• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Thistle

Thistle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

A web page hosted by The Root Doctor who is actually Swedish. This makes me so happy since he is the distributor for Lucky Mojo in Scandinavia YAY!!
He has some great information on nordic folk magic:

http://www.therootdoctor.se/Other.html

#2 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

A web page hosted by The Root Doctor who is actually Swedish. This makes me so happy since he is the distributor for Lucky Mojo in Scandinavia YAY!!
He has some great information on nordic folk magic:

http://www.therootdoctor.se/Other.html

very interesting! :)

#3 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:28 PM

I really enjoyed reading this one. I like the spell to heal a person using the egg and urine along with the ants. I am going to try that one. It made sense to me. Thank you for sharing.
Rebie

#4 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:24 AM

This was pretty neat! :) Thanks for posting this!

#5 soap fairy

soap fairy

fluffy chaos instigator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:49 AM

The bit about measuring caught my eye because theres an early xtian tradition of measuring a person who's dying and offering that length or several times that length of something to a saint if they live {eg candles, fabric, land, pilgramge especially round a church on the knees} I wonder if that's where it comes from or it's related.
:cloud9: floating through life on a cloud of bubbles

#6 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

I found this quite interesting and much in line with some of the things I do, particularly the parts about the river, tree spirits, evil eye, and "Arsgang" or walking the year. I will always take a walk out in nature on a day I feel is magical to just get a feel for things and it is usually around the soltices or equinoxes. This is stuff I have never been taught and just feel a need to do or have beliefs about. My G. Grandmother's family was from Norway so I find it fascinating that I already have much in common with the ways from that area.

#7 odahviing

odahviing

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Wow, thanks for the link. Can't believe I've missed this.

Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!