Ole Tales of how christmas began

SapphireMoon

This is probably one of the coolest articles I've ever read on Christmas...Werewolves attacking goats? Goblins terrorizing humans because of the birth of Jesus?? Cannibal Ogres that have a penchant for the flesh of bad children...Supernatural entities with names like Sausage Snatcher??....AWESOME...

That was a very interesting article. I like the werewolf part!

But if anyone was watching the history channel last weekend, they ran a program on Christmas. The evidence they produced was excelllent when they stated that Jesus was not born on 12/25 but in the Spring. It was the church that turned it to christmas so that they had another reason to turn the pagans from thier Yule celebrations. Christmas and Yule became 1 holiday and slowly pagans turned.

Its about the same with all the holidays we celebrate. Look how close the christian holidays are to the pagan days.

Another interesting tidbit, the Puritans banned christmas for many years here in the states. They thought the celebrations were evil and were brought about by the devil.

If you really check out the history of christmas, it will make you do a double take.

But if anyone was watching the history channel last weekend, they ran a program on Christmas. The evidence they produced was excelllent when they stated that Jesus was not born on 12/25 but in the Spring.

I brought this up at work about two weeks ago, in a passing comment over some commercial on the radio talking about "the reason for the season" (aka The Baby Jesus), and was met with strange looks and changed subjects. lol.

Its amazing that some people have no clue about why they celebrate holidays. This is one reason I like the history channel. Except the other day when they did The Real Witches. It was all wicca and kinda turned me off. But it did have some interesting history before they went into modern day witches. And the end part where a woman who was wiccan lost her husband in Iraq or somewhere and fought to have the pentagram on his tombstone which in turn got the government to recognize wicca as a religion. See sometimes they do good for everyone!

Archived