what was the worst book you've read on witchcraft/wicca?

Dawn

Several years ago I read Celtic Women's Spirituality by Edain McCoy, thankfully I checked it out from the library instead of spending money on it. It should have been titled "Wicca for Wannabe-Irishwomen". :rolleyes_witch:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these authors I've never heard of. Fate helped me. lol. I tend to stay with books on herbs, historical etc., now I do have a book, that I'm so sure it gives me the path badge of " Gullible Travels " somewhere in my library.:rolleyes_witch: I'll have to go check... I'm embarassed with myself ! But since we're all self arriving at different intervals, I don't mind a ribbing from any of you. I'll edit this later... lol.

Regards,

Gypsy

"What Witches Do" author Stewart Farrar, published 1971. A journalist and practicing witch reveals how a modern coven of witches practices it's ancient art and religion today. Including rites and invocations never before published.

I should of stopped at the word religion, but no.. I made it to chapter 2 . The Roots of Modern Wicca.:rolleyes_witch:

My husband wanted to reply too...He says the "Gothic Grimoire" by Konstantinos. He had the displeasure of having a yahoo chat with this man and without getting in to the personal stuff they discussed, he told my husband that he needed to cut himself to bleed out all his bad energy. He then sent him his book.. Alot of of weird and disturbing crap in that book. We both voted it BS and moved it to the crap section of the bookshelf.

We were discussing what to do with these books last night and we decided to keep them. They would be good eduacational tools for children when they are of the right age. The theory is to bring them up with our beliefs and then give them some crap books to read to show them the type of people that are in this community, that you need to think for your self, and why you need to keep your path to yourself and not use it as a fashion trend, to gain friends, or to rebel at school. In other words we want to raise witches who are level headed and based in reality.

• 8 months later...

OMG there are so many. A real bady was WITCH by Fiona Horne

Before I get to my actual post, I just want to say that I do understand why people find her to be fluffy or insincere and now I do think she has become a Celebriwiccan and not what she originally claimed to be and YES she is quite fake (given she preached natural mind/natural body and she has 2 rather large unnatural adornments on her chest) I did want to say something in her defense (I can hear the shocked gasps now).

Her book "Witch: A Personal Journey" was one of the first books on Witchcraft I bought when I decided to reconnect with my interest in witchcraft. It is an easy read and for someone in the Southern Hemisphere where books on southern witchcraft can be quite rare, I found it interesting. It was nice to read about some one's path, how they got there, what they learned on the way and just the personal perspective.

Her later works are not something I would recommend to others since she is some one who changes her mind every other day now and is more concerned with celebrity status than actually practising her craft but her first book was quite helpful a few years ago to me. It lead me to other paths, others areas of interest and to traditional witchcraft.