fate :-) (another winter story lol.)

winter

I?ve always believed in fate. Sometimes I find it hard to accept it and I have tried to fight against it but at the root of it all, I do think that everything happens at its right time and for a reason and sometimes things will happen to remind me of this.

An example was today. It?s a typical ?winter? example. But basically?.

At work today the guys caught a baby mouse. They put it in a box and called the exterminator men to come and take it away to be killed. Me being the die hard animal lover I am was like ?NOoooo!! you cant kill it! it?s a little baby! Let me take it over the park and release it instead?.?

So off I went with this little box?.

I got over there and when I got the little guy out, it was really poorly. I realised it had obviously eaten some poison and I felt terrible cos I knew then there wasn?t anything I could do. I couldn?t just leave it there cos it would die all by itself and it would have been eaten by the other animals which would have just made them all ill too. I cuddled it for ages thinking of the best thing to do.

I then decided if it was gonna die anyways, I was gonna take it home with me so at least it could die with someone that cared about it. (I know, I am a serious head case sometimes! lol.)

Anyways, I was over this park a good 20 minutes before I decided to take it back to work and keep it there. I was thinking of how I could sneak it back into my building and hide it til the end of my shift but as I was walking up the road with the box, these two men grabbed me and was like ?are you the girl with the mouse?? They were the exterminator men and had been into my building to pick the mouse up. When they found I had taken it over the park, they left and were on there way home where they then bumped into me. When I tried to tell them I was gonna take him home, they was like ?no no no, let us take it now. Come on?.? I burst into tears like a complete loon cos I felt really bad that I couldnt help it. They took it off of me and I ran back to my office bawling my eyes out.

The point of my story IS.

All along, this mouse's fate was to get picked up by those exterminator guys.

I tried to intervene cos I didn?t like the sound of that fate - but at the end of the day, that was what was meant to be. I could have been over that park any amount of time - enough time to miss the exterminator men completely ? but I wasn?t. Our paths crossed at the perfect time for them to take him away.

I know it?s a pretty fluffy story and there are obvious hygene issues in there that I should have been a bit more aware of haha. But the message is quite a clear one to me -

fate is fate! (and maybe I shouldn't interfere next time hehe!)

w.

x

Guest Landieth
I’ve always believed in fate. Sometimes I find it hard to accept it and I have tried to fight against it but at the root of it all, I do think that everything happens at its right time and for a reason and sometimes things will happen to remind me of this.

An example was today. It’s a typical “winter” example. But basically….

At work today the guys caught a baby mouse. They put it in a box and called the exterminator men to come and take it away to be killed. Me being the die hard animal lover I am was like “NOoooo!! you cant kill it! it’s a little baby! Let me take it over the park and release it instead….”

So off I went with this little box….

I got over there and when I got the little guy out, it was really poorly. I realised it had obviously eaten some poison and I felt terrible cos I knew then there wasn’t anything I could do. I couldn’t just leave it there cos it would die all by itself and it would have been eaten by the other animals which would have just made them all ill too. I cuddled it for ages thinking of the best thing to do.

I then decided if it was gonna die anyways, I was gonna take it home with me so at least it could die with someone that cared about it. (I know, I am a serious head case sometimes! lol.)

Anyways, I was over this park a good 20 minutes before I decided to take it back to work and keep it there. I was thinking of how I could sneak it back into my building and hide it til the end of my shift but as I was walking up the road with the box, these two men grabbed me and was like “are you the girl with the mouse?” They were the exterminator men and had been into my building to pick the mouse up. When they found I had taken it over the park, they left and were on there way home where they then bumped into me. When I tried to tell them I was gonna take him home, they was like “no no no, let us take it now. Come on….” I burst into tears like a complete loon cos I felt really bad that I couldnt help it. They took it off of me and I ran back to my office bawling my eyes out.

I tried to intervene cos I didn’t like the sound of that fate - but at the end of the day, that was what was meant to be. I could have been over that park any amount of time - enough time to miss the exterminator men completely – but I wasn’t. Our paths crossed at the perfect time for them to take him away.

I know it’s a pretty fluffy story and there are obvious hygene issues in there that I should have been a bit more aware of haha. But the message is quite a clear one to me -

w.

x

All this over a mouse?

I've rescued a few mouses from my cats.. but when I find them dead or my cat's bring it to me then it'll have the pleasure of becoming a lucky charm ROFL!

LOl, but seriously, you must have a very warm heart. :)

haha!

All this over a mouse? - That was most people's reaction lol! You should have seen the exterminator guys faces when I started crying haha. bet they have never had that before! most girls scream at the site of mice lol.

I do think now that I overreacted a little but your right, my heart is toooo big sometimes. I just see every living thing as equal, I put myself in there shoes and think of how they feel....I know its a little silly to do that with a mouse or a bug haha. but I really do! The things I have tried to save! lol.

x

I believe we all have the ability to shape our own destinies, and certain other destinies, to a certain degree, but some things we don't have control over. Some things in this world are the effect of energies and beings that transcend this world, and although the things they set into motion can be touched upon by those of us on this physical plane, we cannot always change the outcome. This is how I see fate, and I believe you have a perfect example there.

Guest Landieth
I believe we all have the ability to shape our own destinies, and certain other destinies, to a certain degree, but some things we don't have control over. Some things in this world are the effect of energies and beings that transcend this world, and although the things they set into motion can be touched upon by those of us on this physical plane, we cannot always change the outcome. This is how I see fate, and I believe you have a perfect example there.

I agree with this. I see things as coincidence (which always have an underlying meaning no matter how small) and chance much as a winding road with many crossroads and joinings, and those cross roads and joinings are fate. :)

...much as a winding road with many crossroads and joinings, and those cross roads and joinings are fate. :)

That is a very good way of describing it Land!

