Any special plans this Samhain?

Jaime

I'm thinking of visiting one of the oldest graveyards in town and walking around, sort of mingling with the locals.

What's everybody preparing (generally, not to personal, though as this is the public playground ;) )

J

I'm thinking of visiting one of the oldest graveyards in town and walking around, sort of mingling with the locals.

What's everybody preparing (generally, not to personal, though as this is the public playground ;) )

J

I'm planning on having a "dumb supper" in honor of my ancestors.

I'm going to sit down and give some sort of sacrifice to my ancestors and other spirits I've worked with in the past year. It's my way of saying thanks for helping me when I call upon them, and hope they will again if I need them.

Ya know, I haven't given it much thought. If the path to my altar is clear, probably leaving an offering for my ancestors. Maybe having a bonfire, if it doesn't rain.

As requested moved to Chit-chat.

As for Samhain, I am a bit torn this year. Granny wants to do a ritual in the garden around the apple tree again. I am not keen as I wanted to do some solitary work around the fire, which I will light for the first time on Samhain. I might be able to combine the two but still negotiating!

I am going to do what I usually do for Samhain. Fix my treats for the family, fix a meal that can be left simmering on the stove so all can eat at their own leisure. Usually chili or gumbo. I will set up my dumb supper altar and invite my ancestors to come and visit. I will take my son trick or treating and then when we get back light the firepit and sit around it with kids. Roast marshmellows or something. Then when little one goes to bed I will do some divination and talk to my spiritual visitors.

Rebie

Being in the marching band and being the Drum Major ( leader and conductor ) I have a friggen football game the night of Samhain.

I will finish prepping the garden for winter, then passing out the non Chinese goodies for the wee ones. All my goodies will com from Hershey PA. I am getting all dark chocolate this year.

I will finish prepping the garden for winter, then passing out the non Chinese goodies for the wee ones. All my goodies will com from Hershey PA. I am getting all dark chocolate this year.

MMMMMMMM, wish I lived close enough to trick or treat at your house.

Rebie

Me too! Dark is my favourite! YUM! (sorry for the drool)

J

Guest Bansheekisses

Pictures of my loved ones, lots of white candles, some jasmine incence, some celtic flute/harp music and some meditation in a circle of leaves in my room. Yes, I am bringing the out of doors in this year. No one but me and my son will be home and I dont want to go out and leave him by himself in the house after dark. For obvious reasons. Then before midnight I will be jumping in the tub with some salts and oils to do some soul cleansing ( as I do every year) to refresh my spirit.

I am getting all dark chocolate this year.

:munch:

Since October 31st is a dear friend's birthday, I'll be celebrating with him early, then giving some thanks to the ancestors & spirits (that's not firmed up, yet).

Archived