Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Bean Sprite

scrying and divination

Guest Bean Sprite

different types of scrying and divination olther than the traditional runes, cards and crystal balls that I have used and wonder if anyone else has. what's your opinion? How was your experiece? What was your favorite?

ceroscopy- scrying with wax.

Blackmirror (witches window)- Scrying with dark colored glass or onyx stone

Tea leaves- Reading tea leaves

Phrenology- reading the surface lumps of the head

palm reading- reading the surfaces of the hands

Smoke scrying

Shell scrying

Cloud scrying

Water scrying, well scrying

Ornithomancy-Divining bird's fling patterns

Dactylomancy-Divining using an old ring

Hakata-Divining bone

Lampadomancy-divining lamp or candle flame

Pessomancy-diving peas and beans

Book scrying (bibliomancy)-scrying by opening a book to a random page with your eayes closed then reading the message that comes to you in the literature.

Lecanomancy-divinig by throwing stones into the water, divining the sound of impact and the ripples made.

My favorite is Dactylomancy, although I use a broach hung from a chain instead of a ring. I use it like you would a pendelum. I've had great success, especially with direct questions.

different types of scrying and divination olther than the traditional runes, cards and crystal balls that I have used and wonder if anyone else has. what's your opinion? How was your experiece? What was your favorite?

ceroscopy- scrying with wax.

Blackmirror (witches window)- Scrying with dark colored glass or onyx stone

Tea leaves- Reading tea leaves

Phrenology- reading the surface lumps of the head

palm reading- reading the surfaces of the hands

Smoke scrying

Shell scrying

Cloud scrying

Water scrying, well scrying

Ornithomancy-Divining bird's fling patterns

Dactylomancy-Divining using an old ring

Hakata-Divining bone

Lampadomancy-divining lamp or candle flame

Pessomancy-diving peas and beans

Book scrying (bibliomancy)-scrying by opening a book to a random page with your eayes closed then reading the message that comes to you in the literature.

Lecanomancy-divinig by throwing stones into the water, divining the sound of impact and the ripples made.

My favorite is Dactylomancy, although I use a broach hung from a chain instead of a ring. I use it like you would a pendelum. I've had great success, especially with direct questions.

I think if you check over in Divinations you'll see something I posted about the various (quite extensive) types of divination.

Guest Bean Sprite

Awesome.... I never would have found that page, unless you told me. (lol)

What is your favorite form?

Here we do greek/turkish coffee. Same way as you do tea, but the coffee is powder like and settles on the bottom. You drink it, swirl the dregs, flip it over and let it dry. I think you get a clearer view with the coffee than the tea and it shows more 'cause it coats most of the cup:)

Oooh, yet another wonderful excuse to drink turkish coffee.

I've done the melted metal once or twice but unfourtunatly you are supposed to do it with lead and I'm not sure how great an idea that is {we used silver solder}

Guest Landieth

Mine by far is my little Pagan's black fur. :)

My second choice would be mirrors and grass, depending on the type of answers I'm looking for.

I love scrying with shells

Pessomancy: the reading of pebbles

Halomancy or Alomancy: the reading of salt

and my favorite but not one that i use, Tiromancy: an odd form of divination utilizing cheese :D

The above are in a book I have called 'The encyclopedia of Ancient and forbidden knowledge' by 'Zolar' 1970. Its actually a very good book, tiny writing and quite heavy going.

But it has a huge list of forms of divination in the back some of them very odd.

@ Soap Fairy

You can do metal scrying with the white metal available in hobby shops for casting of D&D characters and the like. It has a low melting point and is far less toxic than lead.

Brian

Guest Tiger Lady

Of course, my oracle is my favorite. But I also like to use smoke and flame.

Spinney - I'm going to write that book down.

Guest GreenJack

Candle flame works best for me, or I light a fire in a small metal bucket - flames in general, I guess. Sitting in front of a roaring fire makes me very anti-social - go off on all sorts of journeys (ignoring company) not just scrying ones, but I think a lot of folks maybe do that - ?

:blobfire:

Guest Landieth
Candle flame works best for me, or I light a fire in a small metal bucket - flames in general, I guess. Sitting in front of a roaring fire makes me very anti-social - go off on all sorts of journeys (ignoring company) not just scrying ones, but I think a lot of folks maybe do that - ?

:blobfire:

I love it when we light the fireplace. I'd sit in there all night off on some adventure or another if I can. Lol hm.. it's around the time when we start lighting it too..

As far as ignoring company, yeah.. I'm a pretty rude host anyway. That's just me though LOL.