Sign in to follow this  
RavenFlyer

Robin Artisson

I have read four of his books and had no idea he had any controversy around him. I don't feel the Hela is Holda thing the way he does. I have encountered them as different individuals but I enjoy his books because they give lots of inspiration.

I agree, his books have taught me about spellcrafting not only from explanation but giving “recipes” as well. They are inspiring because he encourages you to use these recipes as formats for other spells, using your creativity. There are a few moments where I find myself rolling my eyes. Such as when he talks about hedgecrossing, and how you can’t perform it without strong devotion to the Master. Which is the god he heavily venerates and possibly worships as suggested in The Horn of Evenwood

Edited by FancyShadowCat
  • Upvote 1

I only recently came across Robin's work. I too didn't know anything about him, I just picked up a book after seeing a mention of some workings on a blog which were from one of his books. I much prefer to pick up a book and not let the author's reputation precede them, so I can make my own mind up if I think it's pants or not.

I have dipped in and out of a couple of his books and I've found certain bits fascinating. I took the bits I agreed with and found useful and skipped the rest. I don't mean any disrespect to the author on that point, but that's how I feel we all develop our own unique path.

A few bits from his books have made it into my grimoires and I'm definitely going to read some more!

I found Artisson's work visionary and poetically inspired, but his online personality dogmatic, histrionic and erratic.

Based on the effects that his work appeared to have upon him, I decided to ditch the books I had of his.

Edited by WitchVillage
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this