Witches All

Guest Landieth

Guest Landieth

Ran a search on here and couldn't find a thread on this (correct me if I'm wrong!)

I bought the 1977 version of this book Witches All - Prepared and edited by Elizabeth Pepper and John Wilcock.

There's a 1997 updated version from Elizabeth Pepper, and found a nice preview of it.

http://books.google.com/books?id=u4E1sZLzi5wC&pg=PA3&lpg=PA3&dq=Witches+All+A+treasury+from+past+editions+of+The+Witches'+Almanac&source=web&ots=-vWh3hS5ii&sig=Bub5kJWK0RQmV-e9pSZW87aVX0c&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result#PPP1,M1

I didn't look over the preview of the updated version, but I do like most of the material in the original. It does try to term The Old Ways as Wicca, but is not fluffy IMO. It's not a full how-to book, and anyway I found it to be simply a nice read. It also contains some nice illuminating pictures such as Woodcuts from De Laniis, paintings, and Departure for the sabbat by Hans Baldung (one of my personal favs when it comes to classic metaphysical art). It even contains an excerpt from the Folk-Lore Record on 'Notorious Beasts', which I found to be very interesting.

Over all, I'd give this a 4/5.

Ran a search on here and couldn't find a thread on this (correct me if I'm wrong!)

I bought the 1977 version of this book Witches All - Prepared and edited by Elizabeth Pepper and John Wilcock.

There's a 1997 updated version from Elizabeth Pepper, and found a nice preview of it.

http://books.google.com/books?id=u4E1sZLzi5wC&pg=PA3&lpg=PA3&dq=Witches+All+A+treasury+from+past+editions+of+The+Witches'+Almanac&source=web&ots=-vWh3hS5ii&sig=Bub5kJWK0RQmV-e9pSZW87aVX0c&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result#PPP1,M1

I didn't look over the preview of the updated version, but I do like most of the material in the original. It does try to term The Old Ways as Wicca, but is not fluffy IMO. It's not a full how-to book, and anyway I found it to be simply a nice read. It also contains some nice illuminating pictures such as Woodcuts from De Laniis, paintings, and Departure for the sabbat by Hans Baldung (one of my personal favs when it comes to classic metaphysical art). It even contains an excerpt from the Folk-Lore Record on 'Notorious Beasts', which I found to be very interesting.

Over all, I'd give this a 4/5.

Hmmm...I aven't heard of this book...but will look for it now :) Thanks :)

Archived