Viridarium Umbris

Michele

Hope I spelled that right - lol. I TOTALLY love this book!!!!! ... the info, the ideas, even the prose & pics go down nicely with a sip of wine... very much enjoying it ahhhhhh.....

Have just started it with a skim-through, so can't give too much more yet, but so far I find the info and ideas and explanations very thought-provoking and a great read. Plan on taking it up to the pub tomorrow night (where it's nice and quiet) and having a couple glasses and really settling down to a nice read.

Anyone else????

Yes, I love VU too!! I've been taking my time with it since there is so much information to take in. My only gripe about the book is that there's no index, so I've been indexing the book as I read through it. It's definitely high on my list of favorite books.

Michele, if you like VU, check out Ars Philtron, which was recently reissued by Xoanon and is still affordable through Fields Books. The two go hand in hand.

Been skimming some more. The herb lore is wonderful. I love the way he breaks it down by the chapters and the signs and sigils he gives for the workings. Wonderful. Truely a treasure for any wort-cunners.

Various copies of the books by Chumbley are available for sale here, including "One. The Grimoire of the Golden Toad". ;)

Okay dude - u must make a hulluva lot more money than I do!!!!!!! 2750.00 dollars???????????????? lol

Guest Landieth

I'm very intersted in 'One.'

I SO wish someone would make an Ebook of it.. and then someone trustworthy could validate it..LOL

Is this other that book full of Angelic formulae? It has a part I think called something like 'To cure the bewitchment of Tobacco'? Is this the same one we're talking about?

I'll have to dig around for it.

I SO wish someone would make an Ebook of it.. and then someone trustworthy could validate it..LOL

Is this other that book full of Angelic formulae? It has a part I think called something like 'To cure the bewitchment of Tobacco'? Is this the same one we're talking about?

Not sure about angelic stuff.... I have just finished Qutub, which I very much liked. If you just read it you think "okay, cool." But if u take into consideration that there are words hidden within words and that u see without being aware of them, and that it is condusive to dream enhancement and "findings" it takes on a whole new meaning. I totally loved it and found that within a day I was finding things brought to light in mundane life that I had not seen before. I just started Azoetia (sp), but need to print it out as I really have a hard time with reading books on computer. They are both by Chumbley, not Skulke (sp), (Skulke took over as magistar after Chumbley passed on). The V Umbris is a wealth of herbal folklore and connection to plant spirit and is, for me, a must have.

P.S. It is my understanding that much of the ritual in "One" can be found in "Pattern Under the Plough" by George E. Evans

Okay dude - u must make a hulluva lot more money than I do!!!!!!! 2750.00 dollars???????????????? lol

Me, no. I could never afford them. :crazy:

Archived