one of my gerbils died

RavenFlyer

A few days ago I noticed my gerbil, john, was loosing weight and not moving like he used too. I tried seperating him from teh other gerbil and giving him his own food and water. And I cam home today from work to find him dead curled up next to his little house in his cage.

I hate that I live in an apartment building and have no yard to speak of. I took him out and put him in a paperbag. I did a small little ritual with herbs and candles for him. I wrapped him and the herbs and oils in the bag. Him and the bag are on my altar. I am burning a white candle for him. I guess at midnight I will go out into the woods behind my apartment and bury him.

Now I only have one gerbil left. :(:cry_witch:

and I am just sitting here crying. i got him when I moved to my new apartment. The gerbils were my onlly company for a while. ANd i already miss him.

Sorry for your loss. At one time I had 9 guinea pigs, now only have 4. I'm dreading when the last 4 go as they are getting to be 4 & 5 yrs old and that is about thier life span. I have made a special little garden for the pigs burials. Lots of flowers on them.

Guest deaths tear

sorry to hear i know loosing pets is hard .... some times harder then family lol .... i know that shouldnt be funny but if you knew some of my family you would understand.

any i have been there we lost 3 cats in 2 years. one of some kinda sickness one from a heart attack and one from a UTI that got out of hand and wasnt able to be fixed without a big vet bill and that wasnt even a for sure thing there. so we put him down.

i still miss my old black kitty calvin

Awe, I am so sorry to hear that. When your pets die it really is heartbreaking sometimes. When my little old hamster died I cried non stop for a week. I went out and bought a gift box and buried her in the communal garden (we lived in a flat) Thankfully, for once my family were understanding about me being so upset but the peeps at work thought it was funny and took the right pi$$! - they had no idea! :-s

Once you have buried him and said a final goodbye it will get easier. Just remember, he knew you. So he knew how much you cared about him and can see what you are doing for him now. I am sure he is still with you on some level. The pain you feel will slowly go and there will come a time where you will eventually be able to remember all the funny things he did and instead of them memories making you feel sad, they will make you laugh.

:hug:

w.

x

I left him wrapped on my altar over night with a white candle burning. And I just came back in from burying him on a mound in the woodds up behind my apartment. I miss seeing him running around on his wheel. and i know my other gerbil is missing him.

Guest Jacquelyn

I'm so sorry for your loss. So often outside people cannot understand the bond between a person and their pet. Sending you {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}!

So sorry to hear about John. :hug: I don't have any pets of my own anymore, I felt I went through enough when my two ferrets died a few months apart, and then my hedgehog, all had lived beyond their normal years so they were old. They fill your life with unconditional love and attention, then it is so heartbreaking when they are gone.

Archived