77 replies to this topic

#1 circelilith

circelilith

Ode to no one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

Hey everyone sorry its been so long...life seems to be so much more hectic with Rowan now ^^

Anyway there were a lot of posts a few months ago about Empaths and Empathetic abilities. I found this info while browsing and found it really helpful for helping find ways of helping those who are empath,manage these abilities and help lessen the emotional draining etc.

http://healing.about...athic/a/hsp.htm

Not sure if all the info will help but its an interesting read and food for thought. Hope it helps some ppl:wickedwitch:

Circe

"My church is not of silver and gold,
Its glory lies beyond judgement of souls
The commandments are of consolation & warmth
You know our sacred dream won't fail
The sanctury tender and so frail
The sacrament of love
The sacrament of warmth is true
The sacrament is you"
H.I.M

#2 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

I just took the test and got 90% - :omg2: I learnt long ago to ground myself and protect myself too. I used to massage clients and feel their emotions/symptoms, like nausea or headaches/upsets etc.

The most interesting one was a reflexology session when all I could 'see' was a specific credit card in my mind (an unusual looking one).. it kept coming into my head over and over, floating around in front of my third eye.

In the end, I chatted to the client and I told her what I saw (she was asking me if I'd picked anything up from her (meaning pains etc) - so she was unprepared for my answer!)... anyway... it turned out that prior to her appointment, she'd gone on a mad shopping spree in retaliation for an argument with her husband that morning and taken his credit card, which he'd forbidden. She got the card out of her purse and there it was, the posh, unusual credit card that I'd never seen before.

She said she'd spent the whole hour lying there on my couch, thinking about what she'd spent his money on and trying to decided whether she felt guilty or not. :stars: We had a bit of a giggle about it - and as far as I know, he didn't wring her neck. :ghost:

Amber xxx

"Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Every natural fact is a symbol of some spiritual fact." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

#3 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

This is a much better quiz as it tells you what kind of empath you are:
http://quizfarm.com/...empath-are-you/

This is my result:
You Scored as Precog
You are a Precog Empath. You are a visionary & a human thermostat. You can predict outcomes and see where paths may lead. You are a good scout and a guide to others. Be careful of your dreams. Your sight penetrates the veil that hides the truth from mankind

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#4 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

Here's mine:

You are a Healer Empath. You take in the energy of others and transmute it. You trigger transformation in others and free trapped energy. You are capable of great healing abilities. You walk between the worlds and bring waves of healing energy with your presence.

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#5 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

You Scored as Healer empath.
I have to be very careful when I am healing as it can really drain me, I've had migraines after some sessions.
I have been lucky to have had a good teacher who taught me how to protect and ground myself.

Edited by spinneyhex, 12 January 2009 - 03:19 PM.

#6 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

Here is mine:

You Scored as Shaman

You are a Shamanic Empath. You are at one with nature and can speak with animal/plant life. Your powers come from the Sun & the Moon, and the elements. The weather moves with your mind and all of nature is at your beck and call. (from The Book of Storms by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Shaman
100%
Precog
95%
Traveler
95%
Healer
95%
Fallen Angel
90%
Artist
90%
Universal
90%
Judge
85%

You Scored as a : Shaman Shaman 100% Precog 95% Traveler 95% Healer 95% Fallen Angel 90% Artist 90% Universal 90% Judge 85%

#7 Rowan's Light

Rowan's Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

And Mine

You Scored as Judge
You are a Judge Empath, one who is a "truthsayer". You can tell truth from lies, good from evil. You do not tolerate wrong doing. You are a defender of the good and the innocent. You are kind and merciful but do not play foolish games. (from "The Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Judge100%Fallen Angel90%Healer80%Artist75%Precog75%Shaman70%Traveler70%Universal65%

#8 Guest_Oakbuchanan_*

Guest_Oakbuchanan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:30 PM

Heres what I got:

You Scored as Shaman

You are a Shamanic Empath. You are at one with nature and can speak with animal/plant life. Your powers come from the Sun & the Moon, and the elements. The weather moves with your mind and all of nature is at your beck and call.

