The Best Coffee recipes!

Guest Bansheekisses

Guest Bansheekisses

I dont know how many of you drink coffee, but here are some wonderful alternatives to drinking the same ole coffee every day and is much cheaper than going to starbucks, timmy's or a specality coffee shop..

ENJOY!!!

Coffee Float ( serves 4)

Ingrediants:

2 1/2 cups strong coffee

2 teaspoons sugar

2/3 cup cream

4 scoops of coffee flavored ice cream

1 large bottle of Coke

Method:

Sweeten coffee with sugar, and chill

Mix coffee and cream

Fill 4 glasses half full

Add one scoop of ice cream to each glass

Top with coke

Mocha Cinnamon shake

Ingrediants

1 cup brewed gourmet coffee at room temperature

1 cup chocolate ice cream

1 cup milk

1 cup crushed ice

2 cinnamon sticks

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Method

Combine the gourmet coffee, ice cream, milk and crushed ice in a blender. Blend it until it is all combined and serve. Pour into two mugs and add cinnamon sticks. Makes 2 servings

Chocolate Pumpkin Coffee

Ingrediants

1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1/2 tsp honey

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp all spice

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp ground ginger

1 Egg

1/2 cup cream

non stick baking spray or oil of your choice

Method

In a pot, put non stick agent, an egg and chocolate into it and slowly melt. Slowly adding the cream.

After melted, add the spices and honey.

Make yoru coffee as normal, but instead of making an entire pot, make only half. Put the contents into the pot, and let coffee perk into it slowly and stir before pouring into mug and sweeten/add milk as desired.

I find this is the greatest recipe for the fall. It helps get me into the mood for halloween.

Guest Jacquelyn

These are showing my roots. My grandmother has made them both since I was a child. Enjoy!

CAFE CON LECHE

This could really be called leche con cafe--most kiddos love it, at least I did and so do my girls.

strong coffee

whole milk

cinnamon sticks

sugar

Brew a good strong coffee. I like using an espesso roast or french roast personally. Warm up whole milk (2% works but whole is much yummier) with a cinnamon stick (you can do this on the stove or in the microwave) until its good and hot. now mix 2/3 milk to 1/3 coffee. Use the cinnamon stick for stirring in your sugar.

Once a year my mom and Grandmother (and now I) make tamales. I have the fondest memories of returning home from school and having a plate of fresh tamales (eaten with the fingers- no fork) and a mug of cafe con leche as an afterschool snack. Both mom and Mammaw have the same memory as children and I hope mine will too. This is a must with fresh tamales if you can get them!

CAFE DE OLLA

Dark roasted coffee

Cinnamon (use the Mexican variety called canela if you can get it)

Anise seed

Sweeten with Piloncillo (the unrefined cone shaped brown sugar used in Mexico)

Some people like to add a square of dark chocolate or orange zest. to theirs.

Here are the official recipes I found from the net for those of you who like exact measurements...

MEXICAN CAFE CON LECHE

Ingredients

Coffee, milk, sugar ? and cinnamon ? a South-of-the-border drink frequently served with breakfast.

• 1/3 cup freshly ground coffee
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • Sugar to taste

Directions

Grind the coffee and brew in a French Press . Place the milk and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove the cinnamon sticks with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pour the coffee and milk into a large, wide latte cup, add a cinnamon stick and sugar to taste. 2 servings.

CAFE DE OLLA

I N G R E D I E N T S

4 cups water

1/2 cup piloncillo (or dark brown sugar)

4 cinnamon sticks (canella, a shaggier, flavorful cinnamon)

2/3 cups freshly ground, dark roasted, coffee beans.

Aniseeds (optional) I N S T R U C T I O N S

Heat the water, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan, stirring frequently. Bring the mixture to a boil making sure to stir until the sugar is dissolved. Continue to boil for 20 minutes until the mixture is reduced by a quarter. Add the ground coffee and stir until the mixture returns to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and allow to stand for at least five minutes. Strain the mixture using a fine sieve or a double layer of cheesecloth. Pour into mugs and server while hot. Top with a few aniseeds if you like.

Guest Bansheekisses

I love Cafe De Olla. I had it when I was in Texas. I have tried MANY MANY recipes for it, but have not been able to get the right results.

I am going to give this recipe a try and see if I can tinker with it to get the right taste.

Thanks Jacquelyn.

• 1 month later...

Now I have to admit, I have done various things to coffee over the years but one of my faves is still keeping some cardamon pods in with my ground coffee and putting the whole lot through the expresso maker {Very good if you're going to make double brewed } Then serve with cream and brown sugar.

Another really nice one is make cinnamon coffee with condensced milk {awful stuff I know but it's the only one that freezes well}

Pour it into ice lolly molds and put in the freezer when cool.

I've got some coffee biscuit recipes somewhere {biscuits to have with coffee} I'll try and find them..

Guest Landieth
Now I have to admit, I have done various things to coffee over the years but one of my faves is still keeping some cardamon pods in with my ground coffee and putting the whole lot through the expresso maker {Very good if you're going to make double brewed } Then serve with cream and brown sugar.

Another really nice one is make cinnamon coffee with condensced milk {awful stuff I know but it's the only one that freezes well}

Pour it into ice lolly molds and put in the freezer when cool.

I've got some coffee biscuit recipes somewhere {biscuits to have with coffee} I'll try and find them..

I actually LOVE condensed evaportaed milk in my coffee. :) I'll try the frozen recipe you gave too. I shouldn't be drinking coffee but I've already had like 3 cups today! LOL WOo! :crazy: