Elvis Presley

Dark Phoenix

Hello all,

Now Im not sure if our friends across the pond are familiar with this great American icon and King of rock and roll, but many Americans believe to this day that Elvis Aron Presley did not die on August 16, 1977. I, myself, am included. There are too many questions and evidence that points to this man faking his death.

http://www.elviswanted.com/voting.html

http://www.elviswanted.com/reward.html

Those two links (the same site) hold just a few points leading to the point that Elvis is indeed alive. And if anyone is up for a good debate, Im set lol. My grandma was and still is a huge Elvis fan so she got me hooked on him and his life...she created another huge fan lol

Any opinions? *** I do wanna make it clear this is just my opinion and I respect other people's opinions so I'd appreciate if others would respect mine THANKS!!!***

Joe :cool_witch:

I'm in Australia, not sure if this is the other side of the pond you meant, or not. Yep we've heard of him. I remember the day they announced he died. Teacher at school was so upset.

I've always felt he wouldn't have stayed away from his daughter if he was alive and if he was, she certainly wouldn't have gone off the rails the way she did. But I like the line from MIB - he didn't die he just went home.

Hi.

Sure we know him, he`s a legend!

I think he did die then. If you were a fan of his at the time of his death some wouldn`t want to believe the news, it was, to most very shocking when it happend! But I do believe he died in 1977. If he hadn`t, someone would have sold the story to the press, if not then, now. SOMEONE unreliable SOMEWHERE would tell.

I can understand how the rumours that he was still alive started though. He must have been desperate for privacy and probably did at times feel like running to the hills. It was the same for The Beatles but lets remember there were four of them in the same boat. I think it would have been worse for Elvis as he must have felt more isolated. I certainly wouldn`t want that lifestyle.

xx

Right neither would I lol but some people claim that he was fed up with being "Elivs Presley" and right before he died he testified in a federal court against the mob so I think witness protection is a big possibility.

I remember when he died. My mother was a huge fan. i was only 9 years old, but was a fan also. I believe he did die. I think the sitings and stories are all just hoaxes. Or people who just can't let go.

Rebie

I've never been a fan. He had a good voice sure, but I think all the hoopla was highly overrated. As for witness protection, I still can't see him going and not having contact with his daugher. And I agree, it would have come out by now.

True true but how do we know he hasnt had contact with his daughter, ex-wife, or even his closest friends...Obviously they wouldnt be allowed to tell anyone for security reasons.

I, too, never bought into the Elvis hype. Nice voice, OK looking but throw my panties at him at a concert or faint? No way. (Much less cough up the money to attend a concert OR buy any of his albums.) I believe he died - at least in the physical sense.

Witness protection? Doubt it. First, extensive plastic surgery would have been necessary as he was 'way too recognizable - even in his later debilitated state. The surgery techniques back then weren't THAT good. Second, there is entirely too much interest in him, even today, for any contact with family members to have gone unnoticed at some point.

The purported sightings? Wishful thinking perhaps. Or perhaps the interest in him even today is so strong that folks are seeing his ghost. Dunno for sure. But, don't really care.

Sightings of elvis? Possibly...but I personally just think there are so many singalong competitions for Elvis its these imposters we are seeing worldwide!! If he was really alive it would have snook out of the woodwork by now, and someone somewhere would be very rich by now for telling!

I'm not an elvis fan myself (I'm more the n'sync generation lol.) but my dad is a huge fan and he is convinced that elvis faked his death too. I dont know if it is just wishful thinking, ya know. cos it is horrible to think of such an amazing talent - an idol to have died with so much left behind.

I mean, there are tons of people that believe princess diana is still alive. Sometimes its just nicer to think that they faked there deaths and are out there somewhere living nice quiet happy lives than to think of the reality...

who knows?

x

My husbands uncle looks just like Elvis and sings just like Elvis. He walks around every day looking like him. He even has the accent. So people like that could make huge fans assume he is alive. But I just don't see how that could be.

Rebie

I am a fan of Elvis. When I was a youngster, listened to the records and watched the movies. As I got older, still liked his music. But, I have finally came to accept that he died. LOL I believed that he did back in 77 then had my doubts, have now circled back to believing he did die.

Like winter said, sometimes people would rather believe that someone that has died is actually still living in secret. and perhaps they are sometimes. I know that when growing up, I have often tried to convince myself that my mother didn't actually die when I was 6 yrs old, but had to leave. It didn't help that I wasn't allowed to go to the funeral....how am I to REALLY know?? ahh, the imaginations of youth.

Hello all,

Now Im not sure if our friends across the pond are familiar with this great American icon and King of rock and roll, but many Americans believe to this day that Elvis Aron Presley did not die on August 16, 1977. I, myself, am included. There are too many questions and evidence that points to this man faking his death.

http://www.elviswanted.com/voting.html

http://www.elviswanted.com/reward.html

Those two links (the same site) hold just a few points leading to the point that Elvis is indeed alive. And if anyone is up for a good debate, Im set lol. My grandma was and still is a huge Elvis fan so she got me hooked on him and his life...she created another huge fan lol

Any opinions? *** I do wanna make it clear this is just my opinion and I respect other people's opinions so I'd appreciate if others would respect mine THANKS!!!***

Joe :cool_witch:

...man I cannot believe I am actually going to respond to this. But here it goes. DP...the king is dead. Let him go.

I remember when he died and I also remember that horrible front page image of him in his coffin posted by the National Enquirer (not that National Enquirer is a decent, reliable source of information by far)...I also remember watching the funeral.

For years these rumors have been circulating around (he is actually alive and working at a Burger King, in Kalamazoo...yeah right)...same as with the late Princess Diana.

He is dead...Princess Diana is dead...George Carlin is dead...Bernie Mac is dead...JFK is dead...Martin Luther King is dead...come on...I can go on and on...they are d-e-a-d.

Let him and the others rest in peace.

• 1 month later...

I remember the night it was all over the news that Elvis was Dead. Everyone in the house was crying. I was just a kid and didn't know what was going on.

I like some of his songs. Still to this day listen to them.

As for whether or not he is dead? I believe he died. Whether by accident or suicide, now that is the question, I believe.

And even if he did fake his death to get out of the spotlight, so what? If he did I think someone would have come forward by now with it in order to get some kind of fame. Not to mention the fact that if he did fake his death, he did it for a reason. Not for everyone to be trying to find him, But for some peace and a normal life. Can you imagine trying to hide from the world and every time you turn around you are hearing about yourself. That would be a harsh life to lead. Thinking constantly, "why can't they just let it be?"

I personally don't think he would have left his little girl like that on purpose.

JMO

Archived