Not to make fun of the Christians or anything...

Cairelle

This is just too scary! Slick-haired televangelists doing pseudo hip-hop? I guess whatever they think will bring the bucks in!

Rebie, none of that has hit up here in the ultra-conservative mountains. I don't think the elders would allow it. The best the kids have here are "recreation centers" - a couple in church basements & one a separate building, all supervised by the minister, of course. I've heard no one is allowed into these places if the pants are sagging enough to show underwear. Christian, yes. Currently stylish? No. So, none of the grunge bands would make it in the door. (Were he that young, my kid wouldn't make it out the door with that styling anyways.)

I have been up your way Mountain Witch. I have friends in all parts of north Georgia. No way in heck would the churches up there allow that. This is in the city.

Rebie

Edited by Rebie
spell check

Guest Landieth
This is just too scary! Slick-haired televangelists doing pseudo hip-hop? I guess whatever they think will bring the bucks in!

Rebie, none of that has hit up here in the ultra-conservative mountains. I don't think the elders would allow it. The best the kids have here are "recreation centers" - a couple in church basements & one a separate building, all supervised by the minister, of course. I've heard no one is allowed into these places if the pants are sagging enough to show underwear. Christian, yes. Currently stylish? No. So, none of the grunge bands would make it in the door. (Were he that young, my kid wouldn't make it out the door with that styling anyways.)

Lol I'd be run out of town! :) My pants have gotten a bit big on me lately, and even with a belt it's hard to keep them up. haha