• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 ScyldisBlackbriar

ScyldisBlackbriar

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

Wow, what a great thread! I'm finally gearing up to making a black scrying mirror for some upcoming spirit work with ancestors and wanted to see what others were saying about mirrors in general because I've historically difficult experiences with them that have been holding me back.

I have always had a feeling that keeping mirrors in the bedroom was a (literal) invitation for trouble, but also find it interesting that someone uses their bedroom mirror for astral travel. Makes total sense, if they can come in, why couldn't we go out that way?

I'm fascinated and feeling very validated by reading the experiences of folks who have issues with mirrors at night- and BATHROOM mirrors in particular! Why is this?I clean my bathroom mirrors more often than any other mirrors or windows in my home... though, when I do house cleansing I will put up wards for most of these entry points, but somehow always forget about the bathroom.

When I was in my early teens I lived in a new-construction house in a semi-rural area that was full of hostile energy/spirits, and one evening I had an experience with an entity in my bathroom mirror that I sensed and saw in my mind and it scared the living shit out of me. It wasn't until many years later, a an adult, that something drew me to stare into my eyes in the bathroom mirror, and at some point I got a sense that I wasn't looking at myself, I looked hollow and and similar to what someone else said, like something sinister was there just mimicking me. So right, when I need to go to the bathroom at night I do my business in the dark and then duck beneath the mirror when I wash my hands. Haha!

In the past, when I wasn't performing regular cleansings I also had negative visions and sensations in baths/showers and I wonder if this might have to do with an accumulation of negative energy in bathroom drains? I know that gross stuff tends to fester in drains, as they are harder to thoroughly clean (physically and energetically), but I'm now wondering if the fact that they physically connect to other places, if they are also a sort of entry-point? (and what kind of entities would choose to come out of a drain??) What do you all think?

So mirrors are both windows and portals to and from the spirit world. Black mirrors are primarily for scrying- if used for spirit evocation/manifestation, can the spirit cross through? I'm curious about someone crossing over unnoticed and then not able to return if the cloth has been draped over it again.

#82 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:16 PM

Black mirrors are portals just as much as any mirror, possibly more so.
The way to prevent that is warding, creating clear barriers and asking all your visitors return from whence they came when you are done. Banishing if necessary. And of course, keep it covered when not in use.

I am curious, you say you clean your mirrors regularly, but do you clean them spiritually?

Edited by Solanaceae, 24 September 2017 - 11:18 PM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#83 ScyldisBlackbriar

ScyldisBlackbriar

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:30 AM

Black mirrors are portals just as much as any mirror, possibly more so.
The way to prevent that is warding, creating clear barriers and asking all your visitors return from whence they came when you are done. Banishing if necessary. And of course, keep it covered when not in use.

I am curious, you say you clean your mirrors regularly, but do you clean them spiritually?

I do clean my mirrors spiritually/energetically, though for some reason I seem to be called to clean and ward my windows more often. I'm probably subconsciously more worried about the unwanted influences of humans near by (I live in a city) than entities crossing through mirrors- I'm very careful about what I call/ attract and feel very protected by my guardians. Funny thing, though... now that I think about it... other than physically and energetically cleansing my bathroom prior to a ritual bathing, I rarely cleanse and consecrate that area... almost avoidant of it? I'll have to give that one some thought.

I'm wondering, since you seem to have experience, what are your thoughts about using black mirrors in particular as a way of contacting "lower beings"? I get the impression from others, and it goes along with my own instinct, that certain scrying methods -or even other ways of contacting entities- are less of an invitation for trouble than others (problems with ouija boards)? Not looking for advice, per se, but opinions on the matter if you have any. Thanks!

Edited by ScyldisBlackbriar, 29 September 2017 - 02:30 AM.

#84 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:40 PM

I'm wondering, since you seem to have experience, what are your thoughts about using black mirrors in particular as a way of contacting "lower beings"? I get the impression from others, and it goes along with my own instinct, that certain scrying methods -or even other ways of contacting entities- are less of an invitation for trouble than others (problems with ouija boards)? Not looking for advice, per se, but opinions on the matter if you have any. Thanks!

What do you mean by 'lower beings' just out of curiosity? As in from the 'lower realms' as apposed to the 'higher realms'? 

Some here go with that idea, and that is fine as everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I personally do not really look at it that way, as above so below IMHO.

In my experience using mirrors (or any other scrying method for that matter) is no 'safer' then using an Ouija board. I think that the Ouija board gets that rap because it is more prone to abuse by the very young and inexperienced. It is after all marketed as a game unlike most methods. 

All of them can open doors, in your mind at the very least.

I find using a mirror or crystal ball to scry is very trance inducing. That alone can open you up to all kinds of things. Then again so can meditation.

If by 'lower beings' you mean demons, mirrors can be used very effectively for certain methods evocation. The black mirror in particular, but any mirror could be used.

Edited by Solanaceae, 29 September 2017 - 03:40 PM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#85 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:26 AM

ime it doesn't matter what is used to open the door. An open door is an open door...the important thing is to have a bouncer stationed there!