come from the Sun & the Moon, and the elements. The weather moves with your mind and all of nature is at your beck and call. (from The Book of Storms by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Shaman85%

Precog80%

Judge80%

Healer75%

Artist70%

Universal60%

Fallen Angel40%

Traveler30%

Guest Landieth

I am an HSP, but I found this out through talking with my doctor. It's a lot of trouble. It's beyond empathy and energies at times too-- sitting on the floor and feeling the grooves in the carpet as you're feeling the breezes in the air to the strong scents in the air.. everything piled up one after another gets extremely overwhelming.

I'd like to add some tips for anyone else who deals with this-

Find a focal point on yourself to distract your awareness.

Cologne/Perfume can be your best ally.

Stand infront of a mirror and figure out what draws less attention when reacting to your surroundings/and or energy.

:)

I still have trouble with these a lot but they help GREATLY.

Guest Rebie

Mine says I am judge, but my score for shaman and judge were both 95%

I must admit that I am more of a judge.

Rebie

Thanks for the link sandy

i got PRECOG too.

Precog100%Fallen Angel90%Universal85%Judge85%Healer80%Traveler75%Shaman70%Artist65%

Shamanic empth.....socres almost identical as Anjels!!!! No wonder we both are becoming hermits!!!! LOL

Shamanic empth.....socres almost identical as Anjels!!!! No wonder we both are becoming hermits!!!! LOL

LOL! yup...

Ya know, if you do it again, you'll get a whole different answer....2nd time was fallen anjel. WTF...oh well!! Must mean I need to get some sleep!!

And Mine

You Scored as Judge

You are a Judge Empath, one who is a "truthsayer". You can tell truth from lies, good from evil. You do not tolerate wrong doing. You are a defender of the good and the innocent. You are kind and merciful but do not play foolish games. (from "The Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Judge100%Fallen Angel90%Healer80%Artist75%Precog75%Shaman70%Traveler70%Universal65%

I'm a JUDGE, too.

Judge

80% Healer

75% Artist

70% Fallen Angel

70% Universal

65% Shaman

65% Precog

65% Traveler

60%

Ya know, if you do it again, you'll get a whole different answer....2nd time was fallen anjel. WTF...oh well!! Must mean I need to get some sleep!!

Nope...mine came out the same for the most part! LOL!

You Scored as Shaman

You are a Shamanic Empath. You are at one with nature and can speak with animal/plant life. Your powers come from the Sun & the Moon, and the elements. The weather moves with your mind and all of nature is at your beck and call. (from The Book of Storms by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Shaman

100%

Traveler

95%

Precog

95%

Healer

95%

Universal

90%

Judge

90%

Artist

90%

Fallen Angel

90%

You Scored as a : Shaman Shaman 100% Traveler 95% Precog 95% Healer 95% Universal 90% Judge 90% Artist 90% Fallen Angel 90%

I got:

You Scored as Healer

You are a Healer Empath. You take in the energy of others and transmute it. You trigger transformation in others and free trapped energy. You are capable of great healing abilities. You walk between the worlds and bring waves of healing energy with your presence.

Healer100%

Fallen Angel95%

Shaman95%

Traveler95%

Universal85%

Judge85%

Precog85%

Artist75%

Sapphire

I just tried this:

You Scored as ShamanYou are a Shamanic Empath. You are at one with nature and can speak with animal/plant life. Your powers come from the Sun & the Moon, and the elements. The weather moves with your mind and all of nature is at your beck and call. (from The Book of Storms by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Shaman 90%, Universal 85%. Judge 85%. Artist 85%. Healer 80%, Fallen Angel 75%, Precog 70%, Traveler 70%

You Scored as Artist

You are an Artist Empath, one who creates their own reality and infuses the realities of others with your energy & emotions. You are poetic and sensitive. You turn your feelings into creations and share them with the world. Everything you touch turns to song and is freed by the color of your eyes. Your spirit dances with the winds and paints delight in the evening sky.

Thanks for the link sandy

i got PRECOG too.

Precog100%Fallen Angel90%Universal85%Judge85%Healer80%Traveler75%Shaman70%Artist65%

Another precog here. How do we develop that?

Thanks Sandy, I never really fitted any of the conventional descriptions of an empath.

I Scored as Judge

You are a Judge Empath, one who is a "truthsayer". You can tell truth from lies, good from evil. You do not tolerate wrong doing. You are a defender of the good and the innocent. You are kind and merciful but do not play foolish games.

Judge............95%

Precog...........85%

Universal........80%

Traveler.........75%

Healer............75%

Shaman..........75%

Fallen Angel.....75%

Artist..............65%

:)

You are a Fallen Angel empath. You have not found your place in this world yet and wander as a lost soul. Your wings have been clipped but you know deep inside they will grow back. You need to fly free and proud. Fallen Angels are spiritual beings who were trapped by flesh, and are now seeking to spread their wings again.

Hmmmmm......

Sign in to follow this