- - - - -

The use of oils and herbs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bansheekisses_*

Guest_Bansheekisses_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:10 PM

Hello everyone. I wanted to see what you all use oils for as far as divination goes?
I sometimes find myself staring into my simmerings ( which contain oils) and finding the answers I seek, sometimes.
Do you annote mirrors with it? Do you have a paticulare one you use for divination? Do you add oils to your scry bowls?
Do you find certain scents aid in it?

Do any of you do herbal readings? ( Sort of like tea leaves, but with other herbs, not just tea leaves).

I have to run for the moment, but will share my thoughts on the matter and my answers when I get the chance in a couple hours ( got to put the lil one to bed soon-ish first).

#2 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

Hello everyone. I wanted to see what you all use oils for as far as divination goes?
I sometimes find myself staring into my simmerings ( which contain oils) and finding the answers I seek, sometimes.
Do you annote mirrors with it? Do you have a paticulare one you use for divination? Do you add oils to your scry bowls?

Do any of you do herbal readings? ( Sort of like tea leaves, but with other herbs, not just tea leaves).

I have to run for the moment, but will share my thoughts on the matter and my answers when I get the chance in a couple hours ( got to put the lil one to bed soon-ish first).

I do tea leaf readings and blend my own oils for meditations and scrying.

Ther eis one type of oil...7 African Oil that I use alot in my meditations and dream work.

#3 sophiadawn

sophiadawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:27 PM

nope, never did try that. Did try tea leaves once...all I got was tea on my white t-shirt. hehehe

I haven't really tried much scrying either. I do use tarot and runes and pendulum. Will have to try scrying sometime.

#4 Guest_Bansheekisses_*

Guest_Bansheekisses_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

I do herbs and tea leaf readings. I tend to use certain herbs in my teas ( Jasmine, vanilla and a little bit of honey. Maybe some seasonal herb fresh from the garden, or stores around here. Depending on the task at hand.)

I do annote my mirrors with an oil. I tend to mist them with a spray made from water and oils ( the oils are specific to my cause for use.)

I most commonly use vanilla for divination.

I also add oils to my scry bowls. If I am using runes or tarot, I use a mist for my working area.

If I have the time I will make a candle with herbs in it, the same ones I am usually simmering or even oils I am using for my cause.

#5 circelilith

circelilith

Ode to no one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:33 PM

i like to use a tea blend of black tea vanilla and rose petals to help me with tea leaf reading, plus the colours in the cup with the rose petals help me to define messages a bit better ;)

TBH i tend to use the same base scent for a lot of my work, thus if doing any form of divination i will ususally have a rose scented candle or rose oil or lavender. I have also found that (esp in summer) coconut is a wonderful scent to evoke memories, and help with some forms of divination. And its very very easy to meditate on that scent even if u suck at meditation like me ^^

good luck with ur divinations!
circe

"My church is not of silver and gold,
Its glory lies beyond judgement of souls
The commandments are of consolation & warmth
You know our sacred dream won't fail
The sanctury tender and so frail
The sacrament of love
The sacrament of warmth is true
The sacrament is you"
H.I.M

#6 Guest_Bansheekisses_*

Guest_Bansheekisses_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:10 AM

i like to use a tea blend of black tea vanilla and rose petals to help me with tea leaf reading, plus the colours in the cup with the rose petals help me to define messages a bit better ;)

TBH i tend to use the same base scent for a lot of my work, thus if doing any form of divination i will ususally have a rose scented candle or rose oil or lavender. I have also found that (esp in summer) coconut is a wonderful scent to evoke memories, and help with some forms of divination. And its very very easy to meditate on that scent even if u suck at meditation like me ^^

good luck with ur divinations!
circe

I will have to try Coconut. I have used it a few times, but not as a base.

#7 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:22 AM

I have cocnuts growing in my yard here and have often used the mil;k for a basse in my products as well as enjoyed it as a beverage :)

#8 circelilith

circelilith

Ode to no one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:27 AM

fresh coconut milk FTW !!!!! i do love it fresh so much more than the canned stuff. We tend to go through a lot of coconut milk. Although i am absolutely envious of u for having a coconut tree! so lucky ^^

Banshee, i cheat a little when using coconut as a base scent, instead of buying the essencial oil etc. i find that REEF coconut tanning lotion is one of the best scents ever ^^ i use it a bit within my craft work lol...such a cheaty hax !!! but hey it does the job and helps with focus^^

The sacrament of love
The sacrament is you"
H.I.M

#9 Guest_Bansheekisses_*

Guest_Bansheekisses_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:53 AM

fresh coconut milk FTW !!!!! i do love it fresh so much more than the canned stuff. We tend to go through a lot of coconut milk. Although i am absolutely envious of u for having a coconut tree! so lucky ^^

Banshee, i cheat a little when using coconut as a base scent, instead of buying the essencial oil etc. i find that REEF coconut tanning lotion is one of the best scents ever ^^ i use it a bit within my craft work lol...such a cheaty hax !!! but hey it does the job and helps with focus^^

I honestly would never of thought of using that! I know I will be looking a littler closer at it the next time I pass that isle. I wonder what other oils and such are in that?

I too am envious of your having a Coconut tree in the back of your home, Anjelwolf. I know I am trying to grow a peach tree here ( one of those mini kinds) and am hoping to it will blossom this up and coming year.

I find that the more natural stuff I can grow myself, the better. For costs, and because there is nothing more rewarding than harvesting things you have grown yourself.

#10 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:19 AM

I honestly would never of thought of using that! I know I will be looking a littler closer at it the next time I pass that isle. I wonder what other oils and such are in that?

I too am envious of your having a Coconut tree in the back of your home, Anjelwolf. I know I am trying to grow a peach tree here ( one of those mini kinds) and am hoping to it will blossom this up and coming year.

I find that the more natural stuff I can grow myself, the better. For costs, and because there is nothing more rewarding than harvesting things you have grown yourself.

I also have fresh sugarcane growing in my backyard as well :)

#11 circelilith

circelilith

Ode to no one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:35 AM

ooooooooooooh ive gone from envious to jealous!!!!

I remember when i was really really really young ( talking 4) cos we lived in Queensland, we went to the big pineapple ( a tourist atraction with eons of pineapples everywhere) and my parents bought my brother and I a sugar cane to suck on the way home ^^ sugarcane is so much sweeter and nicer fresh on a hot day ^^

The sacrament of love
The sacrament is you"
H.I.M

#12 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:58 AM

Yes it is. I also make sun tea sweetened with it :) I stick a chunk of that and a cinnamon stick in a jar with my herbs and mints then let it sit in the hot sun till everything is blended well :)

#13 circelilith

circelilith

Ode to no one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:50 AM

thats an awesome recipe! i have to try that now ^^ what do u use ur sun tea for ( besides tasing good ;) ) magick wise?
The sacrament of love
The sacrament is you"
H.I.M