True Blood

Dark Phoenix

Hey all,

Okay ever since I was basically born I have been fasinated with Vampires. HBO has made this new series called True Blood where the world's Vampire population has come out of the coffin so to speak, after the Japanese created synthetic blood. The Vampires try to live off of this rather than feeding off their human counterparts. This demonstrates similar issues America has faced with blacks, hispanics, homosexual, etc. Many people embrace their Vampire neighbors while others despise them. I love this show and follow it religiously! Anyone else share my love of this show or even Vampires in general?

Joe :cool_witch:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest panther

Anything with Vampires gets my full attention and always has done. I cant explain why but they just fascinate me. As for watching that programme, we dont have a tv!

One day when I'm rich and famous, I really do have to get HBO - lol... I used to get showtime for 13 weeks a year (then cancel it) so I could watch the L Word, but believe it or not, it actually works out cheaper to buy each season's DVD's when they come out than it does to have 13 weeks of Showtime

Guest Dreamwalker

I tried to watch the first episode, but I wasn't captured... maybe i was put off by the awful southern accents? I dunno if you guys like it though maybe I should give it another shot...

Speaking of Vampires I just started reading/am already almost done with the Twilight series and I'm just devouring it! (so to speak)

I tried to watch the first episode, but I wasn't captured... maybe i was put off by the awful southern accents? I dunno if you guys like it though maybe I should give it another shot...

Speaking of Vampires I just started reading/am already almost done with the Twilight series and I'm just devouring it! (so to speak)

Hey! I got a southern accent buddy! LOL!

I love vampire shows too and I was really happy when this one started. I try to watch as many vampire shows as I can including Buffy, Angel and Moonlight. For those that don't have HBO the show is based on the books by Charlaine Harris.

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Until-Southern-Vampire-Mysteries/dp/0441008534/ref=rcx_ser_title?ie=UTF8&s=books

Edited by Thistle

Guest Dreamwalker

no no lol! nothing wrong with southern accents! I am from Louisiana I have one too! I just meant that the ones on tv are so terribly inaccurate to the charming ones we have in real life!

Guest Perizada

:blobfire:Yeah, what's wrong with southern accents...I am from the South!

I have always loved Vampires....I was a kid who watched "Dark Shadows!"....and when other girls had pop stars pics in their lockers...I had Barnabus Collins! I liked Buffy but loved Angel! I also loved all the Anne Rice books in the series "Interview With a Vampire!".....I just loved Lestat in them! And Antonio Banderas as Armand in the movie...yum! Last year I fell for Moonlight....and drat that got cancelled! I wish I had HBO, I would surely watch "True Blood"....but we have Direct TV and with Tivo's it gets expensive enough without it!:howl-moon:

I was a kid who watched "Dark Shadows!"....and when other girls had pop stars pics in their lockers...I had Barnabus Collins!

You, too? We used to have "Dark Shadows" parties. Somewhere in my old scrapbooks I have a photo with me & Jonathan Frid at a convention. My girlfriend (who had HBO ages ago) also sent me tapes of the two movies. Watching them now is very nostalgic!

Guest Bansheekisses

I dont know. This series just has not yet caught my attention. It seems to be missing something to me. Yet, I have a couple friends who are already addicted!

Has anyone read the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire mysteries on which this HBO series is based? Are the books any good?????

I kept meaning to pick up the books, but now that I'm into the show I'll wait to read them until after the series is off-air.

Guest Bansheekisses

The books are alright.She is a pretty good author. I didnt hate her books, and I didnt go ga-ga over them either. They were just, decent reading that didnt make me want to put a pencil through my eyes out of boredom.

If you have time to read, I do think they are worth a read. At least pick up the first book. It is a good indicator of the quality of the series.

Remember folks, sometimes your local library is your best friend for these kinds of things.

Sample before you buy.:thumbsup:

Has anyone read the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire mysteries on which this HBO series is based? Are the books any good?????

• 1 month later...
Hey all,

Okay ever since I was basically born I have been fasinated with Vampires. HBO has made this new series called True Blood where the world's Vampire population has come out of the coffin so to speak, after the Japanese created synthetic blood. The Vampires try to live off of this rather than feeding off their human counterparts. This demonstrates similar issues America has faced with blacks, hispanics, homosexual, etc. Many people embrace their Vampire neighbors while others despise them. I love this show and follow it religiously! Anyone else share my love of this show or even Vampires in general?

Joe :cool_witch:

We don't get HBO in UK I dont think... but wish we did lol! I have a really deep fascination with vampires..and anything of that ilk...such a shame...might have to move across the pond lol!

Guest Landieth

I so need to get HBO. This show sounds pretty cool! I hope they come out with a seaon of it soon.. that's how I've got Carnivale (which I love, and am about to watch.. if I don't find Adams Family first.) :) Sounds neat.

• 2 weeks later...

I love love LOVE this show, i have a friend who is a trucker and when he gets a chance to watch we get to watch them together (well on the phone) this has to be one of the best "renditions" of vampire folklore if you will. When i have free time i like to read/watch about vampire lore mainly but do have other interests. They make it look quite real which is hard to do with any mythological race, species, being etc. I cant wait for season 2.