#9 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:30 PM

Ohhh I just tried this:

You Scored as Shaman You are a Shamanic Empath. You are at one with nature and can speak with animal/plant life. Your powers come from the Sun & the Moon, and the elements. The weather moves with your mind and all of nature is at your beck and call. (from The Book of Storms by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Shaman85%
Precog80%
Judge80%
Healer75%
Artist70%
Universal60%
Fallen Angel40%
Traveler30%

Amber xxx

"Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Every natural fact is a symbol of some spiritual fact." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

#10 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

I am an HSP, but I found this out through talking with my doctor. It's a lot of trouble. It's beyond empathy and energies at times too-- sitting on the floor and feeling the grooves in the carpet as you're feeling the breezes in the air to the strong scents in the air.. everything piled up one after another gets extremely overwhelming.

I'd like to add some tips for anyone else who deals with this-

Find a focal point on yourself to distract your awareness.

Cologne/Perfume can be your best ally.

Stand infront of a mirror and figure out what draws less attention when reacting to your surroundings/and or energy.

:)

I still have trouble with these a lot but they help GREATLY.

#11 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

Mine says I am judge, but my score for shaman and judge were both 95%
I must admit that I am more of a judge.
Rebie

#12 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

You Scored as Healer

Healer85%
Judge80%
Shaman80%
Traveler75%
Universal75%
Fallen Angel65%
Precog55%
Artist55%

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#13 circelilith

circelilith

Ode to no one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for the link sandy

i got PRECOG too.

Precog100%Fallen Angel90%Universal85%Judge85%Healer80%Traveler75%Shaman70%Artist65%

"My church is not of silver and gold,
Its glory lies beyond judgement of souls
The commandments are of consolation & warmth
You know our sacred dream won't fail
The sanctury tender and so frail
The sacrament of love
The sacrament of warmth is true
The sacrament is you"
H.I.M

#14 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:14 AM

Shamanic empth.....socres almost identical as Anjels!!!! No wonder we both are becoming hermits!!!! LOL
Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#15 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:35 AM

Shamanic empth.....socres almost identical as Anjels!!!! No wonder we both are becoming hermits!!!! LOL

LOL! yup...

#16 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:57 AM

Ya know, if you do it again, you'll get a whole different answer....2nd time was fallen anjel. WTF...oh well!! Must mean I need to get some sleep!!
Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#17 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:35 AM

And Mine

You Scored as Judge
You are a Judge Empath, one who is a "truthsayer". You can tell truth from lies, good from evil. You do not tolerate wrong doing. You are a defender of the good and the innocent. You are kind and merciful but do not play foolish games. (from "The Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Judge100%Fallen Angel90%Healer80%Artist75%Precog75%Shaman70%Traveler70%Universal65%

I'm a JUDGE, too.

Judge
80% Healer
75% Artist
70% Fallen Angel
70% Universal
65% Shaman
65% Precog
65% Traveler
60%

#18 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:40 AM

Ya know, if you do it again, you'll get a whole different answer....2nd time was fallen anjel. WTF...oh well!! Must mean I need to get some sleep!!

Nope...mine came out the same for the most part! LOL!

You Scored as Shaman

You are a Shamanic Empath. You are at one with nature and can speak with animal/plant life. Your powers come from the Sun & the Moon, and the elements. The weather moves with your mind and all of nature is at your beck and call. (from The Book of Storms by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

Shaman
100%
Traveler
95%
Precog
95%
Healer
95%
Universal
90%
Judge
90%
Artist
90%
Fallen Angel
90%
You Scored as a : Shaman Shaman 100% Traveler 95% Precog 95% Healer 95% Universal 90% Judge 90% Artist 90% Fallen Angel 90%

#19 Rowan's Light

Rowan's Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only Judge :witch2:

I wonder what the fallen angel is since I got 90%

#20 SapphireMoon

SapphireMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

I got:

You Scored as Healer
You are a Healer Empath. You take in the energy of others and transmute it. You trigger transformation in others and free trapped energy. You are capable of great healing abilities. You walk between the worlds and bring waves of healing energy with your presence.

Healer100%
Fallen Angel95%
Shaman95%
Traveler95%
Universal85%
Judge85%
Precog85%
Artist75%

Sapphire

There might be alittle "dust" on the bottle but it gets sweeter w/ time.