WV spooks and haunts

Guest Tiger Lady

Guest Tiger Lady

Since were on the topic of Mothman, I thought I'd bring up a few more WV monsters such as the Flatwoods Monster. I've been there too. I'm positive I've covered the map of WV. WV is so beautiful that I've toured and stayed in several different counties and I've learned about a few myths, legends, monsters, ghost, and witches here and there. Definitely all up my alley and all of which fascinates me. This link, for all those that like to soak it up like me - lists various monsters from each county. And to anyone who would like to take a tour of WV. Here's a copied list:

Barbour County

The Philippi Mummies

Berkeley County

The Hammond Mansion

Boone County

Sheepsquatch

Braxton County

The Braxton County Monster

Brooke County

Sara

Cabell County

Ghostly Banjo Player

Calhoun County

The Tin Cup

Clay County

The Poisoned Wife

Doddridge County

The Headless Rider

Fayette County

Blume Haven Inn

Gilmer County

Sis Lynn

Grant County

The Headless Horseman

Greenbrier County

The Greenbrier Ghost

Hampshire County

Peterkin Retreat

Hancock County

Weirton Steel Mill

Hardy County

The Gamble Mansion

Harrison County

Flinderation Tunnel

Jackson County

The Pfost-Greene Murder Victims

Jefferson County

Screaming Jenny

Kanawha County

Capital Plaza Theater

Lewis County

Weston State Hospital

Lincoln County

The Harts’ Headless Man

Logan County

Ethel Coal Mines

McDowell County

Sid Hatfield’s Ghost

Marion County

The Witch's Grave

Marshall County

Moundsville State Penitentiary

Mason County

Mothman

Mercer County

Bluefield Amusement Park

Mineral County

Buried Treasure

Mingo County

Rt. 52's Ghost Soldier

Monongalia County

WVU’s Ghosts

Monroe County

Solitude Farm

Morgan County

The Haunted Castle in Berkeley Springs

Nicholas County

“Sally”

Ohio County

Tunnel Green

Pendleton County

The Purple Lady & The Peg-Legged Captain

Pleasants County

Ike’s Tomb

Pocahontas County

Droop Mountain Battlefield

Preston County

Kingwood Ghost Train

Putnam County

Scary Creek Battlefield

Raleigh County

Haunted Courthouse

Randolph County

Graceland House

Ritchie County

Burnt House

Roane County

Spencer State Hospital

Summers County

John Henry’s Ghost

Taylor County

The Telltale Lilac Bush

Tucker County

Darkish Knob

Tyler County

The Wells Inn

Upshur County

Ghost Bicyclist

Wayne County

Ramsdell House

Webster County

Bighoot

Wetzel County

Bill White’s Wife

Wirt County

The Murdered Merchant

Wood County

Margaret Blennerhassett

Wyoming County

Burg Hammon

Some of these spooks and monsters I know well. I've visited Droop Mountain Battlefield more times than I can count. Not only do I feel the presence of those that fought there, as I stand above there sunken graves, but I get this intense sadness that is overwhelming - if that makes any sense. And I can not contain myself at nightfall. I can't stay. Can't explain it - I just can't stay. A lot of people have heard of the Headless Horseman, the Blennerhassetts, the Hatfields and John Henry. I did have to research Big Hoot and Sheepsquatch because, well... I thought they were mispellings but there not. I am interested in Marion County Witch's grave (my county) because I'm not sure if I know that one. I do know we have a couple of ghost stories here but I don't know if this is connected to any I know. I will be googling it later. This is an amazing state with beautiful mountains but it is also a sad state with stories of abuse, depression, coal mining, and mysterious mountains - all which makes for a good ghost or monster.

Oh and Dark Phoenix - the Moundsville Penitentiary is just a few counties above me. I hear its just as good as Lakin State Mental Hospital or maybe better. Actually is been debuted in several different television series when it comes to famous haunts. The most famous ghost there is the shadow man.

Guest Tiger Lady

On that same site that I placed a link to above is also a collection of pictures I thought someone might be interested in. These are pictures of popular haunts and some of the monsters

http://www.wvspectralheritage.com/id5.html

I've been to the Big Bend Tunnel - and no I didn't like it. I didn't like it at all. The energy wasn't good. Of course, anywhere there are tragic deaths - I'm not sure the energy could be anything but bad. Its not the only haunted train tunnel in this state. I do know of a couple of others.

Guest Bean Sprite

I go to the witche's grave all of the time since it is on my husbands familly grave yard. I'll take you some time. It's really a cool place. Kind of near the mine disaster memorial up big run.

Guest Tiger Lady
I go to the witche's grave all of the time since it is on my husbands familly grave yard. I'll take you some time. It's really a cool place. Kind of near the mine disaster memorial up big run.

That would be cool. I was hoping you knew where it was.

Archived