- - - - -

Mystic Dreamer Tarot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kathrina_*

Guest_Kathrina_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:17 PM

Last night I went to Barnes and Noble in search of a new tarot deck. The one I have is old and worn out, so now I am going to part with it. After all, we are always learning and I feel that it is time for a change.

I bought the Mystic Dreamer Tarot deck.

ISBN 978-0-7387-1436-3

It actually was the only tarot deck that jumped out at me when I had scanned the twenty-something decks on the shelf. Has anyone used this deck or have seen it before. I'm interested in any opinions. I think this deck is beautiful and I really like how there is instructions on using the tarot for dream work and divination.

#2 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

Last night I went to Barnes and Noble in search of a new tarot deck. The one I have is old and worn out, so now I am going to part with it. After all, we are always learning and I feel that it is time for a change.

I bought the Mystic Dreamer Tarot deck.

ISBN 978-0-7387-1436-3

It actually was the only tarot deck that jumped out at me when I had scanned the twenty-something decks on the shelf. Has anyone used this deck or have seen it before. I'm interested in any opinions. I think this deck is beautiful and I really like how there is instructions on using the tarot for dream work and divination.

I looked up the deck http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mystic-dream/ for those insterested.

I think the deck is lovely. It might even be one that I would look into myself. I read the review and found it interesting, mainly because of the dream work. I had one deck that used real people and computer generated images and hated that deck.. so I am cautious.

“Draco Dormien Nuquam Titillandus”
(Never Tickle A Sleeping Dragon)

#3 DeviousMousie

DeviousMousie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:38 PM

I think it's stunning but it doesn't really speak to me. Though I'm glad you found something that will work for you. Let us know how you like them once you've read with them. :witch2:

#4 Guest_Kathrina_*

Guest_Kathrina_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for the link, Star. I am also not fond of having real people on my deck, but the pictures are nicely done at least.

And yes, DeviousMousie, I am going to get a feel for them and see how it works out. There are plenty of decks out there and I have not bought one in years, so I don't mind trying to find a new deck if this is not the one for me. :vhappywitch:

#5 Deb13b

Deb13b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:46 PM

Let us know your feelings as you study this deck. It is one I have had my eye on for a while.

#6 Guest_Kathrina_*

Guest_Kathrina_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:56 AM

I wanted to give an update and I have to say that I'm really happy with the deck. I also just wanted to give a little more info about this deck just in case anybody else would be interested.

The picture on each card is nicely detailed and the book teaches 22 spreads and 2 ways to use the deck for dream work. The book also asks you to use your intuition by asking 2- 3 questions after the meaning of each card. This helps you to really think about the individual card and use your gut instincts for readings.

Here is a link for the deck to see the cards in detail: http://www.llewellyn...tic_dreamer.pdf

After I shuffled the cards, I usually do what I have done with other decks. I think about something or someone and pick a card out from the deck. Sure enough everytime I picked out a card it described the person or situation I was thinking about, which was great.:grin_witch:

So, that's my review on The Mystic Dreamer Tarot.

Edited by Kathrina, 08 October 2008 - 04:59 AM.