What you listening to ATM

spinney

there are a lot of more traditional Native American artists as well, one of my favorites:

I have a cedar flute that was hand carved by a Hopi that I had plans to make some folk metal with but never got around to it

Also, here's some awesome Romanian black metal.

Edited by Capsicum

@Capsicum, so, Nechochwen has got me totally mesmerized, I downloaded a lot of their songs, and, eager to learn about this new (to me) Native metal genre, I did a quick Google search and found Folkheim, and despite its Nordic sounding name, it turns out to be a band from Chile, and they got me floored.

• Upvote 1

Haha yeah those guys do some interesting stuff with reed pipes and tremolo riffs.  Been a while since I listened to them.  There should be some interesting Argentinian and Brazilian stuff out there too.  Canada has a few emerging bands as well...but as far as a genuine blend of Native folk and metal there are only a handful actually doing it---rather than it just being black or death metal with native themes.  Or worse, Brasilian metalcore. lol.  Some of the older stuff on a solo project I started years ago would probably mesh well with it, maybe I should try dabbling some more?

Another one of my favorite music realms is Post-Metal...Omega Massif is one of my preferred bands of that genre.

Edited by Caps
broken vid

Yeah I play mostly stringed instruments and have played in a few unsuccessful bands in the past.  Anything I've done in the last 10 years has been under the radar solo projects.  I do jam with a kind of "hard rock" cover band from time to time but it's just for shits and giggles.

I do have some older experimental folk/black metal tracks I can PM to you if you're interested.