The Order of the Universe

Michele

Hey - quick thought here.... for those of you who believe there is an order to everything, and lessons in everything, but don't believe in any gods/divine, then what do you feel that order exists for? If there are no coincidences, but there are no gods, then is it just coincidence that there are no coincidences? (yes I know I spelled coincidence wrong... lol)

I don't believe there is order in everything. The universe is full of chaos and chaos serves its purpose in creating things in the universe. Eventually it all shakes down and finds a pattern to exist by.

I think lessons can be learned from anything, but not that everything has a lesson we, individually, have to learn at that moment.

When my niece and I both happened to buy the same tshirt within a couple weeks and thousands of miles apart from each other, it's just a silly coincidence, no greater meaning to it. Therefore, coincidences do exist.

I don't believe there is order in everything. The universe is full of chaos and chaos serves its purpose in creating things in the universe. Eventually it all shakes down and finds a pattern to exist by.

I think lessons can be learned from anything, but not that everything has a lesson we, individually, have to learn at that moment.

When my niece and I both happened to buy the same tshirt within a couple weeks and thousands of miles apart from each other, it's just a silly coincidence, no greater meaning to it. Therefore, coincidences do exist.

That's how I see it too. Well said Leigh:)

Hey - quick thought here.... for those of you who believe there is an order to everything, and lessons in everything, but don't believe in any gods/divine, then what do you feel that order exists for? If there are no coincidences, but there are no gods, then is it just coincidence that there are no coincidences? (yes I know I spelled coincidence wrong... lol)

I believe there is a lesson in everythng.

I believe there are lessons to be learned from everything. It doesn't matter if there is order or whether or not there are gods or anything behind it, just that everything is an opportunity to learn.

I believe there is alot of chaos in the world. But within that chaotic stew people, spirits, etc can do things that do have a purpose, that have meaning.

Then again some things are just coincidences. Still one could say that the lesson may be that Leigh and her niece have similar tastes in T shirts.

I def believe there is chaos, but I believe ther eis a reason for it. I read a book called Kali's Odyia and it explained chaos in a way that I can't write, but that totally made sense to me.

Hi Michele,

I don't believe in an order to the universe, as such, I do believe that the universe has a default structure of rules that govern all life (nature); i.e. the desire to live and procreate, gravity, stuff like that, without these and other rules, life would not exist. Our lives unfold in accordance with our choices and beliefs, both conscious and unconscious and the choices and beliefs of the collective consciousness (since we are all connected).

The perceived chaos, is actually the many twist and turns of the collective choices and belief system (hence we can change things, through spells). We bring about, both what we want and what we don't want, with our thoughts and beliefs. Higher vibration always overrides lower vibrations, and so the strong will always dominate the weak (not to say that the strong are always strong).

Their are no such things as coincidences, like attracts like, and so things come into our lives that are a vibrational match or that we have already set in motion by a prior thought (good and bad, however we label it).

Their are no lessons that we are taught by others, our higher self seeks personal growth and development, and so attracts experiences to us until we expand. Many will experience things until they grow, but will not be consciously aware of any lesson.

Wow that just flooded out of me!

Guest Landieth

I don't necessarily believe in an order, just that there's always a deeper lesson to learn, as well as there is a spiritual truth underlying it. I believe that what ever happens in the subconcious mind that makes you make certain choices and take certain paths is goverened by a link to other people's subconcious as well as 'nature's subconcious'. I believe this would be the closest thing to an 'order' in my belief.

That the different worlds and planes coexist, and bring about certain change because everyone's connected to it. In that co-existing one thing happens in one plane, which causes a parralell change in the others and brings it into a concious choice.

Trust me...chaos does exist very well within as well as around us (in many instances, this is where the lessons arrive)

AnjelWolf, could you elaborate. :)

This is what I like to describe as organized chaos. Everything in existence, even that outside our universe, comes from an endless macrocosm of sporadic change. These changes bring about patterns and form new things but will all one day return from which they came. These things taken into account, I don't believe in any form of total order. To suggest there is an order to everything would mean that the principles everything is built on wouldn't exist. In perfect order things would stay in a perfect constant, and there would be no room for change. I think that would be sad, because with no change and no chaos there can be no new harmonies. Nature, the universe, has ways of balancing itself, like a constantly rocking see-saw of energies pushing and pulling for eons. The Chinese philosophy of yin and yang rings true here. There cannot be darkness without light, and vise versa. All this being said, I suppose I should state that I don't believe that this universe is the only one in existence. I would explain but it would be too hard for me, as the science behind this is extremely complex. Quantum Theory is an interesting thing to wrap your head around if you can do it without getting a headache. I still get headaches.

There are lessons to be learned in everything, and everything has tendencies to create patterns. I don't like to look for patterns in everything though, because these things are constantly in flux and can mean something different with each passing moment.

To answer your final question, Michele, I don't believe in any all powerful gods or divinities that control our fates or destinies, whatever you may like to call them. We all have the power to control the outcomes of things to a certain degree, though some things may still be out of our hands. This is where that idea of organized chaos comes back into play. Some things happen just out of random acts of nature or others actions. We cannot always control these things and therefore some things just happen. Perhaps this is the coincidence we see, but isn't it a coincidence that we all exist in the first place? Although I don't believe in any all powerful beings I do believe in spirits, those of nature, those of transient beings, and those of other worldly entities. I believe all these spirits have the ability to and do effect things in the universe, but do not control all aspects of existence. We too have the ability to effect the universe, through simple actions and through directing our energies into any form of spell craft. Any form of energy put out into the universe will cause some sort of change in the structure of the universe we live in.

I hope at least some of this made sense. I may have gone a little overboard. My original post was only going to be a few lines long and then I just got carried away. Oh well, I'll try to keep it short next time.

I do not believe in gods. I don't even believe in one god. But I do beleive there is some higher spirit or something. It has to have some intellegence. Not sure what though. Sometimes I think it is the universe itself. It is a spirit or energy that has created us and everything in it. Because as I see it, there had to be some sort of order for everything to be just right in order for us to live and have intellegence. This world was created to grow and nuture its living creatures. Just about everything has a purpose. There had to be some sort of intellegence for that to happen.

Chaos does exist and so does some order. Some things happen just because and some things are just meant to be. I can usually tell the difference. I am sure most of us can. This is a great question and topic. One that will have many different views and opinions. One of the great mysteries.

Rebie

I believe there are lessons to be learned from everything. It doesn't matter if there is order or whether or not there are gods or anything behind it, just that everything is an opportunity to learn.

I believe there is alot of chaos in the world. But within that chaotic stew people, spirits, etc can do things that do have a purpose, that have meaning.

Then again some things are just coincidences. Still one could say that the lesson may be that Leigh and her niece have similar tastes in T shirts.

Originally Posted by AnjelWolf viewpost.gif

Trust me...chaos does exist very well within as well as around us (in many instances, this is where the lessons arrive)

Well said for me too.

Archived