• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:45 PM

Myself and Brian have decided to turn OFF the priviledge for new members (seekers) to view member profiles. In light of the reviewed sign up form which now consists of 11 questions, we feel that it is in our members best interest if this personal information was not viewable by new members.

Unfortunately, this also means that new members (seekers) cannot view their own profiles either - however, they can still update them.

All logged-in Full Members can view all member profiles. I trust that this decision will be supported by Full Members and I hope that Seekers understand this change.

Thanks for your attention.

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#2 soap fairy

soap fairy

fluffy chaos instigator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

Sounds fair enough to me given the reasons behind the new improved sign up form !
:cloud9: floating through life on a cloud of bubbles

#3 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:10 PM

My support is fully yours.

#4 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:06 PM

That sounds like a good idea, it means that seekers have to post and get to know us all better that way and it ensures that some members aren't pestered by seekers pushing for membership - if that ever happens :D
I make the path - Alice from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

#5 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

Myself and Brian have decided to turn OFF the priviledge for new members (seekers) to view member profiles. In light of the reviewed sign up form which now consists of 11 questions, we feel that it is in our members best interest if this personal information was not viewable by new members.

Unfortunately, this also means that new members (seekers) cannot view their own profiles either - however, they can still update them.

All logged-in Full Members can view all member profiles. I trust that this decision will be supported by Full Members and I hope that Seekers understand this change.

Thanks for your attention.

agreed. thank you Sands.

#6 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:13 AM

Works for me! :D

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#7 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:31 AM

Thank you, I totally agree
Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#8 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

I'm all for it!

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website