Guest Oakbuchanan
I?ve always believed in fate. Sometimes I find it hard to accept it and I have tried to fight against it but at the root of it all, I do think that everything happens at its right time and for a reason and sometimes things will happen to remind me of this.

An example was today. It?s a typical ?winter? example. But basically?.

At work today the guys caught a baby mouse. They put it in a box and called the exterminator men to come and take it away to be killed. Me being the die hard animal lover I am was like ?NOoooo!! you cant kill it! it?s a little baby! Let me take it over the park and release it instead?.?

So off I went with this little box?.

I got over there and when I got the little guy out, it was really poorly. I realised it had obviously eaten some poison and I felt terrible cos I knew then there wasn?t anything I could do. I couldn?t just leave it there cos it would die all by itself and it would have been eaten by the other animals which would have just made them all ill too. I cuddled it for ages thinking of the best thing to do.

Anyways, I was over this park a good 20 minutes before I decided to take it back to work and keep it there. I was thinking of how I could sneak it back into my building and hide it til the end of my shift but as I was walking up the road with the box, these two men grabbed me and was like ?are you the girl with the mouse?? They were the exterminator men and had been into my building to pick the mouse up. When they found I had taken it over the park, they left and were on there way home where they then bumped into me. When I tried to tell them I was gonna take him home, they was like ?no no no, let us take it now. Come on?.? I burst into tears like a complete loon cos I felt really bad that I couldnt help it. They took it off of me and I ran back to my office bawling my eyes out.

I tried to intervene cos I didn?t like the sound of that fate - but at the end of the day, that was what was meant to be. I could have been over that park any amount of time - enough time to miss the exterminator men completely ? but I wasn?t. Our paths crossed at the perfect time for them to take him away.

I know it?s a pretty fluffy story and there are obvious hygene issues in there that I should have been a bit more aware of haha. But the message is quite a clear one to me -

w.

x

Hey Winter, I dont think there was anything 'Fluffy' bout what youre intentions were..

Ok you could say 'its only a mouse' but to me suffering is suffering..

I have always hated to see an animal suffer and have nothing but respect and admiration for people who go that extra mile to help them.

Not everyone thinks this way, so yep it would be easier to save face, so good on ya gal! and so what if people think your crazy, its not their fault if they havent evolved yet! lol..

Personally I would have put it out of its misery when I saw it was beyond help.. Im anti animal suffering but not anti killing animals..

I have always viewed fate as a multitude of paths we may or may not go down.. the experiences on these different paths are fated but our fate can change according to the path we go down, so although each path has a fixed fate theres a multitude of possible fates we can experience depending on the path we choose.

So yea the mouse may have died anyway but your action may have ultimatley influenced your fate.. Which to me confirms how connected we 'all' are..how in a sense we are all affected by eachothers actions whether we like it or not..

So does it matter what you did if it was all fated anyway?

IMO Your damn right it does!!!

Drew

Guest Bean Sprite

I agree with Oak on this. I don't like to see anything suffer. I'm more apt to put something out of its suffering.

I don't think you overreacted, but simply reacted to a painfull situation and sypathised with the mouse on its level of suffering.

Most worldly people don't understand this way of thinking and choose to have the world live the way that they see fit instead of the otherway around.

Guest Tiger Lady

This reminds me of a similar story that happened in this house. Aaron, my OH, rescued a field mouse from one of the cats who decided to bring it inside. Usually, this is not the case - to find one alive is rare. But Aaron asked me if I had an extra cage and if I wanted to keep it. I thought - sure why not and we named him King Louis. Well Louis lived for ~ 1 day. You see, Aaron and I didn't know that you couldn't free feed field mice like a hamster. Many people have made fun of us for this. But we piled a big mound of hamster feed in the middle of the cage where King Louis spent the next day eating non-stop. He even ate while he was sleeping! We had no idea that like fish, field mice will eat themselves to death. Sometime the next day I found King Louis laying on his back with a lump for a tummy and a continuous stream of poo coming out and that's the way he died. We saved him from a cat just to make his tummy explode.

I'm sorry this happened to you, I would have acted the same way. The worst part being that he had been poisoned. I found a field mouse across the street from my house one morning that had been poisoned. I felt bad for him but I knew there was nothing I could do.

I would have done the same thing Winter, there is nothing wrong with having compassion and feeling for another creature. In fact I feel sorry for those who don't.

I would have done the same thing Winter, there is nothing wrong with having compassion and feeling for another creature. In fact I feel sorry for those who don't.

I agree with LadyHawk, there is nothing wrong with compassion for another creature.

aww thanks so much guys, I'm so glad I am not the only one that would have reacted like that cos the people at my work made me feel like such an idiot for it!

as for the whole fate idea, I never thought about it before but it was just as much my fate as it was his that I was to try and help it that day. (I'm calling the mouse him? I have no idea lol.) but anyways - since then I have felt a lot better about myself as a person. I had been feeling really poo and down about myself lately but that situation reminded me that I am a nice person to have tried to help another living creature and to stop giving myself such a hard time in general.

And it also re-enforces my idea that everything comes into your life at the right time and for the right reason :-) So that?s my conclusion for that hehe! and maybe I will still interfere in future! :-)

As for fate and destiny and all that stuff - I could talk about that for hours!!! but I wont :-) My basic thoughts on it is that I think that all of the BIG things that happen in our lives are already pre planned and mapped out. Then it is the little things that we decide....Its like you are destined to go from A-B but whether you go straight there or veer off course for a little bit is up to you. Ultimately you will end up at B. something like that? lol.

thanks for all your replies.:hearts:

x x x x x x

Archived