In the news (wiccan gets upset about something......again)

spinney

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58142

she?s been studying witchcraft since she was a child, and says it?s her way of life.

?We?re not casting spells against people, we?re just worshipping the moon, the goddess, the Earth,? she said. ?Just like the Christians, Muslims, people have their own religion.?

I'm not sure Whether a new age goddess worshipping wiccan has much to do with Witchcraft of old, I certainly dont believe that there were wiccans around in the times they burned or hung witches so not sure whether she can say that her religion is being mocked etc.

Though I do find this quite a tasteless thing. I wish wiccans would not call themselves witches it would stop a lot of confusion.

Oh what a mixed up world we live in :sickwitch:

From what the guy was reported saying, I dont see the big deal. Who knows he may be a witch in hiding & this is his way of memorilizing or whatever that time period.

Its just a fucking halloween decoration, no different then the mass produced witches with brooms flying int otrees that people tack up around my area every halloween.

Sapphire

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58142

I'm not sure Whether a new age goddess worshipping wiccan has much to do with Witchcraft of old, I certainly dont believe that there were wiccans around in the times they burned or hung witches so not sure whether she can say that her religion is being mocked etc.

Though I do find this quite a tasteless thing. I wish wiccans would not call themselves witches it would stop a lot of confusion.

Oh what a mixed up world we live in :sickwitch:

(sighs) Someone wants to be breast fed now don't they?! LOL!

Guest Bansheekisses

What a stupid article! It made me feel like reaching through the screen and slapping the face attatched to the woman that is making such a ruckass over nothing!

I find it fun and interesting. It gave me a giggle. I was not at all offended.

I hang ghosts and witches from things all the time.(If you ever see a scarecrow witch, she fastens to things at the neck and at her bottom, well the bottom snap latch thing is broken and I need to fix it. SO I litterally have a witch on my step railing hanging from her neck. )

I hang those plastic bag ghosts by thier heads, but I dont see anyone complaining here about it.

I think this woman is somewhat nutzy faygan. I have asked a few of my other friends who live in Mass if they find it offensive and they say no as well. They do find her offensive though, because she is making a big deal out of nothing.

I think it's just her way of getting her 10 minutes of fame.

I think it's just her way of getting her 10 minutes of fame.

Agreed. Breast feed and don't forget to burp! (I quit changing diapers years ago.)

Good lord that lady needs to get a life and get upset over serious issues (i.e. apartheid, etc...)

But did anyone else not recognize the mask he had for the witch. It was a Hilary Clinton mask. Perhaps he is making a political statement as well. LOL

Good lord that lady needs to get a life and get upset over serious issues (i.e. apartheid, etc...)

But did anyone else not recognize the mask he had for the witch. It was a Hilary Clinton mask. Perhaps he is making a political statement as well. LOL

Ha, I did not notice that. LOL

Rebie

Guest Bansheekisses

I looked at the mask again, and thought there is a slight likeness to the woman who is complaining( its in the mouth area that I see the likeness.) Maybe that is why her pants are on fire?

I hate to say this {no body :blobfire:me pleeaase} but I do think the decoration is a tad tasteless simply because it's actually done to look like a real person and is in a noose. I would find it a bit upsetting because I've had to deal with patients hanging themselves.

Other than that though....hmmm she's not really making a great argument for herself is she? I think some of the muslims/people from differnt ethnicities that I know would be upset because it's not REALLY a hate crime is it? when someone chucks a brick through her window or burns offensive words into her lawn well then we'll talk.

If it was me I would have just popped round next door and had a quiet polite word, maybe offered to buy a replacement halloween decoration?

She really seems like she's going for the moment in the spot light..

Ha I had to do a double take can't tell. Anyho this lady really needs to get a life, too much spot light.

As for the realism well, I understand the point you make Soap. I try to make sure any of my things are not real to life, if they want to see that the kids can go to a haunted house. I have more fun making them look fun and scary rather than real.

Guest Bansheekisses
Ha I had to do a double take can't tell. Anyho this lady really needs to get a life, too much spot light.

As for the realism well, I understand the point you make Soap. I try to make sure any of my things are not real to life, if they want to see that the kids can go to a haunted house. I have more fun making them look fun and scary rather than real.

I am with you on making it fun for the kids. I dont think any of think any of the kids would even be phased much by it.

As for the realism, I can see what you mean about it being a bit odd to go for a real looking mask.

makes me slightly wonder if there isn't a bit of an attempt to intimidate going on? {if so why isn't she standing up for herself better...oh yeah right sorry , the moon and the sun don't approve of that...}

Oh please, I've seen more violent things on the backs of cereal boxes. It's a halloween decoration, I wouldn't expect to see much less. Some of the decorations I've seen in stores are 100's of times more gruesome than that, and more realistic. If she wants to take the visually obscene route I suggest she take a trip to her local shopping mall. All this fluffiness has to die.

:wiccanpie: :wiccanpie: :wiccanpie: :wiccanpie: :wiccanpie: :wiccanpie: :wiccanpie:

Even if she wants to take the religious intolerance route, I don't see how that could be taken as an expression of hatred toward her or anyone. First of all it's on his property, not hers, and furthermore, for a holiday that is based on depictions of death, I don't see anything different in this than any other halloween decoration out there other than the fact he made it himself. I see things like this every year around this time. People actually compete to see who can come up with the better display.

I think this lady is just in it for the publicity stunt, and to shovel her beliefs out there for everybody else to see. It seems that wiccan types are pretty good for doing that anyway, why shouldn't she have her go at it?

:thinking:You know now that I think about it, does anyone see the irony in the fact that her last name is Lynch? I don't know, I'm just throwing it out there.

Archived