3 Random..

Guest Landieth

Guest Landieth

I grabbed a few shots of a few random things. The first is a piece I did 4 years ago with colored pencil of a castle interior (which I used a picture of the room structure to design my own work out of symbolism). The second is a hieroglyphic piece I did portraying working with life-essence. The third is a book I made out of the bottom of one of those card-board gift boxes you get for clothes.. stitched the parchment pages and made the book.. it has its own card, and has become my CWC (my Crafty Witch's Companion) lol.. it contains magical crafts and recipes for supplies and such. When it's completed I'll make an ebook or document of it and post it in the downloads section if anyone wants it. :)

.. hmm.. There's several pics here so I may need to make a couple posts to get all the attatchments.

1279_thumb.attach

1280_thumb.attach

Guest Landieth

Here's the pics of the CWC (new post to hold all these pics together)

Oh, and the hieroglyph piece was made with a painted canvas, and piece of gessoed linen painted with glyphs, and twine that I felt drawn to place on it.

1281_thumb.attach

1282_thumb.attach

1283_thumb.attach

1284_thumb.attach

1285_thumb.attach

1286_thumb.attach

Guest Landieth
very nice. I love the "castle pic" - remindsme of my kitchen table :-)

The table in the actual castle interior picture is one I'd love to have!! Mine doesn't do it justice. lol

OH! And the castle that spawned this idea is located somewhere in Ireland btw.

Wow Land very nice pieces. I like how the drawing actually looks 3 dimensional, but my favorite piece is the hyroglyphics (sp?). Can I have it? Please? lol ;)

Guest Landieth
Wow Land very nice pieces. I like how the drawing actually looks 3 dimensional, but my favorite piece is the hyroglyphics (sp?). Can I have it? Please? lol ;)

:) No, but I may be able to make you one sometime?

Guest Landieth

Here's a bit of the page for Story Craft with some ideas I have and a bit about brewing up a story, and part of the page on Feastmanship (my term for creating ritualized dishes).

As you can tell, that's just my normal handwriting.. Although I do have an interesting illuminated 'L' on a page of my grimoire about curses and the 'lesson'.. I'll post that too.

I went ahead and got the border art from that page too.

1288_thumb.attach

1289_thumb.attach

1290_thumb.attach

1291_thumb.attach

1292_thumb.attach

Very, very cool... you'll have to re-write mine for me... it's just my illegible scribble with whatever pen or pencil I could find nearby at the time :-(

Do you find you change things? If yes, what do you do then - rip the page out? As I tend to also write info in my book, I find that once I am done with that particular thing I will often take out the page...

:) No, but I may be able to make you one sometime?

LOL I think I could handle that ;)

Also your handwriting just SO suits a Grim, the way it looks and the way it flows with all those long letters, they look like they (how can I put this without sounding too cheesy?) belong there. Sorry that's not the best compliment I know, but I have a hard time with words sometimes and that was the first word that popped into my head and it felt right to use it lol.

Guest Landieth
Very, very cool... you'll have to re-write mine for me... it's just my illegible scribble with whatever pen or pencil I could find nearby at the time :-(

Do you find you change things? If yes, what do you do then - rip the page out? As I tend to also write info in my book, I find that once I am done with that particular thing I will often take out the page...

Unless I make a drastic error that can't be fixed, the page stays in. And I would never take something out that I may need (or can revise for another situation) later. :)

I don't necessarily change things.. more like add on to it. If a page on a certain subject is already full and the next page has something on it, I'll put a #1 on the beginning page and do a #2, #3, or what ever the next free page.

I very rarely put specific spells into my grimoire, at least, on a page in my grimoire, but will put an outline for the creation of it and correspondences and symbols. From there, I will take seperate paper and write it out there, and then slip the paper into the appropriate part of the grimoire. (Since most of my castings include drawings or some other form of specific art, this seems the most logical way to do things for me)

Guest Landieth
LOL I think I could handle that ;)

Also your handwriting just SO suits a Grim, the way it looks and the way it flows with all those long letters, they look like they (how can I put this without sounding too cheesy?) belong there. Sorry that's not the best compliment I know, but I have a hard time with words sometimes and that was the first word that popped into my head and it felt right to use it lol.

Thanks for the complement!!. :) I do use a mixture of different handwritings in my grimoire though. I do elaborate on some of the more dramatic pieces, but the most natural to me is the one in the CWC.

These are very nice Land, love the room and its table. Your hieroglyphic piece I really like and love your idea for the CWC.. love your handwriting.

• 4 weeks later...

You're very talented I really like your art. I don't have a great handwriting but I try to write my grimoire by hand. The problem is that I wan't it to be almost perfect so if I write something and make a spelling error och a stain on the paper I have to do it all over again. I have a binder and black photopaper (it's just thick black paper you can put in a binder) and I normally glue stuff onto the paper and then put it in the book.

Archived