Ok fess up...

AnjelWolf

I'm putting this in here so that our newbies can participate as well :) :) :)

What is the one thing somebody told you about witchcraft that you TRULY believed UNTIL you did research and later found out they were full of shit?

Everyone be honest and answer :)

This is a great ice-breaker :)

Me?????

Ok...back when I was a child, I was told by some dumb kid that someone declared that witchcraft didn't exist so therefore my mother wasn't witch or my mother, but some crazy hag who kidnapped me!

I went home and asked my mother straight off...who looked at me (after she got herself a drink and light a cigarette! LOL!) as if I was a nutbag!

She shook her head and began to explain about that remark and assured me that yes she was my mother and yes she was a witch and that the next time that kid said anything to me like that again, for me to yank a piece of their hair and bring it home to her so she can resolve the issue once and for all :)

Next...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, mine has to be the same thing, only it was my mother that told me that witches didn't exist.

But the biggest difference between your mother and mine was the sheer terror on my mother's face when I told her I wanted to be one. I was about 8.

That was the first time I was banished LOL!

Guest Landieth
I'm putting this in here so that our newbies can participate as well :) :) :)

What is the one thing somebody told you about witchcraft that you TRULY believed UNTIL you did research and later found out they were full of shit?

Everyone be honest and answer :)

This is a great ice-breaker :)

Me?????

Ok...back when I was a child, I was told by some dumb kid that someone declared that witchcraft didn't exist so therefore my mother wasn't witch or my mother, but some crazy hag who kidnapped me!

I went home and asked my mother straight off...who looked at me (after she got herself a drink and light a cigarette! LOL!) as if I was a nutbag!

She shook her head and began to explain about that remark and assured me that yes she was my mother and yes she was a witch and that the next time that kid said anything to me like that again, for me to yank a piece of their hair and bring it home to her so she can resolve the issue once and for all :)

Next...

Lol, I'd like your mom. :)

ROFL! When I was a little kid I used to think witches could fly after watching Mary Poppins.. (remember I was a little kid..) and I made an umbrella looking thing out of tonker toys when my parents took me to the park, and I walked up to these high schoolers and tried to fly with it.. yeah. That turned out real nice let me tell ya.

And THEN I tried to jump off the top of a ladder and did a belly flop on the ground..

Went hopping around on a broom after having a dream of running down a hill and and flying after getting a head start. So I tried it and flew for about 3 seconds before scraping the skin off my knee.

LOL!.. god. Well I gave that up pretty quick. I've been off the broom for 12 years now! *applause applause*

ugh.. i need a drink.

Well, mine has to be the same thing, only it was my mother that told me that witches didn't exist.

But the biggest difference between your mother and mine was the sheer terror on my mother's face when I told her I wanted to be one. I was about 8.

That was the first time I was banished LOL!

Lol, I'd like your mom. :)

ROFL! When I was a little kid I used to think witches could fly after watching Mary Poppins.. (remember I was a little kid..) and I made an umbrella looking thing out of tonker toys when my parents took me to the park, and I walked up to these high schoolers and tried to fly with it.. yeah. That turned out real nice let me tell ya.

And THEN I tried to jump off the top of a ladder and did a belly flop on the ground..

Went hopping around on a broom after having a dream of running down a hill and and flying after getting a head start. So I tried it and flew for about 3 seconds before scraping the skin off my knee.

LOL!.. god. Well I gave that up pretty quick. I've been off the broom for 12 years now! *applause applause*

ugh.. i need a drink.

ROFLMAO! Next...LOL!

WHICH one???? There are so many... Probably like Land the first one was flying on a broom. I tried with my mother's kitchen broom which was about twice as tall as I was at the time. Didn't just skin my knee, tore my leg up. 40+ years later still have the scar that goes from ankle to knee. Every time I see HP on a broom I cringe, thinking of that time (not to mention that I'm scared of heights, now).

WHICH one???? There are so many... Probably like Land the first one was flying on a broom. I tried with my mother's kitchen broom which was about twice as tall as I was at the time. Didn't just skin my knee, tore my leg up. 40+ years later still have the scar that goes from ankle to knee. Every time I see HP on a broom I cringe, thinking of that time (not to mention that I'm scared of heights, now).

Hehehehe...damn...

yeah me too, I tried the flying thing. And the stepping into a wardrobe to go to another realm thing too. oh and I used to make "potions" out of mud and worms in the garden and make my little brother eat them! lovely. lol.

The craziest would be when I was at school, my religious studies teacher told us all that witchcraft was just another name for a Satanistic sex cult! lol.

w.

x

Oh alright but bear in mind I'm only selecting one thing that was after I realised Witch was the word for who I am. This from my teacher:

Witchcraft is a religion of Love and Bleedin' Enlightenment.

