What you listening to ATM

spinney

I am all about this European group called Hexvessel. I searched to see if anyone had posted about it, but I don't think so. Their music is very "witchy" in regards to lyrics. The music style ranges from eerie ambient acoustic folk to some electric psychedelic sounds like some late 60's early 70's groups. You can find a good bit of their music on YouTube. I strongly recommend them to anyone that hasn't heard them before. Not for everyone, but I am sure many here would like the stuff they do.

I checked them out. Very trancey sort of music, I like it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No freakin'way. I have had this stuck in my head for a week. I saw the title of this thread and giggled to myself how ironic it was and debated posting it myself. I'm just kinda freaked out to scroll down and see this linked here right now.

I personally think they may have bested Simon and Garfunkel here - but that's just me. I don't care for the usual grunge metal style of some of this bands other stuff. Their cover of Land of Confusion is good too, but THIS blew me away.

I personally think they may have bested Simon and Garfunkel here - but that's just me.

It was well done. That said, I missed the harmony...

It was well done. That said, I missed the harmony...

I like the original just a wee bit better, but this version is haunting in its own right. Probably why I can't get it out of my head. I also had the notion it would have been an awesome remake for Type O Negative. Sadly, that will never happen.

Favorite albums released in 2015, anyone?

I think mine is going to be Awolnation's "Run". :party9:

from the album...

"Windows"

"Hollow Moon (Bad Wolf)"

Title Track "Run"

Why does that (AWOLNATION) remind me of Erasure? Probably just me. Nice, I was not familiar with them.

Maybe you'll recognize this one from their last album? It was a pretty popular one, a few years back.

"Sail"

Also, not sure where the connection is for you with Erasure, but I'm curious. Is there a particular song from them that reminds you of Awolnation?

Awolnation is amazing!! Hollow Moon and Sail are two of my favorites.

Recently, I've been listening to the album Ghost Stories by Coldplay.

I took my kid to Buzz Beach Ball in July. We saw AWOLNation, Glass Animals and alt+j.along with many others. Really good time. The singer from Glass Animals crowd surfed. My daughter touched his butt. She was ecstatic. I thought alt+j was incredible in concert and would pay to see them again.They opened with Hunger of the Pines.

What I'm listening to right now? I've been on a Courtney Barnett kick for several months now and it just keeps getting better.

I've also been listening to Nathaniel Rateliff.

@Anara r.e. The Erasure connection. The real answer probably is that I'm a weirdo and my mind makes random connections:). I suppose on the AWOLNATION end its "Hollow Moon" that made me think of "ship of fools" era Erasure in general. But it's a hell of stretch when I actually think about it. Something about the way the harmonize and the synth use I think. I'm even worse in person about verbalizing random shit:). Regardless, I like this quite a bit, so thanks for the intro!

Its name is memory

It lives inside your flesh

The serpent strikes

Feeding on itself

The serpent's eyes

Stare into forever

The world of memory

Exists outside of time

Serpent's eyes

Timeless thoughts

DJ Earworm Mashup (of 2015 pop hits). That can't be easy blending all of those songs/videos to create something that's actually coherent & interesting to watch/listen to.

Happy 2016 folks.

Looking forward to seeing what comes out this coming year.