Leechcraft

spinney

Now this has to go on my Yule list because its far to expensive for me to buy :(

I do have a lot of this information in my assorted book but its all in bits and pieces so may have to start my own grimoire of it. Would be nice to have it all in one place though.

Leechcraft: Early English Charms, Plantlore and Healing.

Product Description

A comprehensive and detailed examination of every aspect of the early English approach to illness and healing, including a full list of the plants used and the properties they contain. Other themes include witchcraft, magic and paganism and appendices present healing theories, amulets, causes of disease, charms, dreams, omens and tree-lore. Three key Old English texts are reproduced in full, accompanied by new translations: Bald's Third Leechbook, the Lacnunga Manuscript, and 'The Old English Herbarium' Manuscript 5. This is a fascinating work of reference, packed full of information and interesting details.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leechcraft-English-Charms-Plant-lore-Healing/dp/1898281238/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225892597&sr=8-2

Guest WyrdWillow
Leechcraft: Early English Charms, Plantlore and Healing.

Try a used book site like http://www.abebooks.com

I did a search for you and they have it for $40... which would be like ?25, right? They have UK, US, and CA retailers. I have ordered a ton from them, great prices, decent quality, and you are reusing books so it is great for the environment. I got the "Saga of the Icelanders" for $1, LOL... it is like $40 in the store.

Sean, WyrdWillow

Its aboput ?25 used I may ask for it for my birthday.

I hate to give out money on something I have already got would love to have a peek inside it, as I say I have lots of bits and pieces on 'Leechcraft'. Have a great book of remedies from 1669 (its a reprint) from England which I picked up for a pound.