Now one or two of you will know who that comes from but that lady taught me as much about Trad as about Wicca, so not all bad.

Brian

Guest Bean Sprite

When I was 5, I use to think I could be invisible at will. I use to do really bad shit, then say," I'm invisible so you don't know who I am!"

Well, sometimes it worked and sometimes I got my frickin ass busted, but it didn't discourage me. I just figured that I didn't have enough practice. As if this wasn't bad enough, I kept practicing invisibility until I was a preteen. Now, I'm just good at being really quiet.

I still think I can fly my broom and unbrella.(lol)

Well when I was little like 7 I use to get my mom's cigeratte cellophane off her cigs & put grass in it & pretend it was herbs to heal or poison. One time I put some in my mid. sisters food trying to poison her she threw her plate at me laughing that witches were just make believe.

I did the flying thing but on one of those sticks with a horses head. Jumped off the top of the car onto the cement driveway. lol

A few years ago started seriously looking into witchcraft only to find wicca & was told that was what witchcraft is today. Ugh!! Almost turned me completely off.

Sapphire

One thing someone told me when I was young and I found out later after doing research,,,,,, was that you had to be born a witch into a witch family in order to be a real witch. There were only blood witches. I cried and cried cause no one in my family was a witch and I was so sure I was one. And I wanted to be one. I was so glad they were wrong.

Rebie

One thing someone told me when I was young and I found out later after doing research,,,,,, was that you had to be born a witch into a witch family in order to be a real witch. There were only blood witches. I cried and cried cause no one in my family was a witch and I was so sure I was one. And I wanted to be one. I was so glad they were wrong.

Rebie

Aawwww.....isn't it funny how things like that can really get to you??? I"m glad you stuck it out and proved them wrong :)

No one told me but I loved watching Bewitched.....so I always thought IF I could wiggle my nose, I could do anything. The other was lifting my arms up quickly, I'd disappear in a cloud of smoke. So I found out that the smoke doesn't work, but I'm still trying the nose!!! LOL :atoast:

what a great question! I guess the first thing that came to mind was the witches are satan worshippers and all that jazz.

the other thing is the bewitched thing that Morgana mentioned. I can wiggle the nose but never could get things to work the same way. LOL

Oh rebie...I still see that about only real witches are born into from a family line. Since I certainly don't have a family line to come from that I know of, I finally figured I could just be the FIRST of a family line. has to start somewhere now...ha! I do have to say that I have a sneaking suspision that way back in my hungarian family there could be some Roma blood.

Guest Bansheekisses

Nope, when I was 13 or so, I actually believed that people who openly practiced Witchcraft in Covens, burned babies in celebration of a marriage. Yeah, I know. Stupid.

Then there was the broom thing ( as others have said), when I was about 10 I had very interesting prophetic dreams, was told I was a witch by my classmates ( because at that age you dont know that there are things you should shut up about. Plus Hocus Pocus was a huge thing in my school at about that time. Yes I know this dates me) and tried to fly with an old broom of my mothers ( into the wind, because that would give me " lift") from my treehouse. Yep, as you can guess, it didnt work. Boy did I get a nice bruise on my knee though.

Oh, the best ( and you guys will love this) I had been out partying with a Wiccan friend of mine and she claimed to know a guy who could put his hand ( any part of it) into a flame and not get burned and " That was a true test of being a real witch".. Yep. I said " oh yeah! Let me see!" Lesson learned " fingers and lighters are not friends, no matter what religion or beliefs/lifestyle you live, you still burn and the smell of flesh is not pretty!"

Aawwww.....isn't it funny how things like that can really get to you??? I"m glad you stuck it out and proved them wrong :)

Yes, me too. I wish I could see them again to tell them that. LOL.

Rebie

I dove into Wicca and for a long time I believed that real witches are wiccans, and real witches harm none and all that fluffy crap. :bunny3:

You know I think that is probably the biggest misconception there is about witches and witchcraft and truthfully that "illusion" has nothing to do with true witchcraft at all.

Guest Landieth
You know I think that is probably the biggest misconception there is about witches and witchcraft and truthfully that "illusion" has nothing to do with true witchcraft at all.

Lol I agree with that. It's a near world-wide misconception aparantely.

OK Its not really something i believed but was blindsided with. That everything i had been doing was wrong and that i had to worship goddesses and celebrate certain times of year and wear wierd robes etc.

I had been doing witchcraft since my teens and bought a book when i was 30 called 'the real witches handbook', was confused for a bit then threw the book away and carried on as normal.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought they could fly..

Wow, I only did THAT drug once!

I have always been a believer, but that was because of my grandmother.

Once, the SECOND Episcopal priest I ever knew told me that Witches were evil and Satanistic. I replied, "So you don't deny that they exist, then." He told my mother I was a bit precocious. She laughed till she nearly cried.