mini grilled cheese

Guest Lady Velvet

Guest Lady Velvet

I made something yesterday that was a hit, so I thought I would share. I ended up having to feed lunch to 8 people suddenly with no time to have planned. One of the things I did was mini grilled cheese that was a huge hit.

I had 2 loaves of the small bread that you can use for dips, already sliced. I simply coated one side of the bread with butter, and filled the cast iron skillet up, topped with some cheese that I sliced thin on top and then another little bread slice that was buttered on the outside.

Grilled them up like a normal grilled cheese, turning them with a fork because they were tiny and so many in the skillet. Meanwhile I made a salad and got the next round of bread ready to go and the cheese sliced.

Everyone was raving about what a wonderful lunch and how fun it was. I (who am NOT a cook) was impressed with how simple it was and how fast and how they were all smiling.

We love grilled cheese around this house. That sounds like a wonderful party snack to make. That was very clever of you to come up with that so quickly.

Rebie

Actually, quite a healthy lunch! all the carbs and fat you needed and plenty of fiber.

I should actually do that for Mom, since she only likes little bits of food at a time.

I love cheese toasties

Is that what they call grill cheese over on the other side of the pond? I love it! I'm gonna call my grill cheese sammies, cheese toasties from now on. Just had one late last night as a snack, had such a craving that I had to satisfy it, yummy!

Is that what they call grill cheese over on the other side of the pond? I love it! I'm gonna call my grill cheese sammies, cheese toasties from now on. Just had one late last night as a snack, had such a craving that I had to satisfy it, yummy!

Ok sammies???

You MUST be a RR fan :)

Ok sammies???

You MUST be a RR fan :)

Oh GOD NO!! LOL!! I can't stand her! She's soooo annoying! I had a co-worker who would bring us these yummy sandwiches from her husband's Italian eatery, and that's what she called them, so it just stuck with me. :p

Oh GOD NO!! LOL!! I can't stand her! She's soooo annoying! I had a co-worker who would bring us these yummy sandwiches from her husband's Italian eatery, and that's what she called them, so it just stuck with me. :p

ROFLMAO, I find her quite annoying as well.......:handshake:

Guest Lady Velvet
Oh yum, was this using baguette 'french stick'?

I love cheese toasties (am wheat intolorant sadly :( )

YES! thank you, I could not think what they are called. ~laughs~ Like I said not much of a cook.

I am pleased you all will try it, they were really fun!

Archived