Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

New Members/Seekers and Viewing Profiles

Myself and Brian have decided to turn OFF the priviledge for new members (seekers) to view member profiles. In light of the reviewed sign up form which now consists of 11 questions, we feel that it is in our members best interest if this personal information was not viewable by new members.

Unfortunately, this also means that new members (seekers) cannot view their own profiles either - however, they can still update them.

All logged-in Full Members can view all member profiles. I trust that this decision will be supported by Full Members and I hope that Seekers understand this change.

Thanks for your attention.

That sounds like a good idea, it means that seekers have to post and get to know us all better that way and it ensures that some members aren't pestered by seekers pushing for membership - if that ever happens :D

Myself and Brian have decided to turn OFF the priviledge for new members (seekers) to view member profiles. In light of the reviewed sign up form which now consists of 11 questions, we feel that it is in our members best interest if this personal information was not viewable by new members.

Unfortunately, this also means that new members (seekers) cannot view their own profiles either - however, they can still update them.

All logged-in Full Members can view all member profiles. I trust that this decision will be supported by Full Members and I hope that Seekers understand this change.

Thanks for your attention.

agreed. thank you Sands.

I liked being able to know more about a member before I interact with them, so not fond of the change, at all.  But I am still a lowly seeker so apparently I don't count!

• Like 1

Perhaps it is a right move. 

On 5/8/2020 at 6:08 PM, Onyx said:

I liked being able to know more about a member before I interact with them, so not fond of the change, at all.  But I am still a lowly seeker so apparently I don't count!

What's the issue Onyx? This thread is from 2008. Can you not view profiles? I could when I was seeker and that was well after this post.

Well yes, I can see profiles.  I thought the post was about a new rule that was coming.  My humble apologies!  I jumped the gun...

By the way , Khundekling, your reputation points are 666!   A fine number!

3 hours ago, Onyx said:

By the way , Khundekling, your reputation points are 666!   A fine number!

Yea I was playing around with some settings lol The mod points used to be hidden but now they can be seen.

Sign in to follow this