Thanksgiving anyone?

Guest Bean Sprite

Guest Bean Sprite

I know that this holiday is mostly American, but I do have a few friends across the pond that celebrate. Hell, even if you aren't from the US, it's a great excuse to take off for a holiday and spend it fattening up on grub with your best mates.

Is anyone doing the Thanksgiving thing this year, and what are your plans?

I am cooking for 10 people, familly and friends. The men will be hunting and I will be sleeping after supper. I plan to get into the port first and cackle with my SIL for a while before the triptophane of the turkey sets in. Mmmmm...... warm pecan pie and vanilla ice cream.

I know that this holiday is mostly American, but I do have a few friends across the pond that celebrate. Hell, even if you aren't from the US, it's a great excuse to take off for a holiday and spend it fattening up on grub with your best mates.

Is anyone doing the Thanksgiving thing this year, and what are your plans?

I am cooking for 10 people, familly and friends. The men will be hunting and I will be sleeping after supper. I plan to get into the port first and cackle with my SIL for a while before the triptophane of the turkey sets in. Mmmmm...... warm pecan pie and vanilla ice cream.

I'll have a house full of people...as usual.

Yes, I'm doing Thanksgiving, but we are having Leg of Lamb, my dad doesn't like turkey. I am cooking for only 6 this year :)

The next day my man leaves for hunting. I don't drink port, but I will be joining you with some Merlot. :party0016:

Have a wonderful holiday :)

Guest Tiger Lady

I get to eat one of the turkeys I helped 'clean' (what a word for it) at my in-laws. There will definitely be wine and beer. And the best part - its not my house! Woohoo!

We'll be jumping from house to house trying to see each side of our family, no doubt we'll be in a food induced coma afterwards. Free food and alcohol, yes please. :cheers:

:chef:I am cooking for my husband and my roommate. I decided it was too stressful this year to cook for everyone, and I turned down the folks that invited themselves over.

We have a turkey defrosting in the fridge and I am going to bake a few pies and have a few sides. Oh I can almost taste my homemade gravy now.

One thing I really like to do, is to carve various pagan and occult symbols on the top crusts of my pies. Most recently I did a triple moon shape on a peach pie. Oh yummy!

--I love my own cooking!

I cook the feast, I love to cook. My wife is Catholic. But I do not celebrate the christian fallacy part of it. And everyone here knows how I really feel about Thanksgiving and Columbus Day. They should be stricken from the calendar.

I hate to cook so won't. As our nearby family is extremely small (myself, husband and mother) we are going to a local place for their yummy buffet. Best of all worlds - good food, good booze & no dishes to clean up afterwards!

I was suppose to cook for about 10 or more people. But due to my back pain, hubby decided we are going out to dinner. He doesn't want to cook or clean and knows I will have a hard time doing it.So he decided we are taking everyone invited out to dinner. How sweet. He didn't consider the fact that my back freaking hurts and going out is not easy for me. Plus he offered to pay for all the moochers meals. Yes, the whole family is moochers. Geez!!! I am so not looking forward to seeing that bill. I am staying home. They can bring my food back to me when they are done.

Boy that sure did sound more like a rant instead of telling you guys what we are doing. LOL.

Rebie

Couldn't you two compromise and order one of those dinners made by the supermarket deli. They have all the fixings, a full turkey, sides and pies. It is just as good as going to a restaurant. You could use disposable plates and cups and just enjoy yourselves.

I think it is sad that you are staying home while your husband is paying for your family to eat.

Couldn't you two compromise and order one of those dinners made by the supermarket deli. They have all the fixings, a full turkey, sides and pies. It is just as good as going to a restaurant. You could use disposable plates and cups and just enjoy yourselves.

I think it is sad that you are staying home while your husband is paying for your family to eat.

Well, before I could suggest the supermarket meals , he and a few moochers commented on how they do not like those. I am just cranky and being grouchy. I will change my attitude tomorrow hopefully. He means well. Poor guy. LOL

Rebie

Yes, I'm doing Thanksgiving, but we are having Leg of Lamb, my dad doesn't like turkey. I am cooking for only 6 this year :)

The next day my man leaves for hunting. I don't drink port, but I will be joining you with some Merlot. :party0016:

Have a wonderful holiday :)

The leg of Lamb sounds like a yummy thanksgiving meal. That is a great idea if someone does not care for Turkey. I hope it turns out well. Merlot is my drink too. :)

Rebie

Guest Bean Sprite

I like cooking the thanksgiving meal. It gives me an excuse to drink too much port, while cooking, and be a lazy bum for a few days afterward.

I like getting to socialize with the women too. I don't get to socialize often, so when I do I have a jolly good time.

I'll be thinking about TL when she eats her homegrown and cleaned turkey (cackle). Can't wait to swap stories about the circus at the thanksgiving dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you though! Hope you have a warm one, surround by the ones you want to be with. Make sure to cook that bird all the way through (gizzards in the neck flap) lol.

:chef::hearts:

My BF and I are headed for the Jersey Shore ? just the two of us for a cozy little turkey dinner by the sea. I can't wait!! My family is Italian, so they don't really celebrate Thanksgiving and usually serve pasta or some other Italian dish that is so far from anything remotely related to Thanksgiving. :yuck: How can you not like Turkey with all the trimmings? I just don't get them. :rolleyes:

Guest Tiger Lady
I like cooking the thanksgiving meal. It gives me an excuse to drink too much port, while cooking, and be a lazy bum for a few days afterward.

I like getting to socialize with the women too. I don't get to socialize often, so when I do I have a jolly good time.

I'll be thinking about TL when she eats her homegrown and cleaned turkey (cackle). Can't wait to swap stories about the circus at the thanksgiving dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you though! Hope you have a warm one, surround by the ones you want to be with. Make sure to cook that bird all the way through (gizzards in the neck flap) lol.

:chef::hearts:

Ah... not too mention I'll be seeing Andrea and Odie Friday night. We are going to have another bonfire. I'll try to keep my clothes on this time. Its too damn cold to run the fields naked. :twisted_witch:

We dont normally celebrate stuff like this and wouldnt have this year either but...

My BiL just arrived from Idaho so I'm being nice and cooking...tomorrow! He's leaving to go back on Thurs am then our friend is coming in Thurs night for his dinner. Since he's bringing us his 2 horse trailer I suppose I'll feed him too. Yeah, I can be bribed:twisted_witch:. Not cooking 2 birds though, I went with just the turkey breasts and a ham.

I'd rather be riding the cherubs though.

Hmmm, wonder if I'm off the hook for Yule?

I will be cooking the traditional turkey dinner with sides for the family. My daughters are bringing some of the sides so that will make it easier! Any excuse to eat, drink and play games with the fam!

When my grandmother was still alive we used to have a dinner here at the house. She, my mother, and my aunts would all get together in the kitchen and cook tons of food and my fathers side of the family would come over to have a little sit down dinner. It wasn't a traditional Italian dinner but she managed to mix in a little bit of Italy with some German cuisine to make a dinner that couldn't be beat. Her husband, my grandfather, was German and she was Italian, and man could she cook.

Now that she's passed we go to my aunt and uncle's house on my mother's side of the family where everyone brings something to add to the pot. Then they all get drunk and belligerent before eventually passing out from eating too much.

Guest Landieth

We'll be celebrating.. my mom's heading over to Oklahoma for her family.. since i really don't talk or like them much I'll be heading over to eat with my dad's side of the family. We always celebrate thanksgiving.. although this year I'm thinking I may skip the dinner over Margie's house and take Mario somewhere nice. :)

Archived