It's just not worth the air I'd expend on saying something about it...

Cairelle

I just got this text message from my SIL:

Merry Christmas! Matt 1:21 "She shall bring forth a son and shall call his name JESUS for he shall save his people from their sins." He is the reason 4 Christmas!

WTF? These people KNOW I'm not a Christian, that I don't share the same belief system that they do - yet they continue to send me their bullshit. I'm sure I'll be receiving the annual "may this be the year of your salvation" email from my MIL next week.

:deadhorse:

Asswipes.

I just got this text message from my SIL:

Merry Christmas! Matt 1:21 "She shall bring forth a son and shall call his name JESUS for he shall save his people from their sins." He is the reason 4 Christmas!

WTF? These people KNOW I'm not a Christian, that I don't share the same belief system that they do - yet they continue to send me their bullshit. I'm sure I'll be receiving the annual "may this be the year of your salvation" email from my MIL next week.

:deadhorse:

Asswipes.

LOL! Poor thing LOL! Just grin and bear it hunny..

I know. My Southern-Baptist inlaws keep sending me that kind of stuff. My favorites are the wrapped presents they mail to my child from "Santa" set to arrive after our annual Yule party. I never pretend to be Christian around them. But now they are after my kid. Grrrr....

LOL! Poor thing LOL! Just grin and bear it hunny..

Oh I do, LOL... it's just irritating sometimes.

Phig, my MIL used to take my kids to her wigged-out freakazoid church on occasion - I think it was the "World Harvest" church - until one day when my youngest informed them that they were a cult, and that their name sounded like they went out and harvested souls. LOL! I never minded my kids going because I wanted them to see ALL sides of what religion can be (and they did have fun in Sunday school most of the time), but they also always had me telling them that *I* did not believe that way, etc, etc.

Needless to say youngest witchlet wasn't welcomed back after her comments, LOLOL!! My MIL quit asking to take her to church, too... :roflhard:

... until one day when my youngest informed them that they were a cult, and that their name sounded like they went out and harvested souls. LOL!

That's fabulous. We've already shared creation and Yule myths from different religions with my child. We want him to know and be able to make his own choices going forward. But since he's 3, the Santa thing is just a confusing PITA. I'd rather he be sent a Children's Illustrated Bible than the what, to me, is some of the worst of this season.

I feel like I have more in commom with atheists today than anyone else. (Like why couldn't I have a postop appt with my Jewish surgeon today?) I'm so glad it's almost over.

:mad2:

I feel for you. If it was me I'd be blocking them then letting them know when they are ready to accept I'm not into that and to stop sending it, then they'd be unblocked. The narrowminded arroagance of others just gets me at times.

I'm atheist but I still have to do the chrissy thing because my family are all for it. Not in a religious way (they're agnostic) but in the whole romantic fun of it all. If I was home instead of here, I would've spent my day watching TV or on the computer. My partner and I ended up going for a 2 hour drive, just to get away from it all.

Because they are christians. It is part of their path to convert and save all the misguided savages that populate gods earth! No matter how long it takes you to see things their way and become a good little pod person. Praise Jeebus!

I got the call from my MIL today. Not lucky enough to just get a text,LOL.

She told me they will *never* give up on me. Yeah whatever. The kicker was, she ended up telling me about a talking donkey. I was like, WTF?? You mean like in Shrek? Her response...."No silly thats make believe!"

Yeah, silly me.:rolleyes:

Yeah My roomate knows what I am but this year I got 10 text, between her & her supposedly "wiccan" friend, telling me that jesus loves me & to pass this on to 10 people & watch a miracle happen in my life.

The miracle would be me passing the shit on without hitting the erase button on the phone. lol

I just make a face of disgust & hit erase on my phone. She laughs when she sees me do it. Its Fucking annoying plus all the emails I get lately saying "I prayed for you today". I didnt ask no one to pray for me & dont even know whos sending the emails.

Sapphire

Because they are christians. It is part of their path to convert and save all the misguided savages that populate gods earth! No matter how long it takes you to see things their way and become a good little pod person. Praise Jeebus!

Yep... and in the process massacre hundreds.... So many cultures destroyed over the centuries...

Lusete )o(

It's an epidemic among xtians. My MIL has tried for years on her younger son (my husband) and when she asked, I told her I didn't believe in the divinity of Jesus the same as Pete. She gave up for about 3 years. Now the signs are considerably more subtle but she's still at it. As is the itinerant preacher who lives up the hill from us.

We just smile and turn the conversation in another direction - often blatantly. The few times someone has been insistent, I usually tell them that religion is one of the things I DO NOT discuss because, frankly, it's none of their damned business. The few emails I get in that vein (I don't do text messaging) immediately get the "right-click, delete" treatment.

Hubby's daughter pays lip service to xtianity. My son was brought up just as I was - to attend the services of different faiths and to make up his own mind. Thankfully I had no meddling in-laws. He's decided he's an agnostic.

Not sure this would be a good idea with the MIL, but certainly the itinerant preacher. If it gets too much, just take out a restraining order because of harassment. Just make sure you document it all first.

Oh I do, LOL... it's just irritating sometimes.

Phig, my MIL used to take my kids to her wigged-out freakazoid church on occasion - I think it was the "World Harvest" church - until one day when my youngest informed them that they were a cult, and that their name sounded like they went out and harvested souls. LOL! I never minded my kids going because I wanted them to see ALL sides of what religion can be (and they did have fun in Sunday school most of the time), but they also always had me telling them that *I* did not believe that way, etc, etc.

Needless to say youngest witchlet wasn't welcomed back after her comments, LOLOL!! My MIL quit asking to take her to church, too... :roflhard:

Paybacks are a mother. Hurray for your little Witchlet!:carrot:

Have you ever thought of returning the favour - invite her to one of your rituals?

:stirring::ani_witch_moon::grin_witch:

No, I'd never do that - I'm WAY too private.

Not sure this would be a good idea with the MIL, but certainly the itinerant preacher. If it gets too much, just take out a restraining order because of harassment. Just make sure you document it all first.

Naw, he's well-meaning and the fact that there are only 6 houses in 100 acres means we need to be friends with everyone. Like I said, we just immediately change the subject. Eventually he'll catch on. 'Sides, the local constabulary would probably side with him!

Archived