What Are Your Greatest Powers/Gifts in Witchcraft?

Brigid

Hey everyone,

I was having a conversation with a friend last night and a thought came to me regarding all of you here :)

What would you consider to be your greatest power or gift in witchcraft??

Mine would be intuition and timing and "Sight"

Any takers?

I thought it might be interesting.

:popcorn:

Hey everyone,

I was having a conversation with a friend last night and a thought came to me regarding all of you here :)

Mine would be intuition and timing and "Sight"

Any takers?

I thought it might be interesting.

:popcorn:

Hi Brigid,

I don't think of our abilities as a gifts, since we are all capable of anything we choose, and we are only limited by our beliefs/Imagination. To answer your question, I would have to say control and the ability to work without props or ceremony.

BTW; I don't think that I Welcomed you to the forum. Welcome :)

Hi Brigid,

I don't think of our abilities as a gifts, since we are all capable of anything we choose, and we are only limited by our beliefs/Imagination. To answer your question, I would have to say control and the ability to work without props or ceremony.

BTW; I don't think that I Welcomed you to the forum. Welcome :)

Thank you Russell and I love your signature:)

Good answer by the way, I'm not big on ceremony either, props? Love fire, it just works for me :)

Thanks Brigid

I like to use candles when studying or meditating and when I get bored; I like to change the flame color and control it's hight/direction.

Any takers?

I'm a taker.. LOL

I would say I do a mean hex and curse.

(although I think this is somewhere else on the forum too)

Hi Brigid,

I don't think of our abilities as a gifts, since we are all capable of anything we choose, and we are only limited by our beliefs/Imagination.

Hey Russell, I am not sure how I feel about your statement. I got this thing that I have had since I was able to acknowledge that it was happening.. which was about 4 yrs old, truth be told I can't get rid of it cause I have tried. If you want it you can have it..LOL I call it a gift. I honestly don't think it can be learned. I get a feeling about someone, they will leave from my life, it maybe by their death, or their parents moved to another state, or leaving the job place to another job, but they leave and I will not ever have contact with them again.

Hey Russell, I am not sure how I feel about your statement. I got this thing that I have had since I was able to acknowledge that it was happening.. which was about 4 yrs old, truth be told I can't get rid of it cause I have tried. If you want it you can have it..LOL I call it a gift. I honestly don't think it can be learned. I get a feeling about someone, they will leave from my life, it maybe by their death, or their parents moved to another state, or leaving the job place to another job, but they leave and I will not ever have contact with them again.

Hey Startella,

What I mean to say is that by calling it a "gift" infers that one is given something in favor of, or over someone else, and in my opinion; we are all capable of all things (equally) we just tend to favor some things over others! :)

Let me just add here that when I posted "gift" my thought process was of something that may be innate, something that came naturally to you, not that it can't be learned of course hence the addition of "power" :)

Guest Landieth
Let me just add here that when I posted "gift" my thought process was of something that may be innate, something that came naturally to you, not that it can't be learned of course hence the addition of "power" :)

Actually I personally agree with being born with 'gifts'. I do think we're capable of anything, but I do feel some are born with a natural ability. :)

edit -- thinking on it more I'd have to say that IMO, gifts are the ones that at the end of the day (maybe sooner), avoiding it would just wind up kicking you in the ass.

Hey Startella,

What I mean to say is that by calling it a "gift" infers that one is given something in favor of, or over someone else, and in my opinion; we are all capable of all things (equally) we just tend to favor some things over others! :)

VERY true Russell :)

Guest Tiger Lady

Okay, lets see... I suppose divination. I'm a good card reader. You should have seen my last reading, I wish I wouldn't have. It was brutually honest. Also, the more stressed I am the less likely anyone can sneak up on me. I hit everything on the nail - from who's calling to what a person is going to say to scarying the shit out of a friend who thought she was sneaking up on me.

Russell - I didn't know anyone else liked to sit and play with the height of the candle flame. I do that a lot when I get board with a meditation.

I still don't know what my strengths are , I'm figuring it out ....:witchbroom:{we need one of these with training wheels}

I do make a fine curry though and people always say they feel better after one of my meals.

I also do a fine rub down!!

You know...it's late here and I"m dog ass tired but this post reminded me of a t-shirt I saw in one of the shops down here in Key West...

I swear to god it REALLY read:

"My sarcasim is my superpower, what's yours?"

My family seems to feel THAT should be my t-shirt LOL!

Oh man, Anjel, I wish I had that shirt when I was...like 13. Went through the biggest teenage sarcasm streak then, lol.

I'm still figuring out my own talents. Been told I'm fairly handy with the tarot but that was a long time ago. Going into psychology has made me a bit more intuitive...or maybe I just realized I was more intuitive than I gave myself credit for? lol

The greatest power witchcraft has granted me is enlightenment. Stripping away the man made wrappings and seeing the universe as it really works. Tapping into the shared subtle energy which flows through all things. The most successful tool I use is necromancy.

