The first notice of gremlins...

AnjelWolf

Gremlins are well known throughout history to be quite mischievous in nature. The name "gremlin" is thought to be a blend of "Grimms Fair Tales" and the word "Fremlin" (the only beer that was given to airmen).

The first actual recording of gremlin sighting came from those in the Royal Naval Air Service in Great Britain 9during World War 1/1914-1918), then again by the Royal Air Force crews that were stationed in India during the 1920's.

It was reported that these highly mischievous creatures took pleasures in creating havoc with the aircraft engines (it was reported that they would make their homes in burrows, located at the edge of the airfields).

Although the physical description of these gremlins varied, it was all agreed that they had no wings, but loved flying and would often hitch rides on the airplanes. There were two types of gremlins, the plane ones and the ground ones. Both loved to create havoc.

The ones on the planes, they would create havoc by playing with the controls and/or causing engine failure, while the ones on the ground would cause the airfield to rise and/or sink, as a plane was coming in to land.

Ronald Dahl, served in the British Royal Air Force at the beginning of World War 11, then later became the author of his first novel titled "The Gremlins" (published in 1943).

Today these creatures have infested nearly every corner imaginable of the world and continue to pester the human race by creating their endless havoc and mischief.

Brings to mind an old episode of "The Twilight Zone". Think it had Bill Shatner in it but I remember a passenger on a plane seeing a gremlin on the wing.

I think they've moved from aircraft to computers (keeping up with the times, dont'cha know).

I remember seeing that show. It was on the wing.

Rebie

Brings to mind an old episode of "The Twilight Zone". Think it had Bill Shatner in it but I remember a passenger on a plane seeing a gremlin on the wing.

I think they've moved from aircraft to computers (keeping up with the times, dont'cha know).

I remember that episode with Shatner. I have seen other shows too with gremlins in them. I still think that gremlins are reaking havoc with airplanes, although they may not be seen I think they still are playing their games. Like that well know man (cant remember his name, right now) who they have only found his id some $100 bills in CA. Here is a man who had about 50 years of flying under his belt and he just crashes and disapears.. his plane and his body can't be found. For all we know they could have been the ones who downed that plane with those from that band? or even helped bringing down the Kenndy plane???

I also agree with Mountain Witch too, I think we also have gremlins in our or around our computers too. Maybe a newer breed of some sort, since they do like to play with instruments and electrical things.

The twilight zone episode i've seen has John Lithgow as the guy going nuts with the gremlin - freaky looking gremlin too.

My mother says that we have a guardian spirit that looks after us in the family and he's small and kinda ugly like a gremlin - apparently his name is mook, my mum caught me one day talking to no one on the floor and she asked me who i was talking to and i said mook, so that's where the name comes from.

Anyway i've seen him around a bit and he's a cheeky thing, he's thrown vases at my husband lol!! but we think he looks like a gremlin because my dad used to make models years ago and one of them was the gremlin spike from the movies. He put it all together (about 2 foot tall it was, i think ) and glued it with areldite(spelling?) and locked it in his hobby room. The next morning i woke up and he was yelling and carrying on at me about something and i had no idea what he was on about, then i found out that during the night something got into the locked room and tore it apart - stuck it's ears in it's head the wrong way around, put it's head on a cupboard, took all it's limbs off and put them all over the room and upended the torso!! Dad thought that my brother or i had done it but then my mum reminded me that the room was still locked when he went in there just a second ago and we were too small to reach the lock......so we reckon that mook took offence to us 'replacing' him or another gremlin in his territory, lol!!