Photo
- - - - -

Runes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

The thing I'm really worried about is making each chip as physically identical as the next. I don't want to be able to know which rune is which by shape, size, or thickness; I'm afraid I'd start to "cheat" in my readings, even if only subconsciously.

G - I kind of wandered about that as well. I'm not sure I can make them the same width. I have ash in my yard too. When you finish your runes, I'd love to see a pic of them.

#62 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:38 AM

Will do TL!

That's another reason for using power tools, by the way - I think I can set a guide to make exact width cuts. I have both an 18v hand circular saw and jigsaw, so I should have the ability on one of them. Or I can just rig something, a jig of some kind.
If not, there's always the table saw. I just didn't want to (possibly) gum up my good blade with tree sap.
I also bought a wood burner set. I still intend to carve the wood, but I thought the wood burner set would be an added plus - burn the carving a bit to clean up the edges (?), then add the paint/blood mixture.

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#63 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

I need to get a wood burner set too. I was using my husbands soldering (sp?) iron to carve into different things. But it's broke - so I guess this would be a good time to get a wood burner set. :D I was going to stain the chips with blood before I stained them but that might just be an extra step doing it separate.

#64 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:00 AM

A few posts back I mentioned that a friend was making new runes for me? Well she finally mailed them to me and they are beautiful. The stones are multi colored in pinks, blues, purples, etc. I've been working with them for a week now and wow, they are near perfect. My old ones are being retired to my candle garden where I hope they will be happy. :rolleyes_witch:
Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#65 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:12 AM

A few posts back I mentioned that a friend was making new runes for me? Well she finally mailed them to me and they are beautiful. The stones are multi colored in pinks, blues, purples, etc. I've been working with them for a week now and wow, they are near perfect. My old ones are being retired to my candle garden where I hope they will be happy. :rolleyes_witch:

Oh Morgana, the new runes sound so pretty. I'm sure your old ones will enjoy the candle garden!

“Draco Dormien Nuquam Titillandus”
(Never Tickle A Sleeping Dragon)

#66 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:42 PM

To anyone in general - when making your own runes, do you
  • Leave the bark on around the edge,
  • Strip it off entirely, or
  • Just lightly sand it to smoothen it out a bit?

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#67 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:37 PM

To anyone in general - when making your own runes, do you

• Leave the bark on around the edge,
  • Strip it off entirely, or
  • Just lightly sand it to smoothen it out a bit?

I think it is up to the individual. I have in the past taken the bark off. My next set of runes I am going to see about leaving the bark on.

“Draco Dormien Nuquam Titillandus”
(Never Tickle A Sleeping Dragon)

#68 Guest_Lea_*

Guest_Lea_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:22 AM

I want to get a set of runes someday!