Guest Landieth
The greatest power witchcraft has granted me is enlightenment. Stripping away the man made wrappings and seeing the universe as it really works. Tapping into the shared subtle energy which flows through all things. The most successful tool I use is necromancy.

Ooh please elaborate! :)

Hmm.. I'd have to say I'm at my best with spiritual communication (not just the afterlife or entities). It's not something I can turn off, so it is shared with 'best' and 'worst' can chap my ass at times, not to mention a headache. I'm also good with divination and 'reading' energy.. but the first would be my best.

It seems everyday has something new to offer though, and one day one thing feels strong, the next another. Just a matter of putting the effort into it for me.

Guest GreenJack

Apparently I usually arrive in a room with an air of calm and peace although I'm not always feeling it inside! My mother definitely had this 'aura' that used to kind of ease and relax people. If I am developing it, it's late coming, but I'm very grateful and it's something I'd welcome. Other than that I love the healing side of magical workings and know that I've helped people in distress for one reason or another, not necessarily with healing of physical disease, but with their mental ability to cope with whatever nasties (physical or otherwise) are going on around them.

Anjel, love the t-shirt - my favourite had a couple of vultures on the front with 'patience my ass, I'm gonna kill something' - this was my motto for a long time, which is completely at odds with what I've just said about calm and healing!

Russell - I didn't know anyone else liked to sit and play with the height of the candle flame. I do that a lot when I get board with a meditation.

Tiger Lady - Ain't it fun, it's amazing what you find when your not looking. :cheers:

I'd have to say for me it's spirit communication and dream-work. The two run hand in hand with me because I'll often receive messages from different things via my dreams, and like Land said it's not always the dead who are communicating. Sometimes the messages aren't as pleasing as I'd hope, but the vast majority of the time they tell the truth. I've seen things in my dreams that were almost, and sometimes were, frightening when I woke up and came to find things they had prophesied came true. I can't choose who comes to me delivering messages either, they come to me whither I like it or not and I have to try and figure out the messages they bring. The messages are often very cryptic and hard to decipher, although a few have come in the form of a very clear and straightforward conversation.

I've also gotten to the point where in the midst of the dream I step outside of it into other realms and go off exploring. I get to a point where I can control myself and every action I do, but the places I go and the people and things I see there are completely of their own nature. My dreams are generally lucid and I can recall great details of most even back into my childhood. Since I was young I've been doing this, even before I knew anything in the field of witchcraft. I equate it in some cases to a form of astral projection.

A much more mundane thing I've come to be good with over the years has been seeing and working with different energies, in particular the energies that different people give off when going about their day to day lives. I've been able to bring myself to where it's almost like looking inside their head and seeing what they are feeling or what they'll say or do next. In some instances I've even been able to project a sort of thought or feeling back to them, if they are listening to the subtle energies around them. I only do this to a certain degree though. After a point it's just invasion of privacy. Learning how to work with and direct different energies in general though has helped me to better connect myself with everything around me, both nature and the people I interact with.

Sorry that was a bit lengthy. I was in a mood to share a good bit about myself.

Guest Oakbuchanan

One of the things that I view for me as both blessing and curse is feeling energy off people..It can really get in the way of my life sometimes..but Its just the way I am and I embrace it more now than I used to..

Hey Startella,

Russell, I will agree with you there. It is not a gift of that sort, and you know I bet someone could learn it, in their own way if they wanted to. I always saw gifts as not being given to in favor or over someone, I always seen them as coming natural to them. Like Anthony's dream work and communication.

Anjel I love that t-shirt saying! I need one for Rick LOL

Oh and speaking of hexes, ooops I messed up on Rick's son.. so bad, I forgot to be Specific and he landed himself in jail for 120 days unless someone pays his fines of $900 HA! Oh did I say I messed up.... Not on your life!

I'm having a crisis of confidence with my abilities at the minute. :(

Divination/tarot is a top one I suppose.

Anjel, that tshirt sounds perfect lol ! I recently saw a baseball cap online which read " if I want your opinion, I'll read it in your entrails"

I love it, it would be great on a tshirt !

I think everyone is "gifted" with some sort of ability - be it magical or otherwise. Me, I'm really good with numbers - I can remember my phone numbers from more than 20 years ago and I'm usually considered a walking Rolodex.

On the magical side, like GreenJack, I think it would be my healing ability. Not just physically but the mental aspect as well, which is just as important to help the person heal themselves.

Guest Bean Sprite

My gift is plant and fungus communication. I am good at growing plants, keeping ones that are difficult to grow alive and thriving, finding plants that supposedly don't grow in my area, preserving rare species, knowing what a plant is even if it is hard too identify and working with them magickaly and medicinally to the fullest extent.

I know this sounds really mundane, but I take it a step further. I can feel their presence in the fields. I have had great success in mycology finding rare species because I can feel their presence in the site.

I tell my husband the mushrooms are calling (lol) and we hit the road to find them comming back with hoards of mushrooms, when other hunters come up empty handed. I do the same thing with plants and herbs. I sense their specific vibrations and aura colors. i have done it since I was really young. Ask TL, my house looks like a jungle 3/4 of the year.

Archived