Merry Whatever

LadyHawk

I'd like to wish everyone seasons greetings and all the best for 2009 and hope you have a great time over the next day or two :atoast:

From me, too!

I'd like to wish everyone seasons greetings and all the best for 2009 and hope you have a great time over the next day or two :atoast:

From me, too!

Ditto

Anjel, WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON LINE? You're supposed to be between the sheets, making up for lost time!

I think his homecoming was delayed. :(

Merry/Happy/Joyous Holiday to whomever celebrates whatever, whenever. I think that's PC enough. Bwahahaha!:laugh1:

Eat, drink and be merry! :cheers:

I'll be eating & hopefully drinking but the Merry part has started to suck. I'm in a Bah Humbug mood but wish everyone else a Happy Holiday & season & prosperous 2009.

Sapphire

My honey commented the other day, as we were out shopping for presents and I got sidetracked by the Christmas music rack, how amazed he was that I would embrace the holiday so much.

First of all, I pointed out that I like the secular Xmas tunes and I usually kept an eye out for the lounge versions (Bing, Frankie, Dean, Richard Cheese [if you haven't heard of him, look him up], etc.).

Secondly, I explained that growing up Christmas wasn't so much about baby Jesus in our house, but about family and gifts and sparkly trees and multicolored house lights and giant plastic snowmen and the mystery of elves and Santa. December was the time of year when anything could happen, and it finished off with a brand new year being born filled with potential for better times ahead.

When I was a teenager and full of unknowns, December was when I would imagine myself becoming a new person -- taller, more beautiful, adored by the boy of my dreams, talented beyond containment, etc. It was a time to look back and see how much I'd changed from the gawkier girl I'd been twelve months before, the new friends I'd made, the incredible experiences I'd enjoyed, the strides taken toward being an adult. I would imagine freedom, staring out my window in the middle of the night, onto the silent sparkle of new fallen snow.

On a very internal level, regardless of who is celebrating what holiday, this time of year has always held a great magical charm for me.

And that's why I love December.

May you enjoy your own personal magic.

^ aww that's a sweet thing to say Leigh :D

Merry Christmas, Happy Yule and whatever else :D Hope you guys have a wonderful time and hope your hangovers for New Years dissapate quickly - or at least mine does :D

My honey commented the other day, as we were out shopping for presents and I got sidetracked by the Christmas music rack, how amazed he was that I would embrace the holiday so much.

First of all, I pointed out that I like the secular Xmas tunes and I usually kept an eye out for the lounge versions (Bing, Frankie, Dean, Richard Cheese [if you haven't heard of him, look him up], etc.).

Secondly, I explained that growing up Christmas wasn't so much about baby Jesus in our house, but about family and gifts and sparkly trees and multicolored house lights and giant plastic snowmen and the mystery of elves and Santa. December was the time of year when anything could happen, and it finished off with a brand new year being born filled with potential for better times ahead.

When I was a teenager and full of unknowns, December was when I would imagine myself becoming a new person -- taller, more beautiful, adored by the boy of my dreams, talented beyond containment, etc. It was a time to look back and see how much I'd changed from the gawkier girl I'd been twelve months before, the new friends I'd made, the incredible experiences I'd enjoyed, the strides taken toward being an adult. I would imagine freedom, staring out my window in the middle of the night, onto the silent sparkle of new fallen snow.

On a very internal level, regardless of who is celebrating what holiday, this time of year has always held a great magical charm for me.

And that's why I love December.

May you enjoy your own personal magic.

This is how I feel on the subject...Christmas never really had anything to do with Christianity in my house...When I was a kid it was about Santa, Rudolf, Frosty and presents...When I got older it just became about family and giving...I celebrate Easter as well, and it has nothing to do with religion in my household...

Christmas was never a big thing for us as the whole family work in health care and usually one or the other or all of us were working.

We tend to make a bigger deal out of new years with the annual obscenity rules scrabble tornemant and the liquer making contest {Dad won last year with prune and I have high hopes for my liquerice infused vodka this year!!:censored:}

So to one and all I raise a merry glass with the family toast

HAPPY NEW BEER!!!!

{And a healthy , happy , hangover free 2009}

Archived