- - - - -

scrying and divination

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bean Sprite_*

Guest_Bean Sprite_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:23 AM

different types of scrying and divination olther than the traditional runes, cards and crystal balls that I have used and wonder if anyone else has. what's your opinion? How was your experiece? What was your favorite?

ceroscopy- scrying with wax.
Blackmirror (witches window)- Scrying with dark colored glass or onyx stone
Tea leaves- Reading tea leaves
Phrenology- reading the surface lumps of the head
palm reading- reading the surfaces of the hands
Smoke scrying
Shell scrying
Cloud scrying
Water scrying, well scrying
Ornithomancy-Divining bird's fling patterns
Dactylomancy-Divining using an old ring
Hakata-Divining bone
Lampadomancy-divining lamp or candle flame
Pessomancy-diving peas and beans
Book scrying (bibliomancy)-scrying by opening a book to a random page with your eayes closed then reading the message that comes to you in the literature.
Lecanomancy-divinig by throwing stones into the water, divining the sound of impact and the ripples made.

My favorite is Dactylomancy, although I use a broach hung from a chain instead of a ring. I use it like you would a pendelum. I've had great success, especially with direct questions.

#2 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:36 AM

different types of scrying and divination olther than the traditional runes, cards and crystal balls that I have used and wonder if anyone else has. what's your opinion? How was your experiece? What was your favorite?

ceroscopy- scrying with wax.
Blackmirror (witches window)- Scrying with dark colored glass or onyx stone
Tea leaves- Reading tea leaves
Phrenology- reading the surface lumps of the head
palm reading- reading the surfaces of the hands
Smoke scrying
Shell scrying
Cloud scrying
Water scrying, well scrying
Ornithomancy-Divining bird's fling patterns
Dactylomancy-Divining using an old ring
Hakata-Divining bone
Lampadomancy-divining lamp or candle flame
Pessomancy-diving peas and beans
Book scrying (bibliomancy)-scrying by opening a book to a random page with your eayes closed then reading the message that comes to you in the literature.
Lecanomancy-divinig by throwing stones into the water, divining the sound of impact and the ripples made.

My favorite is Dactylomancy, although I use a broach hung from a chain instead of a ring. I use it like you would a pendelum. I've had great success, especially with direct questions.

I think if you check over in Divinations you'll see something I posted about the various (quite extensive) types of divination.

#3 soap fairy

soap fairy

fluffy chaos instigator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:30 AM

Whats the name for the one you do with melted metal??
:cloud9: floating through life on a cloud of bubbles

#4 Guest_Bean Sprite_*

Guest_Bean Sprite_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:21 PM

Molybdomancy.

#5 Guest_Bean Sprite_*

Guest_Bean Sprite_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

Awesome.... I never would have found that page, unless you told me. (lol)
What is your favorite form?

#6 The Old Crone

The Old Crone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

Here we do greek/turkish coffee. Same way as you do tea, but the coffee is powder like and settles on the bottom. You drink it, swirl the dregs, flip it over and let it dry. I think you get a clearer view with the coffee than the tea and it shows more 'cause it coats most of the cup:)

#7 soap fairy

soap fairy

fluffy chaos instigator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

Oooh, yet another wonderful excuse to drink turkish coffee.
I've done the melted metal once or twice but unfourtunatly you are supposed to do it with lead and I'm not sure how great an idea that is {we used silver solder}

:cloud9: floating through life on a cloud of bubbles

#8 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:54 PM

Mine by far is my little Pagan's black fur. :)

My second choice would be mirrors and grass, depending on the type of answers I'm looking for.

#9 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:31 AM

I love scrying with shells
Pessomancy: the reading of pebbles
Halomancy or Alomancy: the reading of salt
and my favorite but not one that i use, Tiromancy: an odd form of divination utilizing cheese :D

The above are in a book I have called 'The encyclopedia of Ancient and forbidden knowledge' by 'Zolar' 1970. Its actually a very good book, tiny writing and quite heavy going.
But it has a huge list of forms of divination in the back some of them very odd.

Edited by spinneyhex, 16 November 2008 - 09:34 AM.

#10 lurcher

lurcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:05 PM

@ Soap Fairy
You can do metal scrying with the white metal available in hobby shops for casting of D&D characters and the like. It has a low melting point and is far less toxic than lead.

Brian

#11 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

Of course, my oracle is my favorite. But I also like to use smoke and flame.

Spinney - I'm going to write that book down.

#12 Guest_GreenJack_*

Guest_GreenJack_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:10 AM

Candle flame works best for me, or I light a fire in a small metal bucket - flames in general, I guess. Sitting in front of a roaring fire makes me very anti-social - go off on all sorts of journeys (ignoring company) not just scrying ones, but I think a lot of folks maybe do that - ?
:blobfire:

#13 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:25 AM

Candle flame works best for me, or I light a fire in a small metal bucket - flames in general, I guess. Sitting in front of a roaring fire makes me very anti-social - go off on all sorts of journeys (ignoring company) not just scrying ones, but I think a lot of folks maybe do that - ?
:blobfire:

I love it when we light the fireplace. I'd sit in there all night off on some adventure or another if I can. Lol hm.. it's around the time when we start lighting it too..

As far as ignoring company, yeah.. I'm a pretty rude host anyway. That's just me though